1. Post #41
    I want to know how to do this
    put your iPhone on your eye and make it an eyePhone

Edited:

please kill me for saying that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

2. Post #42

June 2012
    712 Posts
    Everyone should be free to commit suicide, regardless of medical condition.
    So a perfectly healthy person is just distressed. He wants to commit suicide so he should go and do it?
    So many people can be helped. It's not like depression isn't treatable.
    Do you know how many people have been suicidal but have been brought out of that and have went on to live full and productive lives?
    Now, medical conditions are a different story. If you are in agonizing pain with no hope of recovery, then maybe that is the best option...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    September 2010
    4,166 Posts
    So a perfectly healthy person is just distressed. He wants to commit suicide so he should go and do it?
    So many people can be helped. It's not like depression isn't treatable.
    Do you know how many people have been suicidal but have been brought out of that and have went on to live full and productive lives?
    Now, medical conditions are a different story. If you are in agonizing pain with no hope of recovery, then maybe that is the best option...
    It's their life
    It isn't affecting anyone else
    What is the problem here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    put your iPhone on your eye and make it an eyePhone

Edited:

please kill me for saying that
    You know how they say digital displays ruin your eyes

checkmate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #45

June 2012
    712 Posts
    It's their life
    It could ruin the lives of their loved ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    September 2010
    4,166 Posts
    So?
    That might sound blunt, but that shouldn't matter from a legal point of view.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    It's their life
    ok be sure to let your future children know that before you kill yourself and leave them broken
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    my manboobs are so large that they look like tits
    October 2011
    1,868 Posts
    Context, people.

Of course you shouldn't allow a person who is depressed to kill themselves knowing that it's something reversible, this, on the other hand, is not.

Euthanasia should only be allowed in cases like this where it's obviously needed, no person should be forced to live like this, if it's their wish to end their life, then so be it.

9. Post #49

June 2012
    712 Posts
    So?
    That might sound blunt, but that shouldn't matter from a legal point of view.
    Actually, the government's job is to protect the general welfare. That means protecting us from ourselves pretty much.
    One man kills himself, leaves his kid and wife devastated. They may spiral into depression, the children will grow up without a father figure and always the thought "My dad killed himself, was it my fault?" YOu may think this scenario doesn't happen but it is the most common.

Edited:

Context, people.

Of course you shouldn't allow a person who is depressed to kill themselves knowing that it's something reversible, this, on the other hand, is not.

Euthanasia should only be allowed in cases like this where it's obviously needed, no person should be forced to live like this, if it's their wish to end their life, then so be it.
    I put my stuff in context if you didn't read. I differentiated between this man's medical condition and a selfish yet perfectly healthy person who thinks that a divorce is a reason to end his life and leaving his family and friends destroyed and left to pick up the pieces he left behind.

10. Post #50
    my manboobs are so large that they look like tits
    October 2011
    1,868 Posts
    I put my stuff in context if you didn't read. I differentiated between this man's medical condition and a selfish yet perfectly healthy person who thinks that a divorce is a reason to end his life and leaving his family and friends destroyed and left to pick up the pieces he left behind.
    I wasn't referring specifically to your post, and yeah, I mostly agree with your opinion, I'm just saying that if euthanasia is ever legalized context is to be taken into account, only people with extreme medical conditions such as this man's should be allowed to end their lives.

11. Post #51
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    Yes, im sure their loved ones enjoy the sight of him completely broken and unable to do anything for himself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    4,900 Posts
    #Tony 2012
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

13. Post #53
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    Yes, im sure their loved ones enjoy the sight of him completely broken and unable to do anything for himself.
    I don't think he's talking about the guy in the OP

he's replying to a hypothetical
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #54
    June 2010
    4,367 Posts

This seems to be a pic of his wife and him 7 years ago or more. Man, I can't imagine what a hell it must be to not move or do pretty much anything. Props for him.
    Reminds me of George Clooney.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    October 2009
    1,288 Posts
    I wish he was born in the far future where we can transplant brains into highly advanced near-human android bodies.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,156 Posts
    I wish he was born in the far future where we can transplant brains into highly advanced near-human android bodies.
    I don't think you'd have to go too far

17. Post #57
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,756 Posts
    TonyNicklinson posted:
    A while ago Tyson, our dog, farted. The smell was awful and I immediately barred him from my room. What sort of person has a dog?#tony
    wilfulblindness posted:
    @tonynicklinson Are you sure Tyson isn't silently blaming you? :)
    TonyNicklinson posted:
    @wilfulblindness Blaming me for what? Smelling nice?#tony
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

18. Post #58
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,543 Posts
    Everyone should be free to commit suicide, regardless of medical condition.
    I think everybody has to right to kill themselves, IF they have a good reason like this chap. He is literally "locked in". He has nothing else to do but now use his eyes to send a tweet and probably browse the web, he isn't enjoying his life and there is no cure for his situation therefore I think he has the right to end his life.

Teenagers and people who are depressed should seek professional help, not go "welp time to end my life". People with syndromes like this, who cannot do shit all and are not enjoying life should be able to end their life if they wish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    January 2009
    1,528 Posts
    I always figured I'd try and wait it out if I got into a position similar to his.

If I'm already on the road to death, why not wait it out and see what happens? Maybe one day science'll find me some kind of miraculous way out.

And if not? Oh well.

20. Post #60
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,543 Posts
    @TonyNicklinson
    People want to know if I will change my mind because of Twitter. Let's hear the judgement first and maybe I'll tell you.#tony

He maybe rethinking his decision because now he can communicate to his fans over twitter