1. Post #1
    November 2010
    1,338 Posts

Neversoft is working on an unnamed Call of Duty title.

Confirmation comes via the studio’s website, which is currently advertising for staff to join its CoD team. Among the roles available are single-player and multiplayer level designers, as well as concept artists and animators.

The splash page says, “We have molded our team into a crack squad of eager developers ready to push the First Person Action genre in support of Activision’s Call of Duty franchise.”

It’s not the first time that Neversoft have been linked with the Call of Duty franchise. In September last year, job listings appeared at the studio advertising for AAA FPS developers.

At the same time an ad in Game Developers magazine encouraged applicants to “shoot into the future,” using a font highly reminiscent of Activision’s best-selling franchise.

Exactly what the game is remains unknown, however. The allusions to a future setting suggest that it relates to the Black Ops series, which recently announced a jump to 2025, but that’s far from confirmed.

Whatever the result is, it’s clear that Neversoft are well out of their comfort zone. Best known for creating the Tony Hawk series of skateboarding games, in recent years the studio has concentrated on developing Guitar Hero titles. They've never made an FPS.

It's also interesting to note that both of these franchises have suffered from overexposure in recent years and have dwindled in popularity. Ominous omens, perhaps?

Will this series ever die...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 133Optimistic Optimistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    March 2008
    507 Posts
    Captain Price's Pro Skater
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 268Informative x 3Agree x 2Disagree x 2Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    they're calling it call of duty just to get attention, it seems. At this point there isn't any other explanation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,098 Posts
    Neversoft? You mean the Neversoft that has made 2 shooters in 14 years?
    This should be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 21Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    2,715 Posts
    Eric Sparrow will be the main antogonist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny x 67Agree x 3Winner x 2Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Will this series ever die...
    I've seen worse.

Is Activision backing this up? Maybe IW went down under already?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,928 Posts
    If this isn't a gamemode like Black Ops' zombie and MW3's Spec-Ops, then I'm not getting this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 76Agree Agree x 10 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,492 Posts
    Whack people with a skateboard for melee
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 25Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    wops
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    Eric Sparrow will be the main antogonist.
    what a twist!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,098 Posts
    Oh, and GUN let you switch between TPS and FPS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    How about Infinity Ward gives out the rights too call of duty too every game company, I would like to see the results.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    TimeSplitters Rewind
    June 2007
    1,317 Posts
    Go the fuck away COD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 41Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Don't Worry, I'm a Marine
    October 2005
    3,020 Posts
    If they're going to try and make another COD they're going to have to make something completely different in order to bring back the hype it once had. Something tells me it's just going to be a MW clone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

16. Post #16
    How about Infinity Ward gives out the rights too call of duty too every game company, I would like to see the results.
    It might actually effectively kill the series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 23Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Deal with it
    January 2012
    402 Posts
    Tutorial:
    Reach xxx points with your skateboard.
    If you fall, you fail.
    If you fail, we will lose the mission.
    No seriously.
    I didn't even know who they are in the first place.

Just let CoD die, it's over...Each part got worse and worse (except Mw2, since that it goes down)

18. Post #18
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,630 Posts
    I'd like to see Operation Market Garden again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,358 Posts
    Meh, I'll only buy CODs from Treyarch, they actually seem to be trying to be different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 25Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Deal with it
    January 2012
    402 Posts
    Meh, I'll only buy CODs from Treyarch, they actually seem to be trying to be different.

They try to, but they still fail (that's my opinion).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 31Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,254 Posts
    Why not Gun 2 ? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,230 Posts
    Call of Skate boarding: Guitar pro rolling 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Funny Funny x 6 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,923 Posts
    I'd try it. Price was a badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    July 2009
    4,690 Posts
    Why not Gun 2 ? :(
    I raged when people thought Red Dead Redemption was the first game that "did Western right" in video games. Gun was amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Deal with it
    January 2012
    402 Posts
    Also, I have to say, that the stories were quite good on the latest CoD's.Sure, it could be better but I don't exspect a super story with 50 hours playtime of an Ego-Shooter.

What I didn't like so much was:
    The community: Sure, there are worse but seriously?"Im am g0nN4 h4X y0u!11!!1!"
    The balancing:Fmg9=Seriously? Many weapons too good(barely/no recoil, uberpr0 range+damage and overpowered akimbos)
    The map packs:That is just to make more money.CoD IS and will EVER BE a Cashcow.
    The graphics:I don't care about the graphics, but many do.I mean, they are using the same engine since a few years, its getting old!Come on!
    The anti cheat:It is not bad, but I still get loads of hackers.I mean I don't flame, serious aimbotters that have 50/0 with headshots only.
    The sound of the guns in MW3:I mean wow.They were so shit!

The only way to rescue (MY OPINION!) it, is too fix that up and improve the current stuff(Zombie Mod was great but 2-3 maps and then a few more for 15€ each?No way!).

I dont want to insult anyone, but at least a few of those points are right.And you guys know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    May 2007
    1,218 Posts
    I raged when people thought Red Dead Redemption was the first game that "did Western right" in video games. Gun was amazing.
    Right! Me and my cousins pulled an all nighter on christmas eve trying to beat that game on the ps2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

27. Post #27
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,642 Posts
    like i said before just keep cranking up that diarrhea dial
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

28. Post #28
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,984 Posts
    Black Ops II isn't even out and they announce another one

The series is as stale as ever, seriously just go away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,660 Posts
    Also, I have to say, that the stories were quite good on the latest CoD's.Sure, it could be better but I don't exspect a super story with 50 hours playtime of an Ego-Shooter.

What I didn't like so much was:
    The community: Sure, there are worse but seriously?"Im am g0nN4 h4X y0u!11!!1!"
    The balancing:Fmg9=Seriously? Many weapons too good(barely/no recoil, uberpr0 range+damage and overpowered akimbos)
    The map packs:That is just to make more money.CoD IS and will EVER BE a Cashcow.
    The graphics:I don't care about the graphics, but many do.I mean, they are using the same engine since a few years, its getting old!Come on!
    The anti cheat:It is not bad, but I still get loads of hackers.I mean I don't flame, serious aimbotters that have 50/0 with headshots only.
    The sound of the guns in MW3:I mean wow.They were so shit!

The only way to rescue (MY OPINION!) it, is too fix that up and improve the current stuff(Zombie Mod was great but 2-3 maps and then a few more for 15€ each?No way!).

I dont want to insult anyone, but at least a few you have to admit.
    Frequent CoD player here.

The community: Most games have that kind of community now. Don't even try and tell me Battlefield/TF2/CS:S doesn't have players like that.
    The balancing: IW is pretty shit with balancing, I'll agree with that. They say they update certain weapons, but they really don't affect the overpowered stuff. My advice: take Akimbo/Dual Wield out of the damn game.
    The map packs: Activision has been charging the same amount for map packs for awhile now. I have no doubt that they continue to do so, although the new Face-Off gamemode encouraged them to release 2 free maps. Hopefully Treyarch can continue with some free stuff, instead of kinda forcing players to buy CoD Elite.
    The graphics: I know it's been said before, but they say they wanna keep it at a constant ~60-70 FPS for all players, including consoles. You can't really upgrade consoles so they can't just have a new engine and risk Xboxs and PS3s playing slower.
    The anti cheat: I've been playing CoD since Modern Warfare. I haven't run into one hacker/cheater in all of my years of player. Of course, if I try to go back to CoD 4 I'm gonna get cheaters. IW completely forgot about that game now...I don't know about MW2, I haven't played since Black Ops came out.
    The sound of the guns in MW3: I agree. They recycled alot of sounds. I don't like the idea of almost every weapon they kept from the old games, have the same exact sounds. But they're not the only games who do it. Great developers, like Valve for example, do the same with sounds and sometimes models.

Just my two cents thrown in. I have nothing against other games, please keep that in mind. I don't think CoD is the best game series ever. I'm just a frequent player of CoD games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,817 Posts
    As much as I vitriolicly LOATHE Activision, a combat-themed first-person skater would sound kinda cool; skate around on advanced skateboards (or hoverboards), replace regenerating health with "cool", have themed weapons that reduce cool (like soy-milk pistols or piss-filled balloons or a ketchup cannon), and make it so that in order to restore coolness and boost weapon power, you have to perform amazing tricks like kickflips and handstand rail-grinds (no planking though; planking is for hipsters), which somehow evaporates all the stuff (makes more sense than regrowing your face behind a barrel, though). Losing all your coolness forces your skater to skate back to the shower-block to wash away the shame they're covered in.

If anything, it'd make regenerating one's health a bit more skill-based.

Jokes aside, I don't know how to feel about a first-person shooter being made by a skateboard-game developer, especially under the pitch-black wings of the money demon. But more importantly, there's a question I must ask myself; why am I caring? It's an honest question, I don't know why i've been drawn into this; probably because of the novel notion of a skateboarding FPS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,833 Posts
    They try to, but they still fail (that's my opinion).
    they can only take small steps at a time. its easy to tell they want something very new and refreshing but they can't just quickly jump onto it and just tell Activision that they're making something that may not even be like any other CoD game.

32. Post #32
    March 2010
    3,399 Posts
    Makes more sense than anyone realizes. It will probably end up Tony and the Pro Skaters get drafted into the army after it is realized that they are freakin' invincible. With Officer Dick, Private Carerra and Ollie The Magic Bum themed campaigns as $30(each) DLC, only the use maps from THPS 1 and 2.

33. Post #33
    August 2010
    5,489 Posts
    Anything for money...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    Deal with it
    January 2012
    402 Posts
    I know, but I've been killed by so many aimbotters, mostly on demolition.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,130 Posts
    It's just a matter of time until it clicks in gamers' heads that maybe every game is the same thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    May 2010
    650 Posts
    This won't go well. Break a world record and he'll still say "Pretty good. But I've seen better."

37. Post #37
    October 2010
    7,947 Posts
    god no
    neversoft should just freaking make another tony hawk games, those were mad fun, leave cod to treyarch as they were somewhat successful with black ops and WaW, so I have hope for black ops 2, but neversoft? and so soon? this is the only time im not wanting a cod game to be made, considering whos making it.

38. Post #38
    May 2007
    357 Posts
    As long as Spiderman and Doomguy are secret characters again, Im fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,840 Posts
    Why did I think that Neversoft has been defunct for years?

Maybe because the last Tony Hawk game I played was Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2.

And that's the only Neversoft game I've ever played.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    7,742 Posts
    Y'know, you all whine and moan about it but watch it be the best Call of Duty yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny x 14Disagree x 4Agree x 4Optimistic x 2Dumb x 1 (list)