1. Post #41
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    i was citing it because it's exceedingly similar to 9/11.

Yes it's about as similar as the roman invasion of germany and the french attack during the 'phony war'

Edited:

which is why there are a bunch of other bills that are popping up that basically do the same shit sopa was going to do.

This is normal legislation

Stop electing retarded officials and it won't be a problem

Correlation =/= causation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    February 2011
    1,416 Posts
    I'll start taking the truthers more seriously when they manage to come up with a general consensus as to what they believe happened. Until then, depending on which one you talk to, it can be any combination of the below. A trait they all share: sooner or later in the argument, they begin to call you a sheep/lapdog/braindead and continue to not use sources at all or use sources that have been debunked hundreds of times.

IT WAS A MILITARY PLANE
    IT WAS A MISSILE
    IT WAS A DRONE
    IT WAS A HOLOGRAM LMAO
    THE PASSENGERS WERE HIDDEN
    THE PASSENGERS NEVER EXISTED
    IT WAS C4
    IT WAS THERMITE
    93 WAS SHOT DOWN
    93 NEVER EXISTED
    IT WAS THE NWO
    IT WAS CHENEY
    IT WAS BUSH
    IT WAS THE ASSAD
    IT WAS ALIENS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    he never links to one of his own videos.

literally looked through all the sources,

he only cites himself twice,

and the only video he cites of himself is composed of news clips and narration...

and the other citation is just a interview with a whistleblower.
    I'm seeing some contradictions here.

The news clips are mostly stock footage or describing an event that HE then goes into details on.

It's skewed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #44
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,601 Posts
    9/11 conspiracy theorists are very good at deciphering the tiny details about the event itself. What they fail to do time and time again is find a reasonable motive for why the US government would have committed the attacks.
    to get da oil from da midle eest duuuuuh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    May 2010
    884 Posts
    -snip- actually has nothing to do with 9/11 in particular
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

6. Post #46
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,333 Posts
    Especially the part about 2 planes being hijacked and taken off course and yet they were not suspicious and fighter jets did not intercept them.
    It doesn't sound like you researched 9/11 at all. They knew all the planes were hijacked sometime before they crashed, and they did send out fighter jets, but they never managed to successfully intercept them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    Don't you think it's rather convenient that an international incident occurs which in turn allows the government to control people's lives much more easily, perpetuating a borderline police state across the country?

Just sayin'
    Gulf of Tonkin incident projected the US into a fucking massive and brutal war. Why would they go to the length of 0 people killed to over 3000 for something less than the Indo-china region.

Edited:

did you like even pay attention to the video?

at all?
    Do you have any, you know, refutation other then saying the video is 100% fact that the US did 9/11?

8. Post #48
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,014 Posts
    9/11 conspiracy theorists are very good at deciphering the tiny details about the event itself. What they fail to do time and time again is find a reasonable motive for why the US government would have committed the attacks.
    If there is enough evidence to suggest that there is a lot of cover up and lying , is the motive really significant? One theory, (although I don't agree with it) was that 911 was a false flag operation to prepare the nation for war.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

9. Post #49
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    It doesn't sound you researched 9/11 at all. They knew all the planes were hijacked sometime before they crashed, and they did send out fighter jets, but they never managed to successfully intercept them.

The plane that crashed over Pennsylvania was going to be shot down by fighters had it approached the white house, but there was never a need because... yeah

Edited:

Gulf of Tonkin incident projected the US into a fucking massive and brutal war. Why would they go to the length of 0 people killed to over 3000 for something less than the Indo-china region.

Not to mention that Afghanistan has no strategic value on the world stage

Edited:

If there is enough evidence to suggest that there is a lot of cover up and lying , is the motive really significant? One theory, (although I don't agree with it) was that 911 was a false flag operation to prepare the nation for war.

No, there is a lot of lack of evidence (as in government monitoring) for an event which was a national catastrophe which took the nation by surprise and comprised the destruction of huge buildings in the downtown new york area in the midst of a hell of a panic

The lack of evidence is not evidence
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    June 2012
    546 Posts
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,907 Posts
    That was fucking stupid. I like how the first main point was basically "the US is too amazing and awesome to have been brought to it's knees by a bunch of dirty brown people."

Some pissed off middle easterns flew a couple of planes into some buildings and got insanely lucky with the damage that resulted. Get over it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 26Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,014 Posts
    No, there is a lot of lack of evidence (as in government monitoring) for an event which was a national catastrophe which took the nation by surprise and comprised the destruction of huge buildings in the downtown new york area in the midst of a hell of a panic
    Well the whole point of the conspiracy was that the government was involved so why would you trust their evidence. The United States has a pretty bad track record when it comes to telling truth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Well the whole point of the conspiracy was that the government was involved so why would you trust their evidence. The United States has a pretty bad track record when it comes to telling truth.
    That's your entire argument? You don't trust them? I bet you believe that they put fluoride in the water, too.

EDIT: To control you*

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,284 Posts
    Debunking 9/11 conspiracy theories in one word:

No
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    I used to buy into this shit when I was 15, then well, I grew up.

You just gotta stop for a second and think "maybe the simple explanation is actually the correct one"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    I think the problem with conspiracy theorists is that they don't take chance into account, they look at the straight ability of someone and say: "Well shit it can't be possible ever forever then!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,014 Posts
    That's your entire argument? You don't trust them? I bet you believe that they put fluoride in the water, too.
    Why should you trust them? They have been lying about everything for a good 10 years now.

And what's with the generalizations?
    At least I have questions rather than just name calling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

18. Post #58
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    Why should you trust them? They have been lying about everything for a good 10 years now.

Are you an avid viewer of alex jones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #59
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts

EDIT: To control you*
    I was about to say!

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,105 Posts
    I like how it's either few extremists or the entire US government. It can't be elements within the government. The entire government has to be behind this with the president giving the order.

Some pissed off middle easterns flew a couple of planes into some buildings and got insanely lucky with the damage that resulted.
    Some religious fanatics from a small village in middle east got into some planes with knives, hijacked them, and flew them into the buildings while fooling and evading the US military. Is that what you're saying? You make it sound terrifyingly easy. I mean, anyone can do that then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts

Lying about everything? You mean the government that puts TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS into social services to help people down on their luck/just plain fucking lazy? Yes, they are all a bunch of evil monsters right? Every single one of them is crazy, right? You don't even know what they do for you, and you bash them, talk about spoiled.

Edited:

I like how it's either few extremists or the entire US government. It can't be elements within the government. The entire government has to be behind this with the president giving the order.

Some religious fanatics from a small village in middle east got into some planes with knives, hijacked them, and flew them into the buildings while fooling and evading the US military. Is that what you're saying? You make it sound terrifyingly easy. I mean, anyone can do that then.
    They didn't have extreme security until after 9/11, they were pretty damn lax about it all because they didn't believe anything could go wrong...why the planes weren't shot down, I'm sure there's a logical reason, just like there's a logical reason behind every paranoid claim you guys make.

22. Post #62
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts

What, indeed?

23. Post #63
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,472 Posts
    I love the wtc 7 gif that appears a few times

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11Informative Informative x 7 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,105 Posts
    They didn't have extreme security until after 9/11, they were pretty damn lax about it all because they didn't believe anything could go wrong...
    They didn't think that anyone could hijack a plane and crash it into a building? I've been doing that in video games since they've put a building and a plane in one game. The fucking department of defense (or whoever is responsible) didn't think that it would happen? And they already took things like that into the account before 9/11 what are you talking about?
    why the planes weren't shot down, I'm sure there's a logical reason, just like there's a logical reason behind every paranoid claim you guys make.
    "I'm sure there is a logical reason" really? And you're going to tell other people that they're pulling things out their asses?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

25. Post #65
    8==== ===== ===== ===== ===D
    Dennab
    April 2008
    4,831 Posts

you cant truly be this stupid

give me 10 examples of things they'd truly lied about in the past 10 years GO

26. Post #66
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,014 Posts
    I love the wtc 7 gif that appears a few times

Allow me to retaliate!

you cant truly be this stupid

give me 10 examples of things they'd truly lied about in the past 10 years GO
    Are you implying that certain areas of your government have never lied ever? Well the most notable things are the Wars and Economy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    March 2012
    54 Posts
    You make sense, I thought this was the don't make sense thread.

28. Post #68
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,601 Posts
    Allow me to retaliate!

Are you implying that certain areas of your government have never lied ever? Well the most notable things are the Wars and Economy.
    "Architects and Engineers for 9/11 truth"

uh....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    Blue Member
    October 2006
    9,835 Posts
    The problem with 9/11 is that, while the official story sounds rather shady and iffy around the corners, somewhat hard to believe; then any and all alternatives proposed are just right out there as batshit insane, baseless bullshit. So let's just go with Occam's razor and take the less crazy explanation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    I hate conspiracy shit because a lot of it is just fucking crazy like fanatics with these weather changing gem stones that film clouds and how government helicopters spy on them while spewing chem trails.

But 9/11 has always been incredibly shady and the "true" story is just fucking stupid, how can a few guys with fucking boxcutters go up against probably 80-100 people per plane and succeed? If they had automatic guns I could understand, but fucking boxcutters? Three people could have rushed them and took them out, ya someone would have been stabbed but better than dying regardless into some buildings.
    Most hijackings that had occurred before 9/11 involved the planes being landed and the passengers ransomed. The people on the first 2 flights had no idea what was about to happen.

In fact on Flight 93, and likely on the other flights, the passengers were told that there was a bomb on the plane and that they would be returning to the airport to have their demands met. The difference was that by the time Flight 93 was hijacked, many of the passengers had already heard about the World Trade Center attacks and realized they were lying, so they attempted to take back control of the plane.

And why is it the plane headed for the white-house the only one that failed, and why was the one into the pentagon pretty lackluster in terms of damage.
    As I said, Passengers on Flight 93 already knew what was going to happen to them if they didn't try to fight back. As for the pentagon, the section it hit was being remodeled to be much stronger.

wikipedia posted:
    had been reconstructed with a web of steel columns and bars to withstand bomb blasts. The steel reinforcement, bolted together to form a continuous structure through all of the Pentagon's five floors, kept that section of the building from collapsing for 30 minutes—enough time for hundreds of people to crawl out to safety. The area struck by the plane also had blast-resistant windows—2 inches thick and 2,500 pounds each—that stayed intact during the crash and fire. It had fire doors that opened automatically and newly built exits that allowed people to get out."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

31. Post #71
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,014 Posts

uh....
    Ugh just watch the video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,154 Posts
    they love their country i mean real love, every day love. you cant kill the LOVE

33. Post #73
    February 2010
    6,750 Posts

uh....
    I swear I've heard of them. IIRC, they weren't real architects.

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,371 Posts
    So much bullshit in one video...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,601 Posts
    Ugh just watch the video.
    I did.

He just dances around the topic and spews bullshit as he goes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #76
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,194 Posts
    Allow me to retaliate!

I don't think your video will win, Edward Current already said the exact reason it fell, and debunked everything conspiracy theorists will say, you lose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,371 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,014 Posts
    I don't think your video will win, Edward Current already said the exact reason it fell, and debunked everything conspiracy theorists will say, you lose.
    If I lose then the laws of physics have to be rewritten. Remember that thing I wrote before how people will REFUSE to see things differently, you are a prime example of that because you didn't even watch the video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

39. Post #79
    August 2008
    84 Posts
    Debunking a conspiracy theory just because it's a conspiracy theory is very ignorant too.
    Once people realize that the world will be a better place.

40. Post #80
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,601 Posts
    If I lose then the laws of physics have to be rewritten. Remember that thing I wrote before how people will REFUSE to see things differently, you are a prime example of that because you didn't even watch the video.
    So wait you know that he didn't watch the video.

How.

WAIT
    You have to be..
    no...
    you can't be...
    one of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)