1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,837 Posts
    You know, I spend so much time working on a video that by the time I'm done, I hate it.
    But I'm still fond of the Lazy Town joke in the Fatty Bear one. That's about it.

Editing is where I dump most of my time, probably. Even more than writing the script.
    And, although running jokes are an important aspect for a series, I'm going to do my best not to overuse anything. If I really think that something has become a needed trend in my videos, I'll at least space it out between videos, so it's not always in everyone's faces. If that makes any sense.
    Just a friendly warning, the second you overuse a joke facepunch will hate you and leave you for dead good luck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

2. Post #122
    Internet Nobody
    June 2012
    726 Posts
    GeneralMoosen posted:
    I like your name.
    Moose powers, activate!

I actually don't have any moose powers.

bobsynergy posted:
    Just a friendly warning, the second you overuse a joke facepunch will hate you and leave you for dead good luck
    Fair enough! I plan to be responsive to feedback, so if I'm starting to stretch a joke too far, let me know! I've already made some cuts to the video I'm working on now based on some feedback here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,445 Posts
    If you do feel you are overusing a joke, just throw ainsley harriott in there and it will all be good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 32Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,837 Posts
    If you do feel you are overusing a joke, just throw ainsley harriott in there and it will all be good
    Yep and then at the end post "that cat"

Please note while this is 100% true and you can have a video with just his face become a god here, please don't do it sorry LMAO pics (don't go there)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Late Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,816 Posts
    Yep and then at the end post "that cat"

Please note while this is 100% true and you can have a video with just his face become a god here, please don't do it sorry LMAO pics (don't go there)
    "That cat" is even less funny than Ainsley now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,837 Posts
    "That cat" is even less funny than Ainsley now.
    I thought it still got mass rated winner and funnies? guess I haven't been to LMAO pics longer then I thought
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #127
    June 2009
    4,053 Posts
    I thought it still got mass rated winner and funnies? guess I haven't been to LMAO pics longer then I thought
    It's just an idiot cull now. People rate it funny and winner simply to lure stupid people into getting banned and going down in a "blaze of glory".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #128
    May 2008
    96 Posts
    Restaurant Empire, 1:20, gets me every time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...bJUXxkN8#t=79s

Keep up the great work! Also, your beard is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I was expecting something like:

but is JonTron instead.

You is JonTron style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,420 Posts
    SHARK THE FUCK?

Laughed way too hard at that part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    147 Posts
    Where is that little audio clip at the start of each video from? The "I've not seen such greatness", sounds like something out of the old Gauntlet games.

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,816 Posts
    Where is that little audio clip at the start of each video from? The "I've not seen such greatness", sounds like something out of the old Gauntlet games.
    That's exactly what it's from. However, it's "bravery."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    585 Posts
    I double loved every last one of those videos. Oh man, in the lego one where he's like "This lady. What is wrong with her" I swear I busted some organs open.

Also, his opening bravery thing is so catchy that I have been coming back to the videos just for that. You have a GREAT format moose guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #134
    Internet Nobody
    June 2012
    726 Posts
    UnrealDiego posted:
    Keep up the great work! Also, your beard is awesome.
    Thanks, man! And your beard is awesome. Assuming you have one.

Neotechno posted:
    l337k1ll4 posted:
    Gauntlet is, like, the greatest. I can't think of an arcade game I'd rather own, honestly. So many good times. I just wish I could find a console version that I liked as much as the arcade version.

hovergroovie posted:
    I double loved every last one of those videos. Oh man, in the lego one where he's like "This lady. What is wrong with her" I swear I busted some organs open.
    Also, his opening bravery thing is so catchy that I have been coming back to the videos just for that. You have a GREAT format moose guy.
    Thank you! You give great compliments, hoover guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

15. Post #135
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,003 Posts

i am a motivator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 23Friendly Friendly x 17 (list)

16. Post #136
    Internet Nobody
    June 2012
    726 Posts

i am a motivator
    I am SO MOTIVATED right now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 35Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    147 Posts
    Thanks, and yeah that's what I wanted to write, don't know why I typed greatness instead.

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,538 Posts

I agree, the intro is catchy.

I like the intro with the moose GBA more than the most recent one though. It's nice and simple, and looks striking and memorable. Maybe you could combine the most recent type-style with the same layout/visual style of the GBA-antlers one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #139
    Internet Nobody
    June 2012
    726 Posts
    I agree, the intro is catchy.

I like the intro with the moose GBA more than the most recent one though. It's nice and simple, and looks striking and memorable. Maybe you could combine the most recent type-style with the same layout/visual style of the GBA-antlers one?
    I haven't settled on an intro I like enough to keep for a while, yet, really. I've got a few other ideas floating around that I'm going to give a shot in future videos, and maybe I'll stumble upon something good. I do know that I want to keep it short, though. No... theme songs or any of that crap. Waste of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

20. Post #140
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,145 Posts
    I haven't settled on an intro I like enough to keep for a while, yet, really. I've got a few other ideas floating around that I'm going to give a shot in future videos, and maybe I'll stumble upon something good. I do know that I want to keep it short, though. No... theme songs or any of that crap. Waste of time.
    If I knew anything about after effects and had it, I'd throw together a brutualmoose intro that looks like the GBA boot logo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #141
    Internet Nobody
    June 2012
    726 Posts
    If I knew anything about after effects and had it, I'd throw together a brutualmoose intro that looks like the GBA boot logo
    May or may not already be working on that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,360 Posts
    Any chance for Dong Dong Never Die? It's probably the weirdest fighting game I've ever seen.

You know you want to try it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 12Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    January 2012
    371 Posts
    i loved your bully video, sent me on a little nostalgia trip
    Excellent videos, keep up the good work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,360 Posts
    Oh and if you ever get big enough to get sponsored, my advice is to stay far away from machinima and try to get with someone like thegamestation, machinimas contracts rapes your channels and are almost impossible to get out of(If I remember right you pretty much give them ownership over your channel)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #145
    Internet Nobody
    June 2012
    726 Posts
    Crimor posted:
    Any chance for Dong Dong Never Die? It's probably the weirdest fighting game I've ever seen.
    That is... very strange. I'm not sure if I could do a full video on that, but I am toying with the idea of occasionally doing 'shorts' where I could look at games that don't have enough substance for a full-length episode.

themoses posted:
    i loved your bully video, sent me on a little nostalgia trip
    Excellent videos, keep up the good work!
    Thank you! And you should go play Bully. Because it's still fun.

Oh and if you ever get big enough to get sponsored, my advice is to stay far away from machinima and try to get with someone like thegamestation, machinimas contracts rapes your channels and are almost impossible to get out of(If I remember right you pretty much give them ownership over your channel)
    Thanks for the advice! And, yeah, I've heard that getting involved with Machinema is a bad idea. Kind of unfortunate since it's one of, if not the biggest gaming hub on youtube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    January 2012
    371 Posts
    Thank you! And you should go play Bully. Because it's still fun.
    I probably will. Does scholarship edition add anything new apart from the creepy music lesson/a few new lessons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #147
    Internet Nobody
    June 2012
    726 Posts
    I probably will. Does scholarship edition add anything new apart from the creepy music lesson/a few new lessons?
    "8 new missions, 4 new characters, 4 new school classes (Biology, Music, Math and Geography) and new unlockable items and clothing. Some small script changes have been made."

Personally, I like playing through the original better, but that's just because it's how I played it when it first came out. You're getting more or less the same experience either way, I'm pretty sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts
    Oh man im liking this guy a lot already.

Hope you plan on sticking around FP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #149
    February 2010
    1,577 Posts
    I added his new video to the first post since this is turning to the BrutalMoose MegaThread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,445 Posts
    oh god the blambo part
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,590 Posts
    Loved the new video, the "Forest Dolphin" part could've been shorter and less forced, but the "There it is!" line got me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #152
    hello im nobody.
    July 2009
    697 Posts
    those videos are very funny and entratening.

you have my subcrition.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Italy Show Events

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,114 Posts
    For anyone who might not have seen it yet:

BrutalMoose, you are a god-damn saint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 27Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #154

June 2011
    24 Posts
    After watching the bully video it made me reinstall it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,324 Posts
    He has a really pretty voice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,036 Posts
    Oh man, the dolphin part was great. Can't wait for the next one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #157
    Internet Nobody
    June 2012
    726 Posts
    TehWoodPcker posted:
    Oh man im liking this guy a lot already.
    Hope you plan on sticking around FP
    I plan on doing my best! Though I must admit, starting new topics and the like is intimidating. I've seen the swiftness at which people have been banned. I have to be careful!

Psycho9182 posted:
    I added his new video to the first post since this is turning to the BrutalMoose MegaThread
    Thank you! I wasn't sure if I was supposed to make a new thread or what. This works out well, though.

RaxaHax posted:
    Loved the new video, the "Forest Dolphin" part could've been shorter and less forced, but the "There it is!" line got me
    Noted! After working on a video for so long, nothing really seems funny about it anymore (I actually pretty much hate any video I finish for at least a few weeks), so it's kind of hard to tell when a joke dragged a bit.

Eesha posted:
    those videos are very funny and entratening.
    you have my subcrition.
    This post was complimentary and informative.
    You have my thanks.

ProffesorAssHat posted:
    BrutalMoose, you are a god-damn saint.
    Oh, you!
    Thanks!

Negrul1 posted:
    He has a really pretty voice.
    Aw, well thank you for that!

Supersheepie posted:
    Oh man, the dolphin part was great. Can't wait for the next one.
    EEE-E-EE-E-E-E-E-E-EE
    That's my attempt at typing out a dolphin noise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

38. Post #158
    April 2011
    612 Posts
    I don't know if you only review nostalgic games but if that is a focus, then I recommend any of the Spyro series.
    That was my childhood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #159
    October 2011
    404 Posts
    The Lego Island video never ceases to make me laugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    June 2009
    4,053 Posts
    Dear god, at the end...Was that a sequel?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)