1. Post #1
    Aiden Neely was accused of being a bully at his school, Salinas Elementary School, near San Antonio, Texas. His kindergarten teacher came up with a creative way to put an end to the alleged bullying. The teacher is accused of having 24 other students in the class line up and slap Neely one-by-one.
    “He was hit on the head, in the face, on the back. And all the kids hit him twice,” said Amy Neely, the boy’s mother. “He had friends in that class, and friends didn’t want to hit him, but the teacher instructed them to hit him.”
    The incident occurred in early May, but Neely was not informed about it until weeks later when the principal called.
    “The teacher told him not to tell us,” said Neely. “My stomach was in knots. It was horrible.”
    The Judson Independent School District fired the teacher accused of hatching the most unusual anti-bullying lesson. She has been charged, along with another teacher who allegedly failed to report the incident, with a misdemeanor, according to the chief of the school district’s police.
    District officials have not identified either teacher.
    “We are doing everything we can to make sure that these kinds of incidents don’t happen again,” said district spokesman Steve Linscomb.
    The misdemeanor charge is official oppression. In Texas, it amounts to a public servant who misuses their position. It’s not enough for Neely, who wants to make sure the teacher can never step foot inside another classroom again.
    “I just want to make sure that she isn’t able to teach again,” said Neely. “I just want to make sure that justice is served for Aiden.”
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-slap-her-son/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Friendly Friendly x 34Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    I paid $999.99 for a forum upgrade and all I got was a beating from my mother :(
    February 2005
    16,996 Posts
    I remember when a PE teacher at my local middle school ordered the students to throw soft balls at a kid cowering in a corner during dodgeball.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Funny x 75Friendly x 12Winner x 2Informative x 1Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    USER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY - RETRY CONNECTION IN 5 MINUTES
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Good job, stop bullying by using institutionalized bullying. That solves the problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,043 Posts
    Battle Royale!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,495 Posts
    Is that the same kid who's dad sent him to school with a hidden recorder?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6

August 2007
    318 Posts
    Is that the same kid who's dad sent him to school with a hidden recorder?
    No, that kid was autistic and had abuse shouted at him by the teacher, who came to work on the phone while drunk, talking about drinking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    806 Posts
    Well, I could see the reasoning behind it but their method is kinda odd.. I mean I'd say to a kid that had problems with a bully to fight back if the bully wouldn't stop because at that point the bully has a problem and the only way to solve it is to take action for yourself. Most kids now-a-days aren't tough as my generation it seems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,911 Posts
    I think if you're being bullied you have every right to fight back. This whole 'run and find a teacher' mentality doesn't wash with me. There will not always be a policeman ten feet away to help you out.

But getting the whole class to gang up doesn't seem right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

9. Post #9
    January 2010
    3,532 Posts
    Good job, stop bullying by using institutionalized bullying. That solves the problem.
    it did in this case

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,190 Posts
    I see what you're saying, but most of the time when a bully pushes someone to far and the victim fights back the bully stops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    I see what you're saying, but most of the time when a bully pushes someone to far and the victim fights back the bully stops.
    This wasn't self defense. This was a person in authority inhumanely subjecting a fucking child to physical humiliation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,364 Posts
    Did he say to them "if he's hitting you, hit him right back" or did he actually say "everybody beat the shit out of that kid"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts
    Did he say to them "if he's hitting you, hit him right back" or did he actually say "everybody beat the shit out of that kid"?
    more like "everybody walk up and hit him"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,455 Posts
    I remember how my teachers always joked about doing this kind of thing.
    But to hear it actually happening, damn.

Bad way to solve the issue.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,979 Posts
    The kid had friends in the class who didn't want to hit him, but the teacher told them to hit him anyway.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    15,042 Posts
    This wasn't self defense. This was a person in authority inhumanely subjecting a fucking child to physical humiliation.
    Being a bully IS a position of authority.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,879 Posts
    it doesn't take a genius to tell them this wasn't a good way of going about taking care of a bully

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Being a bully IS a position of authority.
    Did I say anything that implied it isn't? Or were you just adding on?

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    15,042 Posts
    Did I say anything that implied it isn't? Or were you just adding on?
    You're countering a counter.

The teacher used his/her position of power to remove the bully's.

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts

The teacher used his/her position of power to bully a child.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    15,042 Posts
    The teacher used his/her position of power to bully a child.
    Were you actually ever bullied as a child?

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Were you actually ever bullied as a child?
    Does it matter?

Edited:

You are just dancing around the issue without addressing the fact that the teacher actually bullied a child.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,867 Posts

Through a form of physical (and honestly psychological as well) abuse. I would expect much better from a person being placed in charge of children.

I mean, Christ, these children are in kindergarten for fucks sake. I wouldn't expect them to know what the hell bullying is, much less why it's wrong. If the first thing you jump to to take away power from a bully, a bully who is around the age of 5, is physical abuse, you should find employment elsewhere as you're clearly too fucking stupid to teach children.

As someone who has spent the last 6 months working with children only slightly older than the ones in this article, there are much better ways to stop bullying in its tracks than having the child be abused by his classmates. Children at that age aren't likely to go against the will of an authority, tell them to stop and outline consequences if they fail to do so and they'll stay in line. You're supposed to be motivating the class to get along and work together, not ostracizing one student.

And regarding the whole "countering a counter". I could see how you could say that a bully holds a form of authority over their victim. That being said, the expectations one has of a bully and the expectations one has of a teacher are drastically different. If you see a bully as someone with authority, you're expecting them to use that authority to cause harm. A teacher, however, is expected to use their authority in a constructive manner. Just because one authority acts in a cruel manner, doesn't mean the other should be able to do so as well.

And I would disagree with calling a bully someone with authority. They have no real authority other than what they have created for themselves and what their victim grants them due to fear and intimidation. That authority can vanish in an instant if someone who is granted actual authority, such as a teacher or a law enforcer, steps in to eliminate the fear and intimidation.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,892 Posts
    No, that kid was autistic and had abuse shouted at him by the teacher, who came to work on the phone while drunk, talking about drinking.
    She wasn't drunk she was hungover.

25. Post #25
    February 2009
    310 Posts
    Oh wow I remember when I was in Kindergarten some kid would kick people for no reason, so whenever he did kick one of us our teacher would hold him let us kick him back. I wonder if she still is a teacher.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,428 Posts
    Some kid drew a small line on my face with a board pen once so a dinner lady forced me to draw on his face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,012 Posts
    o wait lol

well anyways that's a pretty horrible experience for that kid

i understand a teacher saying "hit back" but when the teacher forces a gang beating onto one kid that's fucked up

28. Post #28
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,672 Posts
    I'm going to have to agree with yawmen in saying that this is basically the teacher being a bully against a student. The fact that the student himself was (supposedly) a bully has no impact.

Bullying, at least how I define it, is abusing the power one has over another.

In the case of student-student bullying, the power may be physical or psychological - the bully may be bigger than their victims, and the bully may be scary or intimidating to their victims. Both are forms of power.

In the case of teacher-student bullying, as in this case, the power is authorative - the teacher is given the authority to look over the children and see to their education. The teacher, in this case, abused that power by using his authority to have the students hit the student-bully.

I don't really see how someone could argue that the teacher wasn't being a bully, unless they have a different definition of bully. But with the definition as I described, then there's really no room for negotiation here: the teacher used his power to bully another student.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    April 2010
    3,815 Posts
    Sounds like a good and moderately funny way to punish the classroom bully.

Too bad pussy society and sacred life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Also, does anyone find it kind of weird that the teacher is being charged with "official oppression", which is a misdeamenor?

I'm not saying the teacher deserves anything worse or not, but I find it funny that the crime of oppression is simply a misdemeanor. You would think that us Americans, Texans in particular, would have capital punishment for allegedly oppressing someone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,303 Posts

Yeah dude society isn't cool with a bunch of five year-olds gang-beating a classmate, what pussies!!!

Moron.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    January 2012
    84 Posts
    I remember when a PE teacher at my local middle school ordered the students to throw soft balls at a kid cowering in a corner during dodgeball.
    builds character

33. Post #33
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,407 Posts

Yeah let's teach these kids a valuable lesson in how revenge is better the more asymmetric it is, and how you can get crowds to do things you want them to do through misinformation and abuse of power. That'll make them man the fuck up, screw society!

34. Post #34
    April 2010
    3,815 Posts
    Yeah dude society isn't cool with a bunch of five year-olds gang-beating a classmate, what pussies!!!

Moron.
    Is there something wrong with thinking the punishment was tolerable and that society is too soft for not being able to handle it?

I'm not a moron.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    January 2012
    739 Posts
    I'm not a moron.
    I disagree, since I quite clearly note you wrote

Is there something wrong with thinking the punishment was tolerable and that society is too soft for not being able to handle it?
    which is the second most retarded thing I have read today, (And I've been talking to sanius and lankist, so that's some achievement)

(User was banned for this post ("Persistently trolling other users (even when irrelevant to the discussion), consistently banned, bad poster etc. last chance" - Starpluck))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Dennab
    February 2006
    22,239 Posts
    Yea, there is.

37. Post #37
    March 2010
    5,092 Posts

Did anyone consider the possibiltiy that the kid lied about the other kid hitting him?

Speaking from anecdotal experience, this happened to me a few times when I was in elementary school. Didn't retaliate since I became dumbfounded at the fact that a person could lie to authority without being nervous.

38. Post #38
    SJW 4 lyfe
    December 2009
    7,303 Posts
    I'm not a moron.
    If that's true then I'm King of Westeros.

I hope it's not true, that Throne hurts like hell.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,920 Posts
    Our math-teacher in High-School had an amusing habit of pointing at a student and saying "Look at him! Look at him and laugh!" when someone got the most simple math-question wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    May 2010
    10,941 Posts
    Not only is this cruel and abusive, it's just plain no fun.

If you're going to beat a bully up, it should be retaliatory and you should do it. If revenge is institutional then it's not even fun, it's just sad.

I mean if you're going to be cruel and abuse your authority, throw the bully and the victim in a pit and give the victim a cestus and a gladiator's helmet. I mean if you're going to go, go the whole way at least.