1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    14,315 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2010
    4,557 Posts
    Game's not released yet and they're revealing DLC about new gameplay.

video game industry, pls stop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 49Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BACON FETISH
    September 2008
    1,043 Posts
    This game is looking worse by the day.

I don't exactly have a problem with this announcement, though. It doesn't say they are working on it. It just says that, after release, they have plans for DLC, and it might include new characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    19,048 Posts
    Game looked a fuck ton better before they turned it into Devil May Cry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2011
    4,578 Posts
    Devil May Gear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I am no one's bitch now! AHAHA!
    October 2008
    4,188 Posts
    It would be funny if it was Snake in a wheelchair with a sword.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,591 Posts
    this game looks way more interesting than another stealth game, even if it's bayonetta with a new coat of paint

Edited:

there's been what? six? it's time for something different (that isn't a fucking card game)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,855 Posts
    this is only metal gear by name, not by nature

i refuse to believe this is canon and therefore refuse to believe that it exists
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    this game looks way more interesting than another stealth game, even if it's bayonetta with a new coat of paint

Edited:

there's been what? six? it's time for something different (that isn't a fucking card game)
    Well, there is going to be a new MGS i think later this year.

Which is open world free roam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    I don't like it because its DLC, and fucking everything nowadays has DLC. I don't see why would "metal gear" suddenly have it aswell.

Some day, we will have to buy a game like Tekken for 50€ and then buy each fighter for 10€ each.

11. Post #11
    there's been what? six? it's time for something different
    yeah, and gears of war needs to put out a puzzle game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    Exactly, I loved it when it looked more calculated and realistic. I don't like the new direction and probably won't be buying it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,591 Posts
    i'd say 'it'd be better than another cover shooter' but a puzzle game would be totally out of left field
    a spin off needs to make some kind of sense, raiden was doing all sorts of dumb anime stuff in mgs4
    but then again puzzle fighter was a popular spin off of street fighter so i dunno
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2010
    4,557 Posts
    i will watch the cutscenes on youtube to get whatever metal gear i want out of this tbh. i am excited that they may show some solidus love. however, i am less excited that it's after mgs4 and after raiden's resolution and from a story teller's perspective it really, really irks me. why they didn't keep it between mgs2 and mgs4 is completely lost on me.

especially since that entire missing chapter is a mystery, other than "raiden somehow met several characters and saved sunny AND Big Boss's body and then became a ninja because of patriots magic". fuck, man.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,144 Posts
    i will watch the cutscenes on youtube to get whatever metal gear i want out of this tbh. i am excited that they may show some solidus love. however, i am less excited that it's after mgs4 and after raiden's resolution and from a story teller's perspective it really, really irks me. why they didn't keep it between mgs2 and mgs4 is completely lost on me.

especially since that entire missing chapter is a mystery, other than "raiden somehow met several characters and saved sunny AND Big Boss's body and then became a ninja because of patriots magic". fuck, man.
    Kojima fucking knew it wasn't gonna sell well in its original state (even if that was the RIGHT version) but Konami were like "lets cut/paste license onto this hack & slash gameplay for loadsemone".

Not even Frank Jaeger could make me like this game. It does not deserve the Metal Gear title at all.

16. Post #16
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,591 Posts
    i remember reading when the game was first announced (and i guess when konami was actually developing it) that it was going to take place between 2 and 4
    but something changed i guess, and from a narrative and character development perspective it is retarded in its current form
    but it's also a spin-off, so whatever. if the game was literally called metal gear solid 5 these complaints would be more valid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    June 2010
    4,557 Posts
    Kojima fucking knew it wasn't gonna sell well in its original state (even if that was the RIGHT version) but Konami were like "lets cut/paste license onto this hack & slash gameplay for loadsemone".

Not even Frank Jaeger could make me like this game. It does not deserve the Metal Gear title at all.
    well its metal gear because it has metal gear characters in it. metal gear SOLID is completely reserved for stealth gameplay. and it's not a metal gear SOLID game... so there's no problem here.

hack and slash is fun and all but the only thing stopping me from playing "SOME OTHER HACKNSLASH" is a continuation of metal gear story... and i don't know if thats enough of a reason for me, trying to be a responsible consumer. sorry, mr. kojima.

18. Post #18
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    well its metal gear because it has metal gear characters in it. metal gear SOLID is completely reserved for stealth gameplay. and it's not a metal gear SOLID game... so there's no problem here.

hack and slash is fun and all but the only thing stopping me from playing "SOME OTHER HACKNSLASH" is a continuation of metal gear story... and i don't know if thats enough of a reason for me, trying to be a responsible consumer. sorry, mr. kojima.
    Metal gear acid (bleugh) and the original two Metal Gears had mostly stealth gameplay, but werent called solid.

19. Post #19
    Swayoung
    June 2005
    582 Posts
    I think it looks fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    Metal gear acid (bleugh) and the original two Metal Gears had mostly stealth gameplay, but werent called solid.
    I do dislike how people disavow a game's right to exist just because it doesn't fit the mold of the previous games in the series. It makes sense when there's only be two or three game before it, but Metal Gear is two decades old.

Metal Gear is no longer just a stealth game series; it's an entire universe. Sure I don't like the style of this game, but that doesn't mean they can't use the Metal Gear universe as a setting especially when the stealth gameplay remains unaltered (via a completely new MGS being made).

It's like Star Wars is no longer the original 3 (or 6) movies. Star Wars has transcended the genre and style of the medium it was born in, and it now is loads of different movies, books, games, etc. Not all of those new Star Wars titles follow the original movies in styling or motifs, but they are allowed to exist within the universe of Star Wars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    Lmao Pics Authority Jesus
    Dennab
    February 2012
    8,769 Posts
    I do not oppose the idea of metal gear Devil May Cry.

What makes no sense to me, is if you wanted a game about a badass motherfucker cyborg ninja

YOU WENT TO RAIDEN ABOVE GRAY FOX?

RAIDEN?

WHO NO ONE OUTSIDE OF JAPAN LIKES?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BACON FETISH
    September 2008
    1,043 Posts
    I liked how the game looked before, it reminded me of the quality the MGS series had. But now they play generic rock music while raiden cuts a gasmask solider 30 times and throws Metal Gears. I liked how it had the no kill elements and looked challenging and actually strategic. Its really sad how that was almost a reality and ot got scrapped. I hope this game is better than they are showcasing it to be.

23. Post #23
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    I liked how the game looked before, it reminded me of the quality the MGS series had. But now they play generic rock music while raiden cuts a gasmask solider 30 times and throws Metal Gears. I liked how it had the no kill elements and looked challenging and actually strategic. Its really sad how that was almost a reality and ot got scrapped. I hope this game is better than they are showcasing it to be.
    Dont worry, they're making a new one.

"Rather than making something cinematic, [I plan to] make something very free." Kojima told CNN of his new game, in late 2011. He went on to describe the game as set in an open world, in which players are free to explore. Kojima expects players to be able to find content even after 100 hours.[6]
    Kojima stated that he couldn’t say too much about his new game, but “this year, next year, I am working on something that I think will become the shining moment” for his career and the Metal Gear series. He also said that he’ll be 50 next year and that he wants to create that moment now.[15] Kojima also stated "The game I'm working on right now is dealing with quite a few issues that are pretty delicate and taboo." Kojima said "I'm not sure if they'll end up being in the final product or not, but that's something that I want to continue to strive for." He said it's his goal to "bring those real-life issues to the forefront," but he has to temper that with making the game fun to play. He said that as a creator who constantly sees the flaws in his own work after it's finished, he always feels that "what I'm making right now, in my mind, is the best -- though I can't really talk about that right now." Kojima also mentioned visiting a military base in San Diego to test a shooting simulator, but again mentioned that he couldn't talk about the trip in detail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

24. Post #24
    January 2011
    4,578 Posts
    I do not oppose the idea of metal gear Devil May Cry.

What makes no sense to me, is if you wanted a game about a badass motherfucker cyborg ninja

YOU WENT TO RAIDEN ABOVE GRAY FOX?

RAIDEN?

WHO NO ONE OUTSIDE OF JAPAN LIKES?
    wait Raiden is well liked in Japan that would make sence

25. Post #25
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    Not platinum games, Konami.

26. Post #26
    January 2011
    4,578 Posts

this looks MUUUUUUUUCH Better than Rising
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2007
    17,086 Posts
    a huge reason for this (as the technical aspect, not the platinum games cancer aspect) is the change from mgs4 (and 5/new title's) fox engine, to the platinum games engine
    also, the developers for the original rising didn't overuse a fuckton of post processing shit

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,405 Posts
    A survival horror Gears of War where you are a leader of a band of stranded, scavenging for food and fuel.

29. Post #29
    Thanks guys, I think I will make the Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows Phone my next smartphone.
    May 2012
    1,260 Posts
    Pre-ordered the DLC

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,412 Posts

The character in those screenshots looks like a younger version of The Boss.
    Then again, The Boss had blonde hair.

31. Post #31
    June 2010
    4,557 Posts
    that would be super cool but the character also has an eyepatch.

32. Post #32

GUYS.

Naomi said that Gray fox found her in Rhodesia. WHAT IF MGS FIVE IS IN RHODESIA AND YOU PLAY AS GRAY FOX!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,412 Posts
    that would be super cool but the character also has an eyepatch.
    Big Boss again?

34. Post #34
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    Thats obviously big boss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    June 2010
    4,557 Posts
    Big Boss again?
    i can see kojima showing big boss (from behind) teasers and then pulling a "IT'S THE BOSS THE WHOOOOLE TIIIIIIIIIME"

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,412 Posts
    i can see kojima showing big boss (from behind) teasers and then pulling a "IT'S THE BOSS THE WHOOOOLE TIIIIIIIIIME"
    Based on just those two screenshots, I have a feeling this game is gonna take place just after the events of Peace Walker.
    On the other hand, that Stryker might debunk my speculation.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,437 Posts

It's pretty obvious that it's big boss.

38. Post #38
    December 2009
    4,846 Posts

It's pretty obvious that it's big boss.
    Big boss doesn't smoke cigerettes.
    It looks like hes holding a cigerette anyway.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,144 Posts
    Big boss doesn't smoke cigerettes.
    It looks like hes holding a cigerette anyway.
    He has an eyepatch and looks just like BB did in the original metal gear concept art which took place after the Peace Walker incident. Not to mention the guy can smoke whatever he wants.

They're tipping it's Big Boss' operations in South Africa and that you might just encounter Frank Jaeger.

40. Post #40
    December 2009
    4,846 Posts
    He has an eyepatch and looks just like BB did in the original metal gear concept art which took place after the Peace Walker incident. Not to mention the guy can smoke whatever he wants.
    Yeah, its pretty obvious its him, just a weird thing I noticed.
    I dont mind the Big Boss but I'd like to play as someone else.