1. Post #1

October 2011
    277 Posts
    Hello generic Facepunch people.

Is there a wire fading door? I have not been able to find one.

And if there is not, Could somebody make one? I don't know lua myself, but I can help with debugging etc.

2. Post #2
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,434 Posts
    I know there's one about somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. In the meantime, you could try using a Wire Numpad Output to activate the door.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2011
    157 Posts
    You can use lexical's fading door with wire also. Just don't select a key and wire it.

4. Post #4
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    22,888 Posts
    Create a fading door that is not toggled.

Create a Wiremod Numpad Output under category [Wire - I/O] and make sure the numpad is set to the one with the fading door you want.

Wire the Wiremod Numpad Output to a button or anything that has an output that is toggled.

You now have a wire fading door.

You can also have my owner only e2 that acts as a button that only you can use it.

Code:
    @name Owner Only Button
    @inputs 
    @outputs A
    @persist B
    @trigger 
    @model models/dav0r/buttons/switch.mdl
    interval(10)
    if (owner():keyUse() && owner():aimEntity() == entity()) {A = 1, timer("delay",250)}

if (clk("delay")) {B=1}

if (A==1 && B==1 && owner():keyUse() && owner():aimEntity() == entity()) {A = 0, timer("delay2",250)}

if (clk("delay2")) {B=0}

5. Post #5

October 2011
    277 Posts
    Oh, yeah, sorry for any confusion -

I am perfectly capable of using them with the wire numpads, problem is that if, say, I spawn a few of the same vehicle then shit goes a bit wack when one person activates everything etc etc.

Lexical's fading door... time to find.

6. Post #6
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    910 Posts
    Oh, yeah, sorry for any confusion -

I am perfectly capable of using them with the wire numpads, problem is that if, say, I spawn a few of the same vehicle then shit goes a bit wack when one person activates everything etc etc.

Lexical's fading door... time to find.
    Here, i uploaded it for you:

https://purifiedrp.com/dl/fadingdoors.rar

Plonk it in your addons folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)