1. Post #1
    Sometimes i fall down :(
    July 2008
    3,192 Posts
    In an election-year policy change, the Obama administration announced Friday it will stop deporting young people who came to the United States as children of illegal immigrants if they meet certain requirements.
    WASHINGTON— Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano today announced that effective immediately, certain young people who were brought to the United States as young children, do not present a risk to national security or public safety, and meet several key criteria will be considered for relief from removal from the country or from entering into removal proceedings. Those who demonstrate that they meet the criteria will be eligible to receive deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and will be eligible to apply for work authorization.“Our nation’s immigration laws must be enforced in a firm and sensible manner,” said Secretary Napolitano. “But they are not designed to be blindly enforced without consideration given to the individual circumstances of each case. Nor are they designed to remove productive young people to countries where they may not have lived or even speak the language. Discretion, which is used in so many other areas, is especially justified here.”DHS continues to focus its enforcement resources on the removal of individuals who pose a national security or public safety risk, including immigrants convicted of crimes, violent criminals, felons, and repeat immigration law offenders. Today’s action further enhances the Department’s ability to focus on these priority removals.Under this directive, individuals who demonstrate that they meet the following criteria will be eligible for an exercise of discretion, specifically deferred action, on a case-by-case basis:1.) Came to the United States under the age of sixteen;2.) Have continuously resided in the United States for a least five years preceding the date of this memorandum and are present in the United States on the date of this memorandum;3.) Are currently in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a general education development certificate, or are honorably discharged veterans of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States;4.) Have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety;5.) Are not above the age of thirty.Only those individuals who can prove through verifiable documentation that they meet these criteria will be eligible for deferred action. Individuals will not be eligible if they are not currently in the United States and cannot prove that they have been physically present in the United States for a period of not less than 5 years immediately preceding today’s date. Deferred action requests are decided on a case-by-case basis. DHS cannot provide any assurance that all such requests will be granted. The use of prosecutorial discretion confers no substantive right, immigration status, or pathway to citizenship. Only the Congress, acting through its legislative authority, can confer these rights.While this guidance takes effect immediately, USCIS and ICE expect to begin implementation of the application processes within sixty days. In the meantime, individuals seeking more information on the new policy should visit USCIS’s website (at www.uscis.gov), ICE’s website (at www.ice.gov), or DHS’s website (at www.dhs.gov). Beginning Monday, individuals can also call USCIS’ hotline at 1-800-375-5283 or ICE’s hotline at 1-888-351-4024 during business hours with questions or to request more information on the forthcoming process.For individuals who are in removal proceedings and have already been identified as meeting the eligibility criteria and have been offered an exercise of discretion as part of ICE’s ongoing case-by-case review, ICE will immediately begin to offer them deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ges/?hpt=hp_t1

A great step towards fixing our broken immigration system.

I screwed up on the title oopps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 41Dumb Dumb x 30Informative Informative x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    May 2007
    1,218 Posts
    Obama was also supposed to stop the federal raids on medical marijuana facilities.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    Obama was also supposed to stop the federal raids on medical marijuana facilities.....
    he did
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 30Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    November 2010
    498 Posts
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    February 2008
    1,355 Posts
    This is the most un-american president ever. Damn illegals need to be sent back to mexico. When my people came here they got a green card! They didn't sneak in across the river and go around selling drugs and stealing and such!

This is a slap in the face to all the citizens of America.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 69Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,002 Posts
    everyone in this thread is so smart.

Good news though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2011
    645 Posts
    This is the most un-american president ever. Damn illegals need to be sent back to mexico. When my people came here they got a green card! They didn't sneak in across the river and go around selling drugs and stealing and such!

because its only mexicans who are illegal immigrants.

"my people"? did you part the waters and let them cross?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 48Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    February 2008
    1,355 Posts
    because its only mexicans who are illegal immigrants.

"my people"? did you part the waters and let them cross?
    This failed president has no shame. You and I both know he's just doing it to get the mexican votes.

I mean, we, as taxpayers are already paying for their food stamps, free education, and project housing, and they don't pay one damn red cent in taxes. Truth is, they're damn criminals and should be treated like such.

And let me tell you something, Liberal: There's always been a way for these young people to get legal status. It's called a god damn green card.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 63Funny Funny x 31Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Don't Worry, I'm a Marine
    October 2005
    2,979 Posts
    And let me tell you something, Liberal: There's always been a way for these young people to get legal status. It's called a god damn green card.
    Your choice of words and the manner that you are using them is not helping your position.

If people enter the country illegally they should be deported. On the flip side however they do need to find a better system of allowing people to come in legally. I also agree with this step since a lot of the kids don't really have a choice in the matter when they come to this country, some of which may be too young to even remember mexico.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 34Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,167 Posts
    This failed president has no shame. You and I both know he's just doing it to get the mexican votes.

I mean, we, as taxpayers are already paying for their food stamps, free education, and project housing, and they don't pay one damn red cent in taxes. Truth is, they're damn criminals and should be treated like such.

you are now my favourite satire poster
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 67Agree x 8Disagree x 1Dumb x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts

Do you work for Fox news?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 22Funny x 2Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,750 Posts

Oh grandpa
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 64Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    My dick's so long, if I laid it on my keyboard, it'd reach from A to Z.
    March 2012
    1,964 Posts
    Shocked Irkalla didn't spell it "LIEberal."

Edit: Do the words "Bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" mean nothing to you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Useful Useful x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts

You know what's a slap in the face to all citizens of America? Denying entry to people who are more or less refugees, depending on which nation they come from.

Edited:

Never mind, he's just a troll. Nobody acts that conservative.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2011
    2,596 Posts
    You know what's a slap in the face to all citizens of America? Denying entry to people who are more or less refugees, depending on which nation they come from.

Edited:

You'd be surprised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,307 Posts

Wow it's like one of the news articles on that FOX News parody in GTA IV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,698 Posts
    I live in Indiana, which may not be the most right wing state out there, but I see conservatives with their Obama-Joker pictures all over the damn place.

There are people that are in fact that stupid, you just have to know where to look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    My dick's so long, if I laid it on my keyboard, it'd reach from A to Z.
    March 2012
    1,964 Posts

I take it you've never been to Stormfront.

19. Post #19
    January 2012
    1,751 Posts

I think it's so amusing when hardcore conservatives cry about lost tax revenue from illegals, when the super wealthy don't want to pay them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Zing Zing x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts

The kids are more victims than anything most of the time, and it's not like there is no space for them in the US.
    Those kids are also more likely to not become a criminal if granted citizenship, because they can live and work like any other US citizen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,880 Posts

You're joking right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    I take it you've never been to Stormfront.
    Well, I can get that, but everybody on Facepunch is, well, hyper-liberal to the point of this place being the online representative for the Democratic Party. So, it stands to reason if someone's making blatantly conservative, and frankly inhumane comments it's probably just some dude trolling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Don't Worry, I'm a Marine
    October 2005
    2,979 Posts
    Well, I can get that, but everybody on Facepunch is, well, hyper-liberal to the point of this place being the online representative for the Democratic Party. So, it stands to reason if someone's making blatantly conservative, and frankly inhumane comments it's probably just some dude trolling.
    There's a difference between being blatantly conservative and being a dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,129 Posts
    This is one thing I disagree with Obama on. I agree with most of his social and economic standpoints, but when it comes to immigration I have 0 tolerance for illegal immigrants. If the child has a living guardian, deport them both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    This is one thing I disagree with Obama on. I agree with most of his social and economic standpoints, but when it comes to immigration I have 0 tolerance for illegal immigrants. If the child has a living guardian, deport them both.
    Why are they unworthy of coming to the US? Especially the children.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

26. Post #26
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,750 Posts
    Or you know reform the immigration system so it's not nearly impossible to immigrate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Must be election year, huh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    There's a difference between being blatantly conservative and being a dick.
    Then, in that case, this guy is leaning towards the dick category. I mean, comically stereotypical comments tend to ring the troll alarms fairly loudly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Whether he's a troll or a conservative, probably best to ignore him so it doesn't turn into a 10 page 1-sided flamewar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Fair enough. This is great news, regardless. If they came as children, they came against their will (technically), and if they grew up here, they're just as American as the next naturalized citizen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    April 2009
    502 Posts
    Why not just deport the illegal aliens continuously and their kids? They don't help the country out when it really needs it and takes the jobs from the people born there and who went through the proper immigration channels to get there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Yea, separating families is really a good way to fix our immigration system. If the child stays, the mother and father should stay as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,129 Posts
    Why are they unworthy of coming to the US? Especially the children.
    They should make some sort of compromise... but in my opinion I think if a guardian and a child are living illegally in the US they should deport both of them, ban the guardian from ever becoming a citizen again, and ban the child from becoming a citizen until the age of 21.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #34
    Why not just deport the illegal aliens continuously and their kids? They don't help the country out when it really needs it and takes the jobs from the people born there and who went through the proper immigration channels to get there.
    So, then give them citizenship? Deporting them seems harsh and unnecessary, and if it's up to the parents, they should be able to leave their children in the US so they can have better lives than their parents did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,051 Posts

People like you are everything that's wrong with the Southwest. Yeah, the Mexican drug runners are a problem. The immigrant farmers, legal or not, aren't. They provide a huge
    workforce in California that we actually need. You think California farms could compete with international food if they paid minimum wage to every worker? It sounds horrible, but it would drive up food prices to ludicrous levels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    So, then give them citizenship? Deporting them seems harsh and unnecessary, and if it's up to the parents, they should be able to leave their children in the US so they can have better lives than their parents did.
    A better life in orphanages or the foster system?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,983 Posts
    Your choice of words and the manner that you are using them is not helping your position.

If people enter the country illegally they should be deported. On the flip side however they do need to find a better system of allowing people to come in legally. I also agree with this step since a lot of the kids don't really have a choice in the matter when they come to this country, some of which may be too young to even remember mexico.
    There's a very very slight small tiny chance that he's possibly maybe perhaps not being serious.

hint: look up satire   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    December 2009
    1,866 Posts
    Way to go Obama (administration), you keep making America better, okay?

I really have the sudden notion to fucking punch you in your fucking face you fucking dimwitted cunt. People like you sicken me.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Dennab
    February 2008
    1,355 Posts
    Way to go Obama (administration), you keep making America better, okay?

I really have the sudden notion to fucking punch you in your fucking face you fucking dimwitted cunt. People like you sicken me.

Our traitor of a president Barack Hussein Obama and all the rest of you liberals out there make me sick to my damn stomach too.

But at least I have the decency to respect the fact that it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 26Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

40. Post #40
    Our traitor of a president Barack Hussein Obama and all the rest of you liberals out there make me sick to my damn stomach too.

But at least I have the decency to respect the fact that it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
    I hear a banjo playing behind you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)