1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,715 Posts

Written in the key of Db Major (F Phrygian Mode), recorded using a Korg PS60, but unfortunately with a standard microphone and Audacity, until I get a lead to line into the PC.
    I plan to add a lot more to this, it's just a really rough draft that I literally just threw together and recorded quickly so I wouldn't forget it. I hope it's liked anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,715 Posts
    Would anybody care to give some comments?

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,214 Posts
    Pretty cool. Spice up the bass a little though, through in some 5ths in it occasionally or some inverted arpeggios (skip the 3rd, add it in at the top), that kind of thing.

When you get your line in, disable the reverb on your keyboard and use a reverb plugin, it'll sound much nicer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,715 Posts
    Pretty cool. Spice up the bass a little though, through in some 5ths in it occasionally or some inverted arpeggios (skip the 3rd, add it in at the top), that kind of thing.

When you get your line in, disable the reverb on your keyboard and use a reverb plugin, it'll sound much nicer
    Great, thanks! I'll definitely take note of these.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    875 Posts
    It sounds pretty neat. Just a few thoughts. First, it's more pop-like and there's not too much variation in the rhythms and harmonies. It also stays in the same register and dynamic for the entire piece. I'm not saying that these things are bad, but it might be worth it to explore different avenues of the composition.

I really can't say what I think would add to the piece unless I know what you're going for, and even then my vision is different than yours. Just go with what sounds best to you, but don't shy away from trying out new and interesting things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    May 2012
    17 Posts
    I really like it, you should post more original compositions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    16,715 Posts
    Any more on this?

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    875 Posts
    Any more on this?
    I really like the once-in-a-while short duration chords with a definite breath before it continues. It makes it move more than it would if it were constantly 'going' and adds a bit of surprise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    October 2008
    358 Posts
    I fucking love this.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    Very well done, though the left hand bass could use a bit more variation and the general rhythm of the song is quite plain. Still it's really good, keep on with the creative work!