1. Post #1

June 2010
    30 Posts
    Check it out here. Thanks a ton guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW9d6...ature=youtu.be

2. Post #2

December 2011
    2 Posts
    Very nice I applaud you on your work. your a gentleman and a scholar. *clap* ... *clap*
    Btw can't wait for the precision alignment tut really need to see a good one

3. Post #3

June 2010
    30 Posts
    Very nice I applaud you on your work. your a gentleman and a scholar. *clap* ... *clap*
    Btw can't wait for the precision alignment tut really need to see a good one
    Thank you so much.

4. Post #4
    Bold Member
    Dennab
    October 2006
    3,815 Posts
    Good job. Simple enough to be tweaked a little and improved for full size offroading. If I make anything with this I'll post it in this thread.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    3,245 Posts
    All goes smoothly until the hydraulic steering control, as soon as I put a hydro on there it just stops moving. No hydraulic I can move it fine, but otherwise it's just stuck.

Thought i'd try it without the steering anyway, back end seems to dip down for some reason, but other than that, alright tutorial, thanks :)

6. Post #6

June 2010
    30 Posts
    Thanks guys. Just keep in mind I will be doing more advanced tutorials for this. Going into this I assumed the person watching would have 0 skills with something like this. I will be doing precision alignment, independent suspension, some expression 2, and other random things in the future. This was more of a test to see how well it would be received, how you guys would like me as a teacher and so on. Thanks for all of the positive responses. As for Leestons, I have no clue why your steering is doing that, I have never had that problem lol. Sorry I couldn't help.

7. Post #7
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    you forgot to mention to preload the axles so when the chassis is dropped, the vehicle sits at normal ride height. your axles are sitting on top of the frame

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,037 Posts
    The biggest criticism I have here is the filler at the start of the episode. I think the tut would be better if you cut straight into the actual building.

Also, I'm not entirely sure why the elastics are attached to those props way above the chassis. I always run mine to the same plate the axles are roped to, both for stability's sake and for prop economy. My elastics tend to spazz if I attach them to anything but what the axles are attached to for some reason.

Still, pretty good, definitely interested in more.
    you forgot to mention to preload the axles so when the chassis is dropped, the vehicle sits at normal ride height. your axles are sitting on top of the frame
    Depending on the vehicle being built that may be a good thing.

9. Post #9

June 2010
    30 Posts
    I normally don't attach the elastics to props at all, only to the axles. I will cover that in the precision alignment tutorial. Thanks for the feedback man.