What is Receiver
Receiver was created for the 7-day FPS challenge to explore gun handling mechanics, randomized levels, and unordered storytelling. Armed only with a Colt 1911 A1 and an audiocassette player, you must uncover the secrets of the Mindkill in a building complex infested with automated turrets and hovering shock drones.
In depth gun mechanics: Interact with the slide, cock or uncock the hammer, load an empty magazine with new bullets, turn on the safety so you don't accidentally waste a bullet.
Enemy damage models: Each enemy has a visible camera, weapon, battery, and motor. These separate parts react to damage differently and affect how the enemy behaves after the shot. Shoot the killbot's camera and he can't see you, shoot out its weapon and it can't hurt you. Blind a turret and it will forever search for a target it can't see.
Permanent death: One shot to the goo, and you're starting over.
Random world: Each playthrough will have a different building layout, enemy placements, ammo stashes, cassette tape placement.
Random gun condition: You might start with three full magazines in your inventory, you might start with only a single bullet in the chamber.
The world expands as you find audio cassette tapes scattered around the building and slowly learn about the Receivers, Killbots, and the Mindkill.[URL][URL]
CONTENT UPDATE 1:- Fixed problem with falling through the floor in one of the rooms
- You can now remove rounds from a magazine with 'r' when gun is holstered (e.g. to combine two half-full magazines)
- Made hover bots louder so they are easier to detect
- Added a restart-game button in case you get stuck (hold 'L')
- Fixed problem inability to run when gun is holstered
- Disabled gun shadow (players report that it is weird to see a gun shadow without a body shadow)
- Mouse cursor disappears automatically when alt-tabbing into the game
- Splash screen correctly fades to black when starting new game
- More descriptive input names in configuration window
- Brighter muzzle flash illumination
It's now on Steam Greenlight! Vote up for it to show up on Steam! If successful, any previous buyers or Overgrowth preorderers will get a Steam code for no extra charge.-Maglite: Find one or spawn with one. Harries technique animation. Some rooms darkened to accommodate its usage. It will run out of batteries!
-S&W Model 10 Revolver: Double action or manual cocking, reloading using extractor rod. Bullet casings may expand in the chamber, causing harder reloads. Spin the cylinder, because why not!
-Glock 17: Full auto, 17 bullet mag, simpler than the default.
-Gun Distance Slider: Move the gun closer to your face if you want to look down the sights!
Click here to vote for it!
How do I buy Receiver?
Buy it for only $5 at: http://www.wolfire.com/receiver
Or, if you've preordered Overgrowth, check the secret preorder forum!