1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    559 Posts
    Death does not bother me that much. If it happens it happens. But I would want to die with people not weeping and mourning my death. I want my loved ones to be happy if I made them happy. Not sad about the fact that I died and mourn for months, maybe years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,216 Posts
    i can't even fathom true death and that makes me existentially terrified
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,284 Posts
    The idea of not existing or being able to think anymore scares the shit out of me.
    Makes me really wish there is something after death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,449 Posts
    I still have a lot to achieve in my life. I have a career to start. A Woman to marry...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    September 2007
    4 Posts
    Does it bother me? Well, not really. We're all destined to die. I'm only worried about not living out my life to its full potential, that's all.

6. Post #126
    July 2012
    120 Posts
    Death only bothers the man who fears it, in my opinion. I have accepted death as a, as of yet, inevitable part of life. Don't worry, you are not alone.

7. Post #127
    OZZY INTENSIFIES
    August 2009
    9,055 Posts
    Sure does.

After going so far, everything I will have ever worked for, experienced, or learned will be for naught. You could say my legacy will help my family and others pursue their futures, but on a more personal scale, my life will have been pointless once I pass away.

I fear death. As said before, not existing and having no conscious thought is truly frightening after you've been blessed with all that is life. The unknown and inevitability of non-existence worries me.

Although I worry more for my father right now. I've got 3/4 of my metaphorical life pizza left. And if life is anything like pizza, shit's gonna go fast. He's on his last 2 slices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,467 Posts
    Does death bother me? Nope.

I am always that guy at funerals and alike that doesnt cry. It just see it as an (unfortunate) event that occured.

I see dead people before their in their casket too. In their houses, on the road, at their worst.

9. Post #129
    October 2010
    3,292 Posts
    ITT: Hardasses. Death bothers me the most when others fall victim to it.

10. Post #130
    White Male seeking K-Pop Harem
    January 2012
    2,992 Posts
    I don't.

Every time I go out or I contemplate doing something that might bring risk to my health, I tell myself I could die and just accept it. It is inevitable.

I feel at peace actually.

The only worry I have is the sadness my death would cause to the family and the things I could not experience but death itself? No, it does not scare me.

11. Post #131
    January 2010
    2,265 Posts
    Well you know, I'd like to live long and such but I am not willing to live long enough to not be able to wipe my own shit, even in death or dying I don't want to be embarrassed.

12. Post #132
    April 2010
    3,908 Posts
    Death doesn't bother me because either

A) There's an afterlife and I'll just exist in another form

or B) I don't exist. Sugary chemicals pour into my brain giving me a sweet dream that only lasts a few seconds, but feels like forever. Then fade to black, lights off, plug pulled out of the socket. I can't be depressed about anything if I don't exist.

13. Post #133
    October 2011
    47 Posts
    I can't really imagine death, because you're going to have an afterlife. It's in a way, like a dream. You might be in Italy in a dream, wake up and in an instant, find that you're in your house.

So, my answer to the question: nope.avi

14. Post #134
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    As long as I die well before my little sister I'm fine with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    January 2012
    406 Posts
    Honestly Im more ready to die now than Ill ever be. No one depends on me for anything right now, better to die without a family that depends on you

16. Post #136
    Dennab
    April 2012
    470 Posts
    Everyone gets a dose of death at the end of their life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    January 2012
    8 Posts
    The thought of a quick death doesn't bother me. But I don't want to have a slow and painful death.

18. Post #138
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    You know, you were dead for 13.7 billion years before you were born, and it wasn't scary or frightening was it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    Willing to off arm for a robot arm
    September 2011
    1,262 Posts
    For me its missing out on the future I mean all you saw was 70-90 years of human development I want to see all of it, I want to see us colonize Mars and find out if life is on other planets. People die with to much unanswered questions.

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    1,912 Posts
    It's easy to say that "you're not scared of death". In reality I think that almost all people are desperate to be alive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #141

January 2012
    266 Posts
    I'm not really scared of death since I won't really be able to form an opinion about it once I die. I am scared of the possible pain that happens in the process of dying, though. So I'm cool with dying on a deathbed of old age, but dying slowly in a car crash or something is something I'd like to avoid.

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,059 Posts
    You know, you were dead for 13.7 billion years before you were born, and it wasn't scary or frightening was it?
    Well I don't know, maybe being alive is a way of escaping whatever is in non existence.

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,458 Posts
    Not scared but I'm curious to know what happen afterwards. Not saying I wanna die but if I do die than its more or less bittersweet, I leave everyone behind but I get to see what really happens afterwards, whether nothing happens or some other shit, we can't really know

24. Post #144

July 2012
    8 Posts
    It bothers me when it's somebody really close, but if it's a pet or something it doesn't matter.

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,444 Posts
    Death itself doesn't scare me. I've thought about it a lot and as long as I die doing something I enjoy I'm fine with it.

The worst part of death to me is leaving everyone else to clean up my mess, seeing as I will most likely die crushed in a car.

A crushed steel and carbon fiber coffin is the best thing I could ask for.

26. Post #146
    I want Harry inside me <3
    Dennab
    December 2010
    767 Posts
    I do not fear death as much as getting old. Not that I have anything against old people being old, I just can't stand the thought of being it myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,349 Posts
    The only thing that bothers me about death is the sadness caused to the people you leave behind. I firmly believe that when you die, that's it. Nothing. In a way it's almost comforting, but maybe that's just me.

28. Post #148
    April 2012
    270 Posts
    Not at all. I'm worried more about not spending enough time with the person before they go rather than the actual death, nor do I care about my own. The time before my death; especially if it's painful will be when I decide to panic. Fuck it now, though.

29. Post #149
    September 2010
    3,194 Posts
    The only thing what terrifies me in death is the fact that I can die by ridiculous or wasteful death, i.e.: dying by breaking your neck off the staircase or getting run over by a car, random disease, that kind of stuff.

If I am to live peacefully and die out of old age, that I'm not afraid.

30. Post #150
    December 2011
    2,240 Posts
    I used to be terrified of it, but after I realized how long 80 (or so) years is, I've been fine with it. Dying isn't the part I hated, it was the fact that I wouldn't even be conscious ever again.

31. Post #151
    July 2010
    4,320 Posts
    I used to be terrified of it, but after I realized how long 80 (or so) years is, I've been fine with it. Dying isn't the part I hated, it was the fact that I wouldn't even be conscious ever again.
    On the bright side, you won't notice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    October 2011
    431 Posts
    I'm young so yes, it "dose" bother me.

33. Post #153
    dicks, my man
    August 2010
    5,571 Posts
    It doesn't really bother me, it is a normal part of life after all. I want to live a life where I've done many things, so at least I can die proud of what I did for friends, and for society.

34. Post #154
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    They say, this city, she's been dead for years now, so death is not something that scares me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    I'm kind of indifferent to it, but I really hope that we can invent a method of indefinite life and no death from natural causes (obviously if you're hit by a truck you're still going to die), or at least drastic life elongating before I die.

Edited:

Because I, personally, want to ride out live to the fullest and contribute as much to humanity as possible. Too bad greed is fucking us over.

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    16,865 Posts
    I realized that I shouldnt be afraid of death. Everyone was born but doesnt remember anything before being born. I feel like thats how death is, but in reverse?

37. Post #157
    September 2010
    1,453 Posts
    I realized that I shouldnt be afraid of death. Everyone was born but doesnt remember anything before being born. I feel like thats how death is, but in reverse?
    To be fair no one remembers being 1 or 2 either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    October 2011
    294 Posts
    The death of others' does not bother me and the thought of my own death doesn't either.

If anything I think non-existance wouldn't be bad at all. I'm not going to get all CRAAAWLING IIIN MY SKIIIN here but death seems nice. No worries. No hopes. No thoughts or actions. Just nothingness.

To elaborate on the first part I'm not sure why but I've had friends and family members die, a lot, in fact, and it never once bugged me. Going to funerals is a drag though, and I skip them when possible. I don't miss them.

I don't see any particular meaning to life. Perhaps that is why. I am not a nihilist, however.

39. Post #159
    April 2010
    45 Posts
    I know it might sound weird... But you know with the average human age at death.
    And i've crunched the numbers. Born in 1991 + more or less 75 years. Around 2066. GENIUS.

No seriously, i hope i won't fuck the next 50 years up. Otherwise, there was nothing before my life, there will be nothing after...

40. Post #160
    March 2010
    736 Posts
    Nope.