1. Post #1
    April 2010
    208 Posts

Company of Heroes Blitzkrieg mod is a must if you have the game and you want more to your game. The mod is exceptionally good and in my opinion the best mod for
    Company of Heroes, ranked 8 on the MOD DB “Mod of the Year” list in 2010 and rank 7 in 2011 falling just short behind, Eastern Front mod (rank 5). The best part is you
    only need the game itself no expansion packs. The mod will give you a reason to go back to this game before CoH2 and will give you hours of fun with this mod.
    The mod also has a downloadable map pack that you can download if you wish.

Features of the Mod:
    - More units and skins for all factions
    - An improved commander tree
    - New maps
    - New sounds
    - New abilities and perks
    - Realistic weapon damage system
    - More info for tanks (Penetration, Armor, and Speed)
    - More units for customizable army
    - Increased line of sight and ranges for emplacements and guns
    - Annoying team colors on the tanks are removed
    - Transparency effects changed.
    - A revised camouflage system where they have to be near cover to camouflage.

- More battle types (Annihilate no pop cap or infantry only)
    More info at:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/blitzkrieg

Team:
    Xalibur - Founder, Coding & realization
    Gawain77 - Co-Modder, Gameplay & Balance
    SHADOW - Public Relations, Gameplay & Balance, engl. translations
    Ruhrpottpatriot - Forum-Master
    Luc - Installer, Betatester
    internal Betatester: Chrome, Gambit, Keeper, Dreiundzwanzig, Ivelios, Kr0noZ, Lordhelmlein, Muaddib, RaCheEnGeL!.de, Smallz, Shogi, Tinamu, d0nCarlos, Spielführer, GrüneTeufel, WARTHOG, Vega1707, Frehelias, Rhel, olhausen, HaryPL

No I did not make this mod also this thread will be worked on and updated with more info once I get my Company of Heroes to work with a different resolution (Stuck at 1024x768 can't change or it will crash)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,020 Posts
    Could've been added to the main company of heroes folder, but other than that.
    I love this mod, especially the infantry only game mode.
    Micro managing units is also fun as hell in this.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,453 Posts
    Is it AI compatible, or purely a MP mod. I really love compstomping in CoH, but the retarded, predictable and massively cheating AI makes it an unfair and boring affair. I wish the AI would get stronger when cornered, and lays off abit if you're almost defeated. You know, some real frontline combat that's not gone in 2 minutes.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,277 Posts
    Blitzkrieg is AI compatible and it has improved AI too iirc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,032 Posts
    Really fun and expansive mod to play, lots of variation and units

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,513 Posts
    Is it AI compatible, or purely a MP mod. I really love compstomping in CoH, but the retarded, predictable and massively cheating AI makes it an unfair and boring affair. I wish the AI would get stronger when cornered, and lays off abit if you're almost defeated. You know, some real frontline combat that's not gone in 2 minutes.
    It is AI compatible, but it's not been cared for much in the recent versions; AI coder is IRL busy iirc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,453 Posts
    It is AI compatible, but it's not been cared for much in the recent versions; AI coder is IRL busy iirc.
    Is it any better than vanilla AI though?

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    726 Posts
    This mod is insane, so much content and so much fun, online or against the AI.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,513 Posts
    Is it any better than vanilla AI though?
    It's certainly a lot more difficult (more units created and such), but some have odd bugs e.g. Commonwealth AI has an unusual habit of spamming specific units on certain maps.

10. Post #10
    April 2012
    1,039 Posts
    This is one of the best mods in any game. I can finally have essentially any tank I want or even go all out airborne. No more being able to call in 1 or 2 units of 101st and then needing to spam riflemen. Now you can field an actual army of 101st.

11. Post #11
    November 2008
    1,470 Posts
    Fantastic mod... Though it runs horribly for me, I can play settings maxed at average 25fps in vanilla, but Blitzkrieg, I'm lucky to get over 20 zoomed all the way in on empty ground.

12. Post #12
    April 2010
    208 Posts
    I cant change the resolution for some reason. I tried to change screen resolution(or anything in video option) then the game crashed after I clicked apply. I tried adding -width 1920 -height 1080 in launch option, editing configuration.lua but screen resolution is still the same(1024 x 768).

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    The AI can just fail sometimes and do nothing. other times they lead great battles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    April 2010
    208 Posts
    Ya we had a huge sim city as British playing against expert AI and they only had 1 nebel on lyon while me and my other friend chilled out on the other side of the main bridge holding down their panthers trying to cross. Soon we got bored and crushed them with a few comets, pershings, a AVRE, and shermans.

15. Post #15
    April 2012
    1,039 Posts
    One gripe I have is that the AI Wehrmacht spams any variation of nebelwerfers and they are devastating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,020 Posts
    Anyone want to play this mod with a suckish player (me) against AI?

If you want to, PM me with your username, please.

17. Post #17
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,446 Posts
    Oh hey, new version came out. Did they fix the British AI doing nothing but making dingos?

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    oh also i'm having this problem.

one of the whermact's flak panzers's (the narrow and long one) turrets has a texture that's completely purple.

also the flak cannon that deploys the turret is completely black

19. Post #19
    Fudders
    September 2010
    3,308 Posts
    Just play Men of War Assault Squad instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,020 Posts

one of the whermact's flak panzers's (the narrow and long one) turrets has a texture that's completely purple.

Well a new update came out very very very recently (not 4.50, a new one), try getting that and see if it helps.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2007
    17,086 Posts
    different scale games

22. Post #22
    October 2011
    4 Posts

The texture has behaved funny since it was added--if I remember, you'll need to set textures to high or above to see it.

23. Post #23

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    CoH has actual AI, for a start.

So uhh, no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Xed
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    890 Posts
    Reinstalling my CoH, and then this mod. Never spent money on any expansions, but this mod sounds nice. Especially the prospect of all infantry, that sounds super fun.

Edited:

from 1.00 to the newest version.

so many patches

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,513 Posts
    No skirmish AI. SP mission AI is completely scripted.

26. Post #26
    July 2009
    2,366 Posts
    We should set up a facepunch game of this. I enjoy this mod because it actually gives the allies armor to face the germans head on. Not to mention rangers for everyone...

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    The texture has behaved funny since it was added--if I remember, you'll need to set textures to high or above to see it.
    yeah and expect some kind of performance drop.

can someone just tell me how i can apply the higher res texture to the vehicle's turret?

my comp sucks shit so i can't really put anything to high. and this is really bothering me. i can't play against or for the whermact

28. Post #28
    April 2012
    1,039 Posts
    I am so fucking sick of the (overpowered) Wehrmacht AI spamming the fucking shit out of the various werfers (nebel, panzer, stuka) and mortars. The werfers have no counters and do obscene damage, while the mortars are just a damn nuisance. Once they roll out a PzIV it's even more difficult to come back, because Allied tanks are no match for it. Bazookas even bounce off the sides of most of them. Fallshirmjaegers in the PE Luftwaffe tree can take out any Allied infantry unit easily and can paradrop in and camouflage.
    Balanced mod.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,513 Posts
    Mod is not balanced for AI, MP dynamic is completely different. That being said, keep only mobile defences if possible in areas within range of the nebs, counterbattery like mad. Any stealthy observer unit you have, send a few to keep an eye out for them; AI usually fires from the same few positions.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    i just call down artillery on the werfers or deploy a sniper team supported by rangers

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,020 Posts
    I am so fucking sick of the (overpowered) Wehrmacht AI spamming the fucking shit out of the various werfers (nebel, panzer, stuka) and mortars. The werfers have no counters and do obscene damage, while the mortars are just a damn nuisance. Once they roll out a PzIV it's even more difficult to come back, because Allied tanks are no match for it. Bazookas even bounce off the sides of most of them. Fallshirmjaegers in the PE Luftwaffe tree can take out any Allied infantry unit easily and can paradrop in and camouflage.
    Balanced mod.
    Pz4s are easy to fuck up if you know what you're doing. It's the tigers that are a pain