1. Post #1
    October 2007
    4,809 Posts
    My minecraft has been really bothering me lately, and I'm not sure why, but I'd like to fix the problem....

Anyways, first I noticed that there is no more sound, I've tried sound fixes they don't work, and F3 + S was working for a bit, but that's stopped being effective as well. Also when I try to update, or force update, I usually have to try 3-5 times before it goes all the way through, otherwise it just freezes up on any random part of the update. It's been really frustrating playing without sound, so help would be appreciated.

Note, I have already completely cleaned out my .minecraft folder and re-installed the game, so something must be conflicting. I reinstalled JAVA as well, to no avail obviously since I'm here. So please someone help.

(User was banned for this post ("Not a support forum" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2
    I fucking hate Lori.
    April 2010
    2,476 Posts
    Your sound works in other program's right?
    Or just try to update your sound card driver.

The updating thing I don't know about, maybe your connection gets interrupted?
    Or your connection to MC's download is very poor.

Inform me back if you find something new.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

3. Post #3
    October 2007
    4,809 Posts
    Your sound works in other program's right?
    Or just try to update your sound card driver.

The updating thing I don't know about, maybe your connection gets interrupted?
    Or your connection to MC's download is very poor.

Inform me back if you find something new.

Yes sound does work for everything else, I'll try updating my sound drivers, thanks for the response

everything is already updated

4. Post #4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2012
    51 Posts
    This happens to me a lot on Minecraft, too, and I've found the only solution is to restart the game.

F3 + S only seems to work in menus, too, so try using it in there.

Also go with Moofy's suggestion and read through that page. It should have some helpful things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2007
    4,809 Posts
    Thanks for the responses, and something fixed it before I tried that last suggestion but thanks a bunch regardless.