· OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ? Windows 7 64-bit
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7 64 bit
· Is the OS anOEM version(came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Full retail
· Age of system (hardware) HDD brand new, rest of system around 4 years old
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Fresh installation few weeks ago
· CPU: Intel Quad Core
· Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
· MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L
· Power Supply - brand & wattage
AC input: 230V 50Hz 5A
DC Output: +3.3V +5V +12V -12V -5V +5Vsb
22A 40A 27A 1.2A --- 2.3A
· System Manufacturer : Custom built
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom): Custom built
Right so when I turn on the computer. It'll load up fine, no problems, log in to my account and desktop loads fine. I might be able to run Firefox to browse the web. However within 5 minutes of a Game starting (pretty much any game), it will freeze and I can only move the mouse, however clicking anything is useless, even dragging the mouse on the desktop doesn't work.Task Manager doesn't open either onCtrl+Alt+Del, even on a Non-USB keyboard. The mouse is movable for 4-5 minutes before I get a BSOD and system restart.
On restart, BIOS hangs on "Memory runs at dual channel interleaved", and doesn't seem to detect the HDD. After 30 seconds it'll flash and give me a SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.
I actually got out the system disk and popped it in, pressed Enter and it gave me the same message.
If I turn off the computer and leave it off for a little while. I can boot successfully again, HDD detected, boot up to Windows again, log in, but the system freezes again. Did a Full system scan with Avast which turned up no viruses, trojans or infected files.
I ran SpeedFan to check my temperatures, all are normal or cooler than normal, but the GPU is 58C and has a little flame next to it. Obviously it's quite hot, but that's only now when I'm only using my web browser and nothing else. I opened up my PC while it was running, and the GPU fan is still working like normal, and I regularly clean the dust out of my PC to ensure it works well.
I'm guessing most like, it's the 9800GT, but it seems on some days it can run games absolutely great without crashing the whole day. I know it's an old PC but it still ran MW3 ( don't judge me :( ) perfectly without lag or crashing for a few days.
I'm not sure if theres anything I can do to fix this, if anyone knows how I could I'd be really really appreciative.
If any more info is needed, please ask I'll reply ASAP.