1. Post #321
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,730 Posts
    What? All I was saying is that both people would be extremely offended and that's why that argument is bad.
    I literally stood here for a minute not knowing what to say because it went way over your head.

That's my entire point, it's not a bad argument. People will be offended if you call them bad things.

2. Post #322
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,685 Posts
    It's on an international forum. If you want to keep nonamericans out of it then discuss it somewhere, where nonamericans can't get into.

Of course you still have not defended your claim that cunt was used or is being used in direct opression as opposed to being more of a word that's sitting next to it.

You don't have cunt laws, you don't have people talking about cunts as a social group. When it's used, it's used directly against the person in question. It's is both derisive and offensive. But border between both of them tends to fairly small.

So it was bothering him and made the son up. That still doesn't make him a misogynyst. If it was a guy and he called him a dick, fag or whatever he wouldn't be a manhater, homophobe either. He'd just be using a random insult that fit the situation.
    lol, so fag isn't homophobic now ? Go tell that to the sexual minority kids who killed themselves after being harassed with that word. oh wait you cant because they're dead.
    How about you talk to the depressed ones and tell them to get over it because fag is just a regular insult and means nothing !

3. Post #323
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    "Liberals tell rapists, women don't have the right to be armed against their attacks. A liberal is the best friend of a rapist. Yet it's the conservatives who have a 'war on women'?"
    he's right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #324
    Ms. Andry
    August 2005
    10,034 Posts
    I literally stood here for a minute not knowing what to say because it went way over your head.

That's my entire point, it's not a bad argument. People will be offended if you call them bad things.
    you use your computer standing up?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,652 Posts
    lol, so fag isn't homophobic now ? Go tell that to the sexual minority kids who killed themselves after being harassed with that word. oh wait you cant because they're dead.
    How about you talk to the depressed ones and tell them to get over it because fag is just a regular insult and means nothing !
    the word fag currently is shifting over to mean something else, a lot of people already don't associate it with homosexuals anymore.

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,413 Posts
    motherfucker, men can't be offended by you bringing attention to the fact that they're men
    What the fuck? Woman that can be offended by bringing attention to the fact that she's woman is insecure of her gender. And insecurities are not something to be carefully protected from reality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #327
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    hi buddy

a good fraction of your posts are unwarranted snipe posts, insults, and "STOP POSTING XD"

help yourself before you make snide judgements

although i've told you this about half a billion times, along with other people as well from my understanding

you should just look at yourself dude
    Why are you constantly trying to give me an intervention about the way I post. I get it, you're easily offended by what I say. Get the fuck over it and deal with the topic on hand.

You know for someone who is claiming to have the high ground, you sure are doing exactly what you're claiming me of doing.

Edited:

Simply because you believe the word can be used in another context does not change its meaning in its targeted context.
    And the meaning of its targeted context does not change the fact that not everyone who says it says it with that in mind.

8. Post #328
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,685 Posts
    the word fag currently is shifting over to mean something else, a lot of people already don't associate it with homosexuals anymore.
    Lol the only people who say they do that are edgy teens and frequent internet users.

Why are you constantly trying to give me an intervention about the way I post. I get it, you're easily offended by what I say. Get the fuck over it and deal with the topic on hand.

You know for someone who is claiming to have the high ground, you sure are doing exactly what you're claiming me of doing.

Edited:

And the meaning of its targeted context does not change the fact that not everyone who says it says it with that in mind.
    Wow how much of a misogynist can you be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #329
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,730 Posts
    you use your computer standing up?
    ergonomics bro

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,652 Posts
    misogynist
    Facepunch's word of the month
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #331
    Dennab
    May 2007
    1,218 Posts
    Make a thread.

Power outage.

314 new posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #332
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,081 Posts
    So this whole thread has been the same few people arguing that "cunt" is not sexist

why? I mean by that logic "nigger" is not racist

13. Post #333
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    So this whole thread has been the same few people arguing that "cunt" is not sexist

no you dont get it because they call their friends niggers all the time so that makes it cool when they say it to a black person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

14. Post #334
    Dennab
    May 2007
    1,218 Posts
    Jesus christ it's the context, I'm white, and when I hang out with my black friends I don't get jumped for saying nigga because they know there wasn't any hate behind those words. However, the way the word cunt was obviously an expression of anger and hostility.

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    I said shazbot once so obviously I am prejudiced against intergalactic tribal warriors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

16. Post #336
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Jesus christ it's the context, I'm white, and when I hang out with my black friends I don't get jumped for saying nigga because they know there wasn't any hate behind those words. However, the way the word cunt was obviously an expression of anger and hostility.
    the context is that a michigan representative called a woman a cunt days after giving an unconstitutional gag-order on a fellow representative because she said the word "vagina" during deliberations on abortion

that is the context.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #337
    hey
    August 2006
    5,305 Posts

ok buddy

you stray away from the 'topic at hand' with snide insults (and some fancy assumptions to top it off) and you flaunt how witty you can be

a good portion of users who have posted in this thread have questioned you for that, lmao

when that occurs, you don't continue, you think about it; if i make a piss-poor post that people throw their comments at, i think about it at the very least, and try to take in and act upon their critique

you repeat your own cycle and act like a moron
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #338
    Dennab
    May 2007
    1,218 Posts
    the context is that a michigan representative called a woman a cunt days after giving an unconstitutional gag-order on a fellow representative because she said the word "vagina" during deliberations on abortion

that is the context.
    I know man I fucking drove to the capitol today to protest.

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,522 Posts
    Are you serious? Does it really matter if I live in America? That's totally not the point
    that is actually the point, this kind of thing depends on where you are

culture and language is different in different parts of the world

If this had happened in Australia I'd be calling it stupid because the word cunt is used across the board (more toward men though), but I don't know how the word is used in America. Everyone in here needs to stop trying to judge this shit when they don't even live in America.

20. Post #340
    erryday i'm hustlin
    April 2010
    1,032 Posts
    Cunt is a compliment where I live more than an insult. Everybody here calls their mates cunts and their cunts mates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #341
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Cunt is a compliment where I live more than an insult. Everybody here calls their mates cunts and their cunts mates.
    In the US, "motherfucker" can be a positive or neutral exclamation in certain contexts. (e.g. Badass Motherfucker.)

"Cunt" is wholly negative here, and carries extremely derisive implications for women. Nobody in the US uses "cunt" as a compliment, and it is rarely used in regards to men. It is synonymous to "bitch" or "whore."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #342
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,413 Posts
    In the US, "motherfucker" can be a positive or neutral exclamation in certain contexts. (e.g. Badass Motherfucker.)
    That one seems to never stop surprising me. I mean, "motherfucker" implicates very unpleasant meaning, and yet it's almost free of actual out-of-context meaning. Nice lingual culture you have there, guys.

I'm curious, is there any use of word "dick" (or any other obscene term for penis) towards women in the US?

23. Post #343
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    That one seems to never stop surprising me. I mean, "motherfucker" implicates very unpleasant meaning, and yet it's almost free of actual out-of-context meaning. Nice lingual culture you have there, guys.
    Says the dude who calls his friends cunts.

I'm curious, is there any use of word "dick" (or any other obscene term for penis) towards women in the US?
    Extremely rare and likely satirical.

Personally I've never heard a woman being called by a male gendered slur. If "bastard" is used in reference to a woman it's probably used literally, and not in the sense of a slur.

We usually use non-gendered profanity when we don't want to imply gender. "Asshole," "shithead," "motherfucker," etc. "Prick" is the closest thing we have to a commonly used gendered slur, but it's mostly used toward men. "Cocktease" is a feminine slur, despite the first syllable, implying the woman is a flirt who doesn't put out.

Funnily enough, the english language has no commonly-used gendered slurs for men who either have lots of sex or have no sex, and yet it has tons of slurs for both sexually active women (whore/slut) and for women who don't have sex at the drop of a hat (cocktease).

24. Post #344
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts

Wow how much of a misogynist can you be.
    There is nothing in there that even remotely says that's misogynist.

If that's the case, your post is fucking racist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts

invest in chill pills
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #346
    hey
    August 2006
    5,305 Posts

take some lithium
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #347
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    ok buddy

you stray away from the 'topic at hand' with snide insults (and some fancy assumptions to top it off) and you flaunt how witty you can be

a good portion of users who have posted in this thread have questioned you for that, lmao

when that occurs, you don't continue, you think about it; if i make a piss-poor post that people throw their comments at, i think about it at the very least, and try to take in and act upon their critique

you repeat your own cycle and act like a moron
    I wasn't the one who brought up my posting habits. That was you

28. Post #348
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts

My bad, bad reading.

29. Post #349
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    take some lithium

invest in chill pills
    lmao, every time I use the word fuck, some person comes in and acts like I'm absolutely seething with rage.

EVERY post you make about me ownederd is either you saying I need to post the way you want me to, or you act like because I curse, I'm inhumanly angry.

It gets really annoying.

30. Post #350
    hey
    August 2006
    5,305 Posts
    I wasn't the one who brought up my posting habits. That was you
    yes thank you; i could probably quote at least 5-9 people who have questioned you for your posting habits in both direct and indirect ways

lmao, every time I use the word fuck, some person comes in and acts like I'm absolutely seething with rage.

EVERY post you make about me ownederd is either you saying I need to post the way you want me to, or you act like because I curse, I'm inhumanly angry.

It gets really annoying.
    if i put my hand on the stove, i just don't leave it there and go "OOOHHHHH AHHHH AHHHHHHHHHH AHHH FUCK" while 200+ F heat eats away at my skin; think about what this means for a second in a metaphorical sense

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,413 Posts
    Says the dude who calls his friends cunts.
    You've mistaken me for someone else, I don't call my friends cunts. That's highly obscene and offencive word in Russian, it even sounds sickeningly, "peez-da", with stressed "a" and hard "d".

Extremely rare and likely satirical.

Personally I've never heard a woman being called by a male gendered slur. If "bastard" is used in reference to a woman it's probably used literally, and not in the sense of a slur.

We usually use non-gendered profanity when we don't want to imply gender. "Asshole," "shithead," "motherfucker," etc. "Prick" is the closest thing we have to a commonly used gendered slur, but it's mostly used toward men. "Cocktease" is a feminine slur, despite the first syllable, implying the woman is a flirt who doesn't put out.

Funnily enough, the english language has no commonly-used gendered slurs for men who either have lots of sex or have no sex, and yet it has tons of slurs for both sexually active women (whore/slut) and for women who don't have sex at the drop of a hat (cocktease).
    Oh, that's what I thought.
    Even more funnily, Russian alternative for "whore/slut" can be both used against women and men. It's more obscene, though. What I find funny, is that Russian language relies a lot heavier on gender than English, and yet most of our obscene abusive words are universal.

32. Post #352
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    lmao, every time I use the word fuck
    I'm not talking about your use of the word fuck. I use fuck a lot. People complain here that I use it too much. You're just deflecting by pretending I give a shit what words you use.

I'm talking about the fact that you're going off the rails.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #353
    April 2011
    781 Posts
    quit trying to start shit
    he's sanius
    what do you expect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #354
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,416 Posts
    Welcome to Michigan, I wish I could say it's not usually this bad, but, having lived here since I was two, I can't honestly say that.

35. Post #355
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    You've mistaken me for someone else, I don't call my friends cunts. That's highly obscene and offencive word in Russian, it even sounds sickeningly, "peez-da", with hard "d".
    Sorry, thought you were the Australian.

I prefer Spanish obscenity but that's just me. They have a word for everything. None of thus multiple-meanings ambiguous shit. There's a words for both "stupid jackass" and "evil jackass".

Oh, that's what I thought.
    Even more funnily, Russian alternative for "whore/slut" can be both used against women and men. It's more obscene, though. What I find funny, is that Russian language relies a lot heavier on gender than English, and yet most of our obscene abusive words are universal.
    Sexually active men in the US are usually referred to as "player" or "gigolo," which carry more positive bro-fist implications than negative shame-on-you implications.

U.S. culture high-fives men who have sex with lots of women and shames women who have sex with lots of men. There's a pretty big double-standard when it comes to sexuality. Women are called whores when they have sex with lots of people and ice-queens when they don't. Men can just sort of do whatever they want with their junk and nobody judges them (save for homosexuality, which is a whole other issue.)

36. Post #356
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts

By that logic, "dick" is also sexist.
    Calling someone a cunt is not sexist, because it is just a way of insulting someone on no specific feature or stereotype- Same thing with dick. However, there ARE insults that are frequently used that are sexist, such as calling someone a whore or a slut. These perpetuate stereotypes, which cunt does not.

37. Post #357
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts

I'm talking about the fact that you're going off the rails.
    How?

if i put my hand on the stove, i just don't leave it there and go "OOOHHHHH AHHHH AHHHHHHHHHH AHHH FUCK" while 200+ F heat eats away at my skin; think about what this means for a second
    Means that's probably the most logical thought that has ever gone through your head.

38. Post #358
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    By that logic, "dick" is also sexist.
    Calling someone a cunt is not sexist, because it is just a way of insulting someone on no specific feature or stereotype- Same thing with dick. However, there ARE insults that are frequently used that are sexist, such as calling someone a whore or a slut. These perpetuate stereotypes, which cunt does not.
    Cunt perpetuates stereotype in the US usage.

For the love of God dialectical differences are not that difficult to understand. I know what "faffing about" means, for the love of christ.

39. Post #359
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    I just want to point out that you've done it again. You've bypassed every argument anyone has made relevant to the thread, and have elected to just whine about my posting habits. You should really do something useful.

Edited:

Cunt perpetuates stereotype in the US usage.
    That begs the question, why does the collective thought matter?

Fag is used as an insult in America, does that mean it can't be used what it's actually for?

40. Post #360
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    I just want to point out that you've done it again. You've bypassed every argument anyone has made relevant to the thread, and have elected to just whine about my posting habits. You should really do something useful.
    Stop responding to him, then.

You've spent the last three pages talking about yourself. You are contributing nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)