1. Post #41
    GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
    September 2005
    1,408 Posts
    Well, that's interesting. Therefore: No matter if you eat meat or vegetables, you're surely killing something. Makes sense.

2. Post #42
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    I bet vegans will argue that it's fine since the vegetables don't have a central nervous system, at least the ones that don't eat meat for moral reasons.

Shit man at least animals can try and fight back when you kill them, plants just have to say bye to all their friends as you rip them from the ground :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 Europe Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    January 2012
    739 Posts
    This just in, tons of vegans form massive circlejerk in the middle of new york, smug emissions at all time high.

Wait this post is stupid, vegans still eat plants.

fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

4. Post #44
    THE TRUE SAN DIEGAN WARLORD
    Dennab
    June 2008
    2,932 Posts
    i want to be best bros with my tomato plant before it dies

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,051 Posts
    Vegetarians can't be so self-righteous now, can they?

HEAR THE LETTUICE SCREAM, YOU MURDERERS. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO SLAUGHTER THOUSANDS OF INNOCENT CARROTS???
    You say that as if vegetarians are the only people that have vegetables with whatever they're eating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #46
    April 2011
    1,470 Posts
    It's only a matter of time before they evolve.

I, for one, welcome our new plant overlords.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,586 Posts
    You say that as if vegetarians are the only people that have vegetables with whatever they're eating.
    Hes imitating annoying vegans who keep screaming meat is murder and shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,014 Posts
    So now every time I mow now, I will be thinking of plants and flowers screaming in pure terror before I rip them to shreds, thanks.
    It's interesting that you say that because the same researchers carried out another experiment similar to your statement. They placed a hypersensitive microphone on a custom built silent lawnmower, the sounds were astonishing:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    17,004 Posts
    I can't wait for Vegetarians to find out about this, realise the horror of what they're doing, and refuse to eat anything.

10. Post #50
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,536 Posts
    It's interesting that you say that because the same researchers carried out another experiment similar to your statement. They placed a hypersensitive microphone on a custom built silent lawnmower, the sounds were astonishing:

Legit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    19,196 Posts
    i'm a murderer
    It's not like humans have been eating meat gained through hunting for the last two hundred thousand years or so

Edited:

Also, I wonder if it actually makes a difference if you speak to plants

Maybe its connected somehow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Thread music
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,079 Posts
    Thread music
    This is probably the shittiest Tool song ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    This is probably the shittiest Tool song ever.
    Wasn't posting it because it is "good"

15. Post #55
    Click here for instant Gumby.
    November 2010
    4,459 Posts
    I am pretty sure this as also proved Confirmed or Plausible on Mythbusters aswell.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,079 Posts
    Wasn't posting it because it is "good"
    Alright nevermind.

Just dear god it's roughly 15 minutes of a noise circle jerk.

Edited:

I am pretty sure this as also proved Confirmed or Plausible on Mythbusters aswell.
    All they did was play different music to plants. Plants responded better to classical music opposed to newer rock music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    All they did was play different music to plants. Plants responded better to classical music opposed to newer rock music.
    I distinctly remember an episode where Tory was hitting a bunch of plants
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,342 Posts
    Read it as planets talk to each other.

Almost died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #59
    And boiling yogurt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,079 Posts
    And boiling yogurt
    I honestly don't know. I just remember the music one.

21. Post #61
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    Alright nevermind.

Just dear god it's roughly 15 minutes of a noise circle jerk.

Edited:

Actually they preffered the death metal and being screamed at as far as I remember.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 Europe Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,079 Posts
    Actually they preffered the death metal and being screamed at as far as I remember.
    I honestly don't remember.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,159 Posts
    This reminded me INSTANTLY of the Tales of the Unexpected episode where a scientist creates a machine that amplifies the sound of plants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,328 Posts
    They warn one another of approaching herbivores? Isn't that a little pointless?

"Oh my god! Guys! There's a fucking herbivore coming! What do we do?!"

"Uh, I guess we just sit here and get eaten."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #65
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    They warn one another of approaching herbivores? Isn't that a little pointless?

"Oh my god! Guys! There's a fucking herbivore coming! What do we do?!"

"Uh, I guess we just sit here and get eaten."
    They can release chemicals to try and drive away anything that tries to eat them, probably releasing the chemicals upon death to make the plant unappestising thus the herbivore moves on at most of the plants survive. One or two die so the rest can survive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 Europe Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Now the only things PETA members can eat are dirt and rocks.
    Didn't a woman feed solely on rocks already?

27. Post #67
    February 2010
    1,217 Posts
    I bet vegans will argue that it's fine since the vegetables don't have a central nervous system, at least the ones that don't eat meat for moral reasons.

Shit man at least animals can try and fight back when you kill them, plants just have to say bye to all their friends as you rip them from the ground :smith:
    Bam. Hit the nail on the head. This works in the same way as microbial molecules eliciting immune system response against invading pathogens mediated by signal transduction processes. There is no thought process, feeling or like any of them accusations made in this thread. It occurs when an extracellular signaling molecule activates a cell surface receptor. In then changes intracellular molecules creating a response.

28. Post #68
    May 2007
    752 Posts
    When are scientist going to stop doing this? Aren't you a scientist because you're interested in finding out the unknown..?
    "Damn scientific community. Dismissing my claims? I am the new Galileo, goddamnit! You'll see. Look at all this (unsufficient) evidence!!! They will learn. I will be proven right!!!"

There have been a lot of scientific prophets these last few centuries. We won't change our entire views on the world by anyone that comes along, saying such claims. No matter if they are proven right eventually.

Remember: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,906 Posts
    I wonder if this means that vegan-ism will stop, or if vegans will just starve.
    When plants photosynthesize, they make air. Air is a product of plants.

checkmate, vegans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,154 Posts
    Ok we have vegetarians, how to call peoples who not eat.. oh wait what they eat?

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    If people are so obsessed with not eating things that have the potential to do anything other than continued existence, we could just gather some carbon, oxygen and a few other atoms and make them some glucose and amino acids so we can stop hearing them bitch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,435 Posts
    Yep.

And I reply, "IT'S WEEDWHACKING TIME!!!"
    I myself prefer
    "YOUR ASS IS GRASS MOTHERFUCKER!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

34. Post #74
    January 2010
    3,949 Posts
    Looks like i just found my ticket out of doing the gardening from now on.

35. Post #75
    October 2007
    673 Posts
    Yeah the basic concept of eating is using the life energy of another living thing, and absorbing it.

There is no way to eat without killing or maiming living things.
    I am no longer going to say I am hungry and need to eat, instead it will be "I require life energy, must absorb more life energy!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

36. Post #76
    May 2007
    2,031 Posts
    What the fuck am I supposed to eat now? :\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,813 Posts
    Well, plants are alive after all, and life walks hand in hand with intelligence; intelligence being super-variable between different kinds of life, with the tiniest sparks and the largest sapiences, but nonetheless there's usually some kind of intelligence in a life form, even if it's merely to transmit messages of danger.

Still, it's not like plants have senses as advanced and sophisticated as animal, right? I mean, they probably don't even have culture outside of "watch out enemies everywhere".

Regardless, whatever we do, we have to consume in order to survive and grow; it's one of the many natures of life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,480 Posts
    Think of plants as computer software. They are automated machines that has no intelligence but are programmed to react to certain situation. The software detects a hardware error, it will sends out an error notice. Much like the plants
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 10Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    February 2010
    1,217 Posts
    Well, plants are alive after all, and life walks hand in hand with intelligence; intelligence being super-variable between different kinds of life, with the tiniest sparks and the largest sapiences, but nonetheless there's usually some kind of intelligence in a life form, even if it's merely to transmit messages of danger.

Still, it's not like plants have senses as advanced and sophisticated as animal, right? I mean, they probably don't even have culture outside of "watch out enemies everywhere".

Regardless, whatever we do, we have to consume in order to survive and grow; it's one of the many natures of life.
    Yeah and because of that, we want to do something that makes the world a more begnin thing. To make the collective of consciousnesses that exist on it less seceptible to suffering. It's obvious that you would first pay attention to the human population but theres so many other living things on this planet that have well developed capacities to feel and that's part of where this does get also complicated. We have such an arrogance about what intelligence has given us. Intelligence gives us complexity in our emotions but it does not make our emotions intense per say its not a proven fact our life experience is not necessarily any more conciously intense or real because we have it complicated. When you look at that complexity, we're not really using it in a very sophisticated manner. The emotional equations that make us capable of giving a damn are pretty messed up.
    The're pretty personal and pretty cultural, pretty dependent on conditioning and circumstances and they really don't have much intellectual integrity.

People have had this perspective they grown up in cultures that have accepted their blight on animal life and certainly accepted nature as just a fact of life and something they can't control. It's always been a philosophical easy way out. You can always change the equation or make the equation attractive by just pointing to nature. I mean nature is just as cruel and nasty as it can get so it's really easy to make excuses because there is someone behaving worse. And so for all our self praise for our highly developed intelligence, it becomes most apparent in these subjects where it is most necessary. Which is an irony.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    April 2007
    1,490 Posts
    I use to beat and backhand this small tree in my house when I was a child.

That poor thing was probably going OUCH STOP IT DAMMIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)