1. Post #1

December 2011
    752 Posts
    Hello people of facepunch I have made a song in the electric genre that I hope you guys might enjoy

2. Post #2

December 2011
    752 Posts
    I did some more changes so here is newest incarnation, I think it is getting better?

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,278 Posts
    I actually really like this.
    Some parts seem like there is a little too much going off, but it's got a certain 'funk' to it that I really like.

4. Post #4

December 2011
    752 Posts
    I actually really like this.
    Some parts seem like there is a little too much going off, but it's got a certain 'funk' to it that I really like.
    It makes me glad you like it! It definietly has alot of synths and melodies playing, I think I have around 10 synths in song and each and every of them play a different melody but hopefully it all doesn't clash too much, it was really hard making the song itself, but in the end I am really pleased with how it came out all things considered

5. Post #5

December 2011
    391 Posts
    Nice! What synths did you use?

6. Post #6
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,778 Posts
    I like the main riff.

For some reason it makes me think of music that would play if someone managed to somehow merge Mario and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Like, I don't know how it would work, but this makes me think of a dystopic Mario game - the bouncy synths remind me of Mario, whereas the powerful and oppressive percussion makes me think of a bleak and apocalyptic or dystopic world.

I like it, though. I can't really offer much in the way of criticisms, though. It sounds pretty solid to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7

December 2011
    752 Posts
    Nice! What synths did you use?
    I used synths made with Pentagon I, a synth VST. Most of the synths are original, or as original as taking synth presets and then fiddling with them for hours to get the sound I wanted from them. So in short it is synths from the vst, but with heavy editing from my end.

Edited:

I like the main riff.

For some reason it makes me think of music that would play if someone managed to somehow merge Mario and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Like, I don't know how it would work, but this makes me think of a dystopic Mario game - the bouncy synths remind me of Mario, whereas the powerful and oppressive percussion makes me think of a bleak and apocalyptic or dystopic world.

I like it, though. I can't really offer much in the way of criticisms, though. It sounds pretty solid to me.
    I'm really glad you enjoy it, particulary the main riff, it is definietly one of the things I'm most proud of! I can definietly see what you mean with the mashup, at first I was going for a happy and funsounding song with all the synths, and the rest is purely by accident but yeah you're right that the bouncy synths are happy, and the rest are powerful and strong to counter the joyfullness.

It really makes my day reading this, thank you my good sir

8. Post #8
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,260 Posts
    i cant recommend a lot for this kind of music since im not an expert, but all i can say is just keep practicing. getting synths right is alot of hard work and when you get there eventually it is a beautiful feeling, so just keep trying and you'll get that sound you're looking for.

i'd work on pushing in some lower frequencies, work on some more striking basses and generally just experiment loads.