1. Post #41
    Gold Member

August 2007
    2,992 Posts
    It reminds me of a car from a movie or game but I can't put my finger on it.

2. Post #42
    September 2009
    2,277 Posts
    He's not bad as a person and he's actually quite smart, but FUCK his music is shit and so are his designs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    The car could do with a different color and maybe front.

4. Post #44
    LOL
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,070 Posts
    How in the fuck does not wanting to drive that make somebody pretentious? It's kind of the opposite. Look up the meaning of pretentious.
    can you stop talking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    can you stop talking
    Why? Because I understand English?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,104 Posts
    How in the fuck does not wanting to drive that make somebody pretentious? It's kind of the opposite. Look up the meaning of pretentious.
    It's really only pretentious because most of the people who are saying it looks ridiculous are only saying that because it was made by Will.I.Am. They don't like the car because they don't like the car itself, they don't like the car because they don't like the Black Eyed Peas. Of course there are people who genuinely hate the car because they think it looks dumb, but being on the internet if the general opinion on a thread is "it looks like crap" people will go with the status quo and join in with the hate.

Edited:

Why? Because I understand English?
    C'mon man, don't be a dick. Same to you, Cloak.

7. Post #47
    It's really only pretentious because most of the people who are saying it looks ridiculous are only saying that because it was made by Will.I.Am. They don't like the car because they don't like the car itself, they don't like the car because they don't like the Black Eyed Peas. Of course there are people who genuinely hate the car because they think it looks dumb, but being on the internet if the general opinion on a thread is "it looks like crap" people will go with the status quo and join in with the hate.
    I am saying it's stupid because I'm tired of all this boughey flashy bullshit that the celebrities flaunt around. It's all artificial horse shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,104 Posts
    I am saying it's stupid because I'm tired of all this boughey flashy bullshit that the celebrities flaunt around. It's all artificial horse shit.
    In this case, it really isn't flashy bullshit. What Will.I.Am was attempting to do was create an auto company to build those cars in Los Angeles to bring jobs back to America and help out his home city.

He didn't create his own car to drive around in and show up to clubs with to flaunt his fame and wealth, he created his own car to help the american economy.

Edited:

He was out driving the car because he's trying to promote the image of his car to persuade people that they may want a car like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #49
    In this case, it really isn't flashy bullshit. What Will.I.Am was attempting to do was create an auto company to build those cars in Los Angeles to bring jobs back to America and help out his home city.

He didn't create his own car to drive around in and show up to clubs with to flaunt his fame and wealth, he created his own car to help the american economy.

Edited:

He was out driving the car because he's trying to promote the image of his car to persuade people that they may want a car like that.
    You think this isn't flashy? What are you smoking?

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,104 Posts
    You think this isn't flashy? What are you smoking?
    I'm not saying it isn't flashy, i'm saying it's not "flashy bullshit" as you were saying. It's not for his own personal gain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    I'm not saying it isn't flashy, i'm saying it's not "flashy bullshit" as you were saying. It's not for his own personal gain.
    Sure, it isn't but it sure as shit promotes the idea.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    3,458 Posts
    Smells like a publicity stunt to get these cars noticed if you ask me... The whole thing sounds too fishy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,104 Posts
    I found this after googling.
    Also within doing research it turns out that the car is built using only OEM Chrysler parts.

Edited:

Sure, it isn't but it sure as shit promotes the idea.
    The point is to get the cars noticed. He wants to build them IN AMERICA and bring JOBS to our festering ECONOMY.
    But you know what? You're right. Why should we build these flashy cars, let's tell will to call the whole thing off, we don't need the business and the jobs. In fact, let's take the prototype and throw it in a tire fire lit by burning $100 bills to make sure this thing never helps out the jobless americans.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    3,458 Posts
    anyone got pics of back?

15. Post #55
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,390 Posts
    Question is, can someone tell me anything about its chassis, suspension, or powertrain? I'm getting the impression that its nothing spectacular.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    April 2012
    3,381 Posts
    make it electric
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,239 Posts
    Question is, can someone tell me anything about its chassis, suspension, or powertrain? I'm getting the impression that its nothing spectacular.
    i dunno where you're getting an impression of anything, there's only been pictures so far
    but that guy earlier said it's a combo of a delorean and a dodge challenger, so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,720 Posts
    Doesn't that mean that you're a pretentious asshole if you build your own home and design it exactly how you want it? What you're argument seems to come down to is that because he's trying to be different he's somehow an asshole.

If I ever have an obscene amount of money I'm totally gonna have my own home built that'd probably look 'flashy' and ridiculous to most people, and I'm totally gonna have a car custom built to suit me. If I ever get the money I'm gonna have the things in my life made the way I want them so that they look cool to me and work the way I want them to - I'm not gonna rely on some concept artist, or architect designing something that I'll just happen to enjoy.

19. Post #59
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    wasn't william trying to start a car company with his horrific fucking car designs

it's literally just one of those texas-made repros of the delorean with a shit body

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,663 Posts
    I wouldn't want to drive a flashy car it'd probably get stolen or keyed all the time, and you'd constantly have to make awkward smalltalk with people asking about it.

21. Post #61
    Reminds me of Pimp my Ride.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    That car looks horrible.
    A few subtle changes and it'd look accceptable, but... it just looks, somehow... fragile. And the wheels are wrong too.

Edited:

The rims are too big.

23. Post #63
    BroDuck's Buttslut
    January 2011
    5,243 Posts
    In my opinion it looks way too boxy.
    Other than that its a nice car.

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,703 Posts
    It looks like it doesn't belong in the modern world. Not that it's an abomination, but it looks like something an alien would drive one hundred years into the future. Which might be your thing, but the looks are too radical. There's not a curve on that whole damn body. It's like it's made out of Lego.

25. Post #65
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    As you may recall, the car, shown above, is the first from Will.I.am's new company, IAMAUTO. The prototype creation is understood to use pieces borrowed a donor Delorean and a Dodge Challenger and was built by the team at West Coast Customs. Will.i.am hopes to start serial production of the car near where he grew up in Los Angeles as a way to give jobs back to his hard luck community.
    Same quote from another poster on the first page, different highlight.

26. Post #66
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    It looks like it doesn't belong in the modern world. Not that it's an abomination, but it looks like something an alien would drive one hundred years into the future. Which might be your thing, but the looks are too radical. There's not a curve on that whole damn body. It's like it's made out of Lego.
    It doesn't look like an amorphous blob like most modern cars, its quite unique.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,337 Posts
    I like the low-poly retro look of that car. The white color is a turn-off though. Makes it look like a children's toy.

28. Post #68
    November 2007
    1,610 Posts
    Different headlights on that car would make it look infinitely better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #69
    Dennab
    May 2007
    1,218 Posts
    Not the smartest thing, but do you honestly think a couple grand to him is anything but pocket change? Jay-z says it best "What's 50 grand to a nigga like me, can you please remind me?"

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,337 Posts
    Not the smartest thing, but do you honestly think a couple grand to him is anything but pocket change? Jay-z says it best "What's 50 grand to a nigga like me, can you please remind me?"
    It's not like all rappers are insanely rich. They mostly just pretend to be.
    The reason the likes of Jay-Z, P-Diddy and Birdman are so rich is because they own record labels and have made a lot of other artists popular.

31. Post #71
    August 2008
    1,455 Posts
    yo fuck the police yo i dont need no papers yo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #72

August 2007
    318 Posts
    How the hell can you do that to a Delorean? They are perfectly cool as stock.
    He's got a pretty sweet ride.

Well, had.

33. Post #73
    February 2010
    16,311 Posts
    The bodywork of the car reminds me of the Mustang GT.

34. Post #74
    March 2009
    2,448 Posts
    Maybe, but you're making an assumption there that people don't think it's ugly just because it is(at least in their eyes). I think it looks pretty bad, and I have no idea who will.i.am is or what his music sounds like.

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,201 Posts
    I just watched the episode of Top Gear with him on it yesterday. He talked about this exact car and everything. I fucking hate the Black Eyed Peas, but Will is a bit of an interesting person.

I can't figure out why he has a problem getting it registered. It shouldn't be a problem. What, does he really not want to take like an hour to get it registered?

36. Post #76
    ANGLES TOO POINTY

0/10 WOULD NOT DRIVE

37. Post #77
    August 2009
    9,400 Posts
    At least it doesn't look like it has a pair of breasts unlike the multipla

It looks like one of those "futuristic" matchbox cars that came from the 60s