1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    126 Posts
    It is that time of year again. I have recycled the thread from last year, so there is no question about the history.

My family owns Granny C's Bakery in Huber Heights, Ohio. A local website is doing a competition for Dayton's Best Bakery. I would appreciate anyone who would please vote for us. Unlike the bakeries in these super markets that put out factory made prepacked items or factory made frozen things that they warm up and put out, we make it from scratch. We are a full service bakery that makes everything from breads, buns, cakes, and doughnuts to all kinds of sweat treats like fudge, pies, cheese cakes, and cannolis. We even do specialty items upon request like gluten free cakes. Please come vote for us and if you are in the area, stop in and pick something up, you will not be disappointed.
    http://daytondailynews.upickem.net/e...ontestid=78667

Now to be fair, there is another Facepunch member that has a bakery in the competition. Please vote for one of us. Thanks.

To check out more about the great things going on at Granny C's, check out our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...y/239859447819
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 91Dumb x 12Friendly x 11Optimistic x 2Late x 2Informative x 2Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    I won't vote just for the fact that you joined just for the votes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 99Agree Agree x 30Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,510 Posts
    That cake looks tasty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 23 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2012
    1,083 Posts
    Is promoting or advertising allowed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    1,965 Posts
    Didn't something like this end badly last time because they found out facepunch was voting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    Didn't something like this end badly last time because they found out facepunch was voting?
    Who cares. If they're as good as they claim to be, they shouldn't have a hard time gathering votes without us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,348 Posts
    I'll vote. I love cake too much not to abide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    9,751 Posts
    Pretty sure that was a real facepuncher though, and he won without any problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

9. Post #9
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,763 Posts
    tina the baker...very informative name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,304 Posts
    Even if you did only join for our votes, you made us a cake and everything. I'll vote for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 42Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    December 2008
    109 Posts
    I live in Huber Heights too oddly enough and I think I've had a cake from your bakery. You guys did a good job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 21Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    December 2009
    511 Posts
    I love family owned businesses
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,164 Posts
    Hey tina, long time no see.
    I'm making cup cakes, I made a cake too a long time ago.
    I don't wait a year to post stuff to face punch. Hell, I love the community because they support each other. What about you? Have you supported this community?
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...1#post36390381
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,304 Posts
    Hey tina, long time no see.
    I'm making cup cakes, I made a cake too a long time ago.
    I don't wait a year to post stuff to face punch. Hell, I love the community because they support each other. What about you? Have you supported this community?
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1100820
    Who do I vote for :(

15. Post #15
    Walls black like black waters, when they are heavy and seem to belong to other seas
    January 2011
    6,614 Posts
    Ah, Granny C, my favorite facepuncher!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

16. Post #16
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,710 Posts
    Facepunch cake at least deserves a vote.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    126 Posts
    Is promoting or advertising allowed?
    They do not say it is prohibited. The only requirement they list is that there is only one vote per IP.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,164 Posts
    Who do I vote for :(
    Tell me how I can convince you that my bakery is a better candidate.

Hand rolled, authentic croissants.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boosal...54028874653647

I run on this platform:
    All baked goods are from scratch. Nothing touches a mixer. We go out of our way to get real organic ingredients.
    What doesn't sell, goes to the House of Bread. http://www.houseofbread.org/

I'll make a thread later, when the cup cakes cool down and the icing is finished being made.

Good luck Tina, may the best bakery win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 16Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

19. Post #19
    New episode of Bakery Wars Premiering Tommorow at 8pm on the Facepunch Channel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny x 76Agree x 3Useful x 1Dumb x 1Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,045 Posts
    New episode of Bakery Wars Premiering Tommorow at 8pm on the Facepunch Channel.
    Right after Cold Wars:Ice Cream Trucking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 31Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    126 Posts
    That is AWESOME!!! We donate to the VFW and several local churches. It is ridiculous the way some of these area business try to pass off day old stuff as fresh product.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,837 Posts
    blacksam is a gold member and everything, and he's been here for years.

Why are we just randomly voting for someone who joined in 2011 and has 5 posts?
    Don't get me wrong, the cake is lovely, but this is someone that's been a far more active part of the community.

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1100820
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    How about you don't turn merit contest into popularity contests?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

24. Post #24
    Piss in my face I'll piss in your mouth
    April 2011
    496 Posts
    I want a piece of cake that says Valve on it please.

25. Post #25
    July 2010
    571 Posts
    Wait a second, are you only advertising here because you know that Boosalis did the same thing last year? If not, then I guess we can look forward to a bakeoff to see who deserves the vote.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,934 Posts
    Great Cake! :)

Voted for you. Looks like your in the lead x3

27. Post #27
    It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen

May 2011
    341 Posts
    I'm sorry, I love the cake, I think it's great, but I'd much rather vote for blacksam since he's been here much longer than you have, he didn't join just for votes, and I know who he is. Good luck to the both of you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    April 2011
    781 Posts
    Tell me how I can convince you that my bakery is a better candidate.
    Hand rolled, authentic croissants.
    [stuff]
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boosal...54028874653647

I run on this platform:
    All baked goods are from scratch. Nothing touches a mixer. We go out of our way to get real organic ingredients.

I'll make a thread later, when the cup cakes cool down and the icing is finished being made.

Good luck Tina, may the best bakery win.
    oh god guys we've got a serious badass over here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

29. Post #29
    July 2010
    1,707 Posts
    Pfft, I'll give my vote only to the one with the best BREADCRAB.

Good luck, poopoo-caca-peepee-faces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 34Funny Funny x 5 (list)

30. Post #30
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    23,602 Posts
    I voted for the community member, not the advertising gimmick OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,503 Posts
    Voted Boosalis because he's been here a long time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    May 2007
    461 Posts
    Go Boosalis!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,192 Posts
    Yea, I'll vote for blacksam because he didn't just join for the sake of promoting the family bakery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    DVH

May 2010
    879 Posts
    Voted Boosalis. Seniority always wins in here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,095 Posts
    Hey, I live in Dayton

On a really bored day I should visit both bakeries and give my review!

Though Granny C's is located in north dayton and I live in south
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,164 Posts
    Hey, I live in Dayton

On a really bored day I should visit both bakeries and give my review!

Though Granny C's is located in north dayton and I live in south
    Centerville Farmer's Market is thursday, come and stop by, that's when we draw a crowd.
    In all honesty, if you really want to get a feel for my place, come and stop by the actual bakery.

PM me if you want more details.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    don't vote for the one that joined facepunch just to advertise themselves, vote for the one that's been an active facepunch member for 5 years

boosalis 2012
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,095 Posts
    Centerville Farmer's Market is thursday, come and stop by, that's when we draw a crowd.
    In all honesty, if you really want to get a feel for my place, come and stop by the actual bakery.

PM me if you want more details.
    Where is the centerville farmers market? I wasn't even aware they had one in Centerville.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,164 Posts
    Where is the centerville farmers market? I wasn't even aware they had one in Centerville.
    It's really sweet. We sample a ton of stuff at the market. Check it out. It's in a parking lot. It's by wings and rings.
    Here's an address if you'd like:
    894 S Main St # C Centerville, OH 45458
    We sell out really fast too. So come at 2 or 3. Both of those times are rushed by people.

40. Post #40
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,086 Posts
    I voted for the one in last place to make them feel better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 28Funny Funny x 1 (list)