1. Post #1
    Dennab
    May 2007
    1,218 Posts
    t’s just another episode in a long, long string of episodes where some Michigan Republican men can’t get into any sort of back and forth with a woman without whipping out the sexist derogatory slurs. This time, it’s state House Representative Frank Foster.While visiting the neighborhood of a Michigan Nurses Association staffer, he called her a “cunt”.
    From the MNA press release:

On Tuesday evening, Foster was visiting a home on Lansing’s south side when he walked up to the fence and asked Michigan Nurses Association staffer Julia Smith-Heck to stop mowing her lawn. They had a conversation about the “Protect Our Jobs” campaign to permanently enshrine collective bargaining rights in the Michigan Constitution, which the Michigan Nurses Association actively supports. Foster became hostile and walked away.He returned shortly afterward, demanding again that she stop mowing, saying it was bothering his autistic son. [Foster does not have children, according to his official bio information.] Smith-Heck declined, needing to finish mowing, but ended a short while later and went across the street to talk to her neighbor.
    Foster, a woman and a boy of about 3 or 4 came out and walked up to Smith-Heck and her neighbor. Foster said, “I want to introduce you to my son, Chase. I want to introduce you to the person whose night you ruined.”
    He then walked away, asking Smith-Heck, “Are you going to apologize?” She responded, “For mowing my lawn?” Foster said, “So you’re not going to apologize”? She repeated, “For mowing my lawn?” Foster yelled across the street, “You’re a cunt!”

The MNA is demanding an apology and asking House Speaker Jase Bolger to investigate whether action should be taken against Rep. Foster for this completely unprofessional and sexist behavior. Deb Nault, Assistant Executive Director of Nursing Practice for MNA and longtime nurse said, “Frank Foster should apologize, have his mouth washed out with soap and learn to show some respect for women. I am beyond appalled that anyone, let alone a State Representative, would think it’s OK to use demeaning language like that.”
    Smith-Heck put it this way:
    I guess Frank Foster thought he could get away with screaming a derogatory term at a woman because the cameras weren’t on him. I hope his supporters and constituents are paying attention to his true character. Disagreements happen, but real adults handle it respectfully, not by using sexist, offensive insults in front of children. I expect better from our elected officials, and I look forward to receiving an apology from both Representative Foster and Speaker Bolger.
    I have a neighbor who mows his lawn constantly and it always seems to be right when we’re out enjoying the evening or trying to nap or entertain. But it never occurs to me to go out and call him derogatory names in the middle of the street in front of neighbors. In fact, it never occurs to me to confront him at all. People need to mow their lawns and it’s just a tiny price to pay for living in society: sometimes you will be mildly inconvenienced.
    But Foster clearly doesn’t have that governor on his throttle. He’s clearly comfortable not only with confrontation to get his way but also with using the most sexist, derogatory put-downs he can think of.
    Can someone please tell me how people with such poor judgement and self-restraint get elected to our state legislature? Because I. Do. Not. Get. It.
    Fuck my state seriously. Look at this conservative facebook page too for my state, filled with the biggest idiots I've ever seen, look at this (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michig...15226298495220) here's a quote from one of their statuses "Liberals tell rapists, women don't have the right to be armed against their attacks. A liberal is the best friend of a rapist. Yet it's the conservatives who have a 'war on women'?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 72Winner x 2Zing x 1Agree x 1Dumb x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,624 Posts
    Sounds like someone needs to be fired asap. What an asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 21Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

3. Post #3
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    can't wait for the counter-argument about how women can call men dickheads and assholes

gonna be fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 50Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    May 2007
    1,218 Posts
    Sounds like someone needs to be fired asap. What an asshole.
    The whole fucking Michigan political system is corrupt and honestly I'm not surprised that there's 3,000 people getting ready to protest in my states capitol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts
    I don't like it when someone calls a girl a cunt. It's just improper.

At least tell her she is a bitch, or something. That'd get you in less trouble.

But eh, female equality is a son of a bitch that seems poking it's head out an awful lot lately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 41 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,054 Posts
    I fail to see how the insult 'cunt' is misogynistic, especially when it's used both ways all the fucking time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 62Dumb Dumb x 15Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,925 Posts
    can't wait for the counter-argument that women can call men dickheads and assholes

gonna be fun

quit trying to start shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 43Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,220 Posts
    can't wait for the counter-argument that women can call men dickheads and assholes

gonna be fun
    The fuck are you talking about? This kind of shit in American politics has been getting more common on the Republican side for the last year or so, we've pretty much all agreed that it's ridiculous.

9. Post #9
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,073 Posts
    I fail to see how the insult 'cunt' is misogynistic, especially when it's used both ways all the fucking time.
    i've never heard dudes call each other a cunt in any other form than a joke

it's an insult towards women. it is by nature misogynistic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29Disagree Disagree x 23Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    December 2009
    4,586 Posts

"but it's not like it's a term for the female anatomy or anything like that!!!"

Frank Foster: Professional Asswipe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,002 Posts

gonna be fun
    The problem isn't that a derogatory insult was made and people are getting upset for no reason, but rather a politician who represents constituents in a state that has had problems between male and female politicians insulted a woman using said derogatory insult.

12. Post #12
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,073 Posts
    "but it's not like it's a term for the female anatomy or anything like that!!!"

Frank Foster: Professional Asswipe
    oh yeah not to mention it's a derogatory term for vagina

kinda like how dick is an insult towards men and it's also a derogatory term for penis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    6,212 Posts
    This is sad. A Democrat who used the words Vagina during an abortion debate gets a gag order, but if a Republican calls a woman a cunt walks off without any punishment.

Corruption at its finest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 44Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    oh yeah not to mention it's a derogatory term for vagina

kinda like how dick is an insult towards men and it's also a derogatory term for penis
    aw poor men
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 62Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    May 2007
    1,218 Posts
    This is sad. A Democrat who used the words Vagina during an abortion debate gets a gag order, but if a Republican calls a woman a cunt walks off without any punishment.

I'm actually going to make the 2 1/2 hour trip to protest. This will be my first protest but damn it this shit needs to stop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,624 Posts

Republicans at their finest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,895 Posts
    aw poor men
    You cannot yell at Misandry/Misogny and then turn a blind eye to Misogny/Misandry, to be proper you must bash two of them at once instead of turning around and saying "LOL MEN." Otherwise you're not fixing anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    You cannot yell at Misandry/Misogny and then turn a blind eye to Misogny/Misandry, to be proper you must bash two of them at once instead of turning around and saying "LOL MEN." Otherwise you're not fixing anything.
    misandry needs to exist in order to be fixed

it doesn't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 56Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    FINALLY congress is getting some balls again.

Lets go back to the days where congressman would have cold wars with eachother, insulting eachother in hilarious ways.

Even getting into fist fights on the congress floor with everybody else placing bets on the winner.

I mean its horrible but its also funny as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

20. Post #20
    Glod Menber
    Dennab
    January 2011
    3,249 Posts
    what a cunt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    The fuck is everyone worked up about? He called some woman a cunt because she wouldn't stop mowing.

He was being a fucking asshole on his own time. What is everyone bitching about?

"Boo hoo people in the world are being douchebags someone please make them go away!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,738 Posts
    its misogyny
    pretty sure when you call start calling someone a cunt, it's probably not because they're a woman. probably more along the lines of them getting you fired or crashing a car into you or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    it doesn't
    says who

24. Post #24
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts

What? Men call eachother cunts all the time. Its a fucking general insult, it has the same meaning as "asshole."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

25. Post #25
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,073 Posts
    The fuck is everyone worked up about? He called some woman a cunt because she wouldn't stop mowing.

He was being a fucking asshole on his own time. What is everyone bitching about?

"Boo hoo people in the world are being douchebags someone please make them go away!"
    so what it's not okay for people to say "well that was undeserved" because you say so

you're right. he did call her a cunt because she didn't stop mowing. but, y'know, look at it from her perspective?

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,624 Posts

Keep up the quality posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,073 Posts
    What? Men call eachother cunts all the time. Its a fucking general insult, it has the same meaning as "asshole."
    i've never heard men call each other cunts in a serious argument

it's more like getting splashed with water and being like "oh johnny you cunt"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree x 18Agree x 3Funny x 2Friendly x 1Informative x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,925 Posts

it doesn't
    That's right dude, down with men! They're the scum of the earth! WOMEN CAN DO NO WRONG!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    8,065 Posts

it doesn't
    Come on, really? Misandry may not be nearly as prevalent as misogyny, but that hardly means it doesn't exist. Both misandry and misogyny are awful and we should be striving to get rid of both, rather than arguing about which is more important than the other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts

Do you live in America? Because Americans don't say cunt because only people with british accents can say it and not sound awkward. Americans use "asshole" instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    yeah I know right men call each other cunts all the time so why would a woman be upset about it? it's like how I call my black friends niggers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 24Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    so what it's not okay for people to say "well that was undeserved" because you say so

you're right. he did call her a cunt because she didn't stop mowing. but, y'know, look at it from her perspective?
    My post is in response to this drivel:

I'm actually going to make the 2 1/2 hour trip to protest. This will be my first protest but damn it this shit needs to stop

The problem isn't that a derogatory insult was made and people are getting upset for no reason, but rather a politician who represents constituents in a state that has had problems between male and female politicians insulted a woman using said derogatory insult.
    Everyone is so fucking worked up over something someone said on his own fucking time. It's not really a big deal. He was pretty douchey, and I can understand why the woman would be upset, but this shouldn't be some scandal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,073 Posts
    Do you live in America? Because Americans don't say cunt because only people with british accents can say it and not sound awkward. Americans use "asshole" instead.
    Are you serious? Does it really matter if I live in America? That's totally not the point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    yeah I know right men call each other cunts all the time so why would a woman be upset about it? it's like how I call my black friends niggers
    What does your post have anything to do with mine? I wasn't even hinting at what you are trying to.

You really do live up to your title don't you.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,502 Posts
    Nigger is a derogatory term for a black person
    Cunt is not a derogatory term for women
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 9Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    Are you serious? Does it really matter if I live in America? That's like totally not the point you dunce
    I'm saying is that Americans don't say cunt.

Therefore, since you said you don't hear people call eachother cunts, which they do very frequently, you must live in America where people don't really say the word cunt.

Calling somebody a "Bitch" is an insult to women. Cunt is a general insult. Learn your curse words.

37. Post #37
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,038 Posts
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cunt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Zing Zing x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts

Here, it's like the worst thing you can call a person. Cunt is the only word absolutely unacceptable for any conversation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,073 Posts

well would you look at that, an insult towards women by definition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,624 Posts
    Considering that "cunt" directly refers to a vagina, I would say it kinda is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 5Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)