1. Post #3561
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    10,837 Posts
    Where is everyone at in the FP server?
    It's night time and the server just restarted for maintenance, so not much people will be on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #3562
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,434 Posts
    I am in Lopatino and in dire need of morphine. Please respond.

Edited:

I'll ask again tomorrow since I am done for the day.

3. Post #3563
    March 2012
    794 Posts
    Where is everyone at in the FP server?
    Night time, so everyone went to day servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3564
    Dennab
    June 2012
    896 Posts
    Wow, this was my first day in DayZ, and it is excellent. My first lives weren't so long and prosperous, but once I got a hatchet, I went on a zombie killing spree. I killed one survivor who didn't respond to what I said, but then I died. However, I managed to find a Lee-Enfield and scavenge some more, but then I died from a bandit. So far, it's great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

5. Post #3565
    There aren't a lot of games that can make you say that, Doctor.

"...But then I died from a bandit. So far, it's great."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #3566
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,699 Posts
    I certainly hope side chat doesn't get re-enabled on the FP server. It ruins the whole feel of isolation in the game. Leave the annoying chat for the mumble.
    Plus it caters to both wants this way. You don't want side chat? Good! It's not on. You want it? Go to the mumble! Same effect!

I couldn't really care about crosshairs, since the server hasn't had them on once, so I've gotten used to no crosshairs.

But third person, as much as I use it and love it, I think it should be disabled. It is incredibly amazing, and yes, technically, since everyone has the ability to turn it on there is no unfair advantage against other players, you still gain an unfair advantage over the game. You can easily see over hills, into buildings, over ledges, around corners, and it also ruins the "zombie survival" aspect of things.

And no, I'm not one of those "hardcore or you're a baby" guys. DayZ isn't even that hard, the only reason it is hard is because of the zombies pants on head retarded zig zag pathing system, and bugs and bullshit like 1 hit broken legs and 1 hit bleeding out from 12000 to 0.

And have you guys even spent a large amount of time in first person? It's fucking amazing. It gets you immersed into the game so quickly it's not even funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #3567
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,720 Posts
    stop fucking whining you little bitch it's not enabled for fuck sakes

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 11Funny x 2Agree x 2Artistic x 2Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #3568
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,699 Posts
    Hey, eat a dick, I haven't been on the server in a couple of days, and based on all the other arguing I wasn't sure if the "voting" was over yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3569
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    10,837 Posts
    I certainly hope side chat doesn't get re-enabled on the FP server. It ruins the whole feel of isolation in the game. Leave the annoying chat for the mumble.
    Plus it caters to both wants this way. You don't want side chat? Good! It's not on. You want it? Go to the mumble! Same effect!

I couldn't really care about crosshairs, since the server hasn't had them on once, so I've gotten used to no crosshairs.

But third person, as much as I use it and love it, I think it should be disabled. It is incredibly amazing, and yes, technically, since everyone has the ability to turn it on there is no unfair advantage against other players, you still gain an unfair advantage over the game. You can easily see over hills, into buildings, over ledges, around corners, and it also ruins the "zombie survival" aspect of things.

And no, I'm not one of those "hardcore or you're a baby" guys. DayZ isn't even that hard, the only reason it is hard is because of the zombies pants on head retarded zig zag pathing system, and bugs and bullshit like 1 hit broken legs and 1 hit bleeding out from 12000 to 0.

And have you guys even spent a large amount of time in first person? It's fucking amazing. It gets you immersed into the game so quickly it's not even funny.
    you arent forced to read sidechat you know

10. Post #3570
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,074 Posts

Does anyone else get this, or is it just my computer being an asshole?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

11. Post #3571
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,206 Posts
    I think it's time to contact the team
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #3572
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    6,449 Posts
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Whenever I try to install the Beta so I can then install DayZ I get the error "Wrong CD KEY"

A Google search has just come up with people with the same problem and no answer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

13. Post #3573
    Well, that was a little over the top.

I personally agree with That Ninja. The immersion from first person is amazing, and the ability to talk to only those within 20-30 meters makes for more fun and immersion. But all of this is in my opinion of course, and I do not want to engage in your discussion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #3574
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,306 Posts

Does anyone else get this, or is it just my computer being an asshole?
    I get it with Opera too. If I open it with Firefox or god forbid IE then it's fine.

not sure why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3575
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,074 Posts
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Whenever I try to install the Beta so I can then install DayZ I get the error "Wrong CD KEY"

A Google search has just come up with people with the same problem and no answer
    Close steam, run it as administrator, start Arma 2, go into a mission/tutorial, quit, do the same with Operation Arrowhead, and it should work.

At least that's what seems to have fixed it for a few friends of mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #3576
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,699 Posts
    you arent forced to read sidechat you know
    Think of it like..

You know when you're in a game, and that one guy/people keep messaging you. So, you don't have to shift+tab to chat back, or even look at the notification in the corner, but it keeps popping up, annoying you.

Except with DayZ it's more on the screen, and then there are people that accidentally/on purpose use their mic in side chat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #3577
    October 2011
    1,747 Posts
    I really want this but I don't want to pay 30 dollars just for a mod

I think 15 would be more reasonable, but then again, I don't make the prices
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #3578
    Think of it like..

You know when you're in a game, and that one guy/people keep messaging you. So, you don't have to shift+tab to chat back, or even look at the notification in the corner, but it keeps popping up, annoying you.

Except with DayZ it's more on the screen, and then there are people that accidentally/on purpose use their mic in side chat.
    Turn interface down to Small or very small.

19. Post #3579
    April 2008
    58 Posts
    I really want this but I don't want to pay 30 dollars just for a mod

I think 15 would be more reasonable, but then again, I don't make the prices
    Just wait for the summer steam sale - I'm sure it will come down to that price.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #3580
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,699 Posts
    Think of it like..

Or, an even better analogy I thought of.

It's like, if your friend/roommate/parent(s) wanted to masturbate in the room you were in. You're saying I wouldn't have to participate, or even watch them do it, I could just ignore them.

OR, they could go into another room, and fap in peace, without bother anyone, except for people that willingly went into that room to fap as well.

Analogies are fun.

21. Post #3581
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,502 Posts
    Or, an even better analogy I thought of.

It's like, if your friend/roommate/parent(s) wanted to masturbate in the room you were in. You're saying I wouldn't have to participate, or even watch them do it, I could just ignore them.

OR, they could go into another room, and fap in peace, without bother anyone, except for people that willingly went into that room to fap as well.

Analogies are fun.
    I don't think i would have as much of a problem playing DayZ with my mom as i would masturbating with her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #3582
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,206 Posts
    I don't think i would have as much of a problem playing DayZ with my mom as i would masturbating with her.
    Yeah I would definitely never play DayZ with my family they would be so annoying and hard to backstab
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

23. Post #3583
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,047 Posts
    Well, that was a little over the top.

I personally agree with That Ninja. The immersion from first person is amazing, and the ability to talk to only those within 20-30 meters makes for more fun and immersion. But all of this is in my opinion of course, and I do not want to engage in your discussion.
    I love immersion as much as the next guy, but how much immersion someone else wants should never have to intersect with other people's fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

24. Post #3584
    June 2010
    5,470 Posts
    Why do people fight over video games?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #3585
    Difference of opinion usually leads to clashing of (Usually bloated)egos. This is true for most people, which you can see in politics, in the workplace, even on the bus. It's kind of sad, isn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #3586
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,302 Posts
    We have our reasons, mainly because this is a game that is heavily based on PvP combat so losing rare stuff pisses a few people off, therefore arguments.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #3587
    June 2010
    5,470 Posts
    We have our reasons, mainly because this is a game that is heavily based on PvP combat so losing rare stuff pisses a few people off, therefore arguments.
    But it's just pixels, and it's not like you can never get the items back because the DayZ god forbids it or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #3588
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts
    Tonight was a good night. Managed to find a map, military flash light, new hatchet, Cayote pack, G17 with 5 mags, Scoped M14 with 5 mags, 2 morphine. I also was able to keep an AKM with 3 clips as well as silenced ammo; MP5SD, M9SD, and Stanag SD. Sadly my room for food and other supplies is much tighter now.

I still need to find some night vision goggles so that my night raids are easier, work ending at 1am means night time only play decently often. The G17's flashlight helps lots though. GPS or a compass would also make life easier.

29. Post #3589
    June 2010
    5,470 Posts
    Difference of opinion usually leads to clashing of (Usually bloated)egos. This is true for most people, which you can see in politics, in the workplace, even on the bus. It's kind of sad, isn't it?
    Difference of opinion is what starts wars and gets people killed, but fighting can't be stopped because if everyone had the same opinions and beliefs then we'd all be essentially machines, programmed to do what we are told.

The sad part is difference of opinion is like having to take a dump when you're in the middle of something, it can't be stopped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #3590
    I suggest you guys take a break from DayZ for awhile.. BE has been bypassed for the last couple days.. there was a BE update today but its not that hard to change one line in darky's BE bypass.

31. Post #3591
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,056 Posts
    Zombies broke my legs through a door, grabbed an axe killed the zombies and crawled from all the way from the western end of cherno to the hospital.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #3592
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,502 Posts
    But it's just pixels, and it's not like you can never get the items back because the DayZ god forbids it or something.
    It isn't just pixels it is our time.
    It isn't like just spawn and have all the items you want you have to go searching for them.

33. Post #3593
    Difference of opinion is what starts wars and gets people killed, but fighting can't be stopped because if everyone had the same opinions and beliefs then we'd all be essentially machines, programmed to do what we are told.

The sad part is difference of opinion is like having to take a dump when you're in the middle of something, it can't be stopped.
    Good point, but the thing about online forums is that no one has any discussion etiquette or are just downright mean. You can always walk away from a discussion, but then you'd be considered the "loser" and who wants that?

People just need to be nicer, accept that people have different opinions and move on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

34. Post #3594
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    3,999 Posts
    who was shooting like a maniac near krasnostav earlier?

also, who's camp is this?

It was mine before we moved all the weapons to another server
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

35. Post #3595
    April 2010
    1,382 Posts
    I suggest you guys take a break from DayZ for awhile.. BE has been bypassed for the last couple days.. there was a BE update today but its not that hard to change one line in darky's BE bypass.
    Battle Eye is crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

36. Post #3596
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    774 Posts
    After seeing the drama that erupted after the (short-lived) release of the singleplayer mission file, I decided to look into hosting details. They're ridiculously fucking strict, to the point that paying to host a server seems more a nuisance than anything else. Before it became so popular, they demanded that server providers be willing to divulge remote connection info at their request, or else lose their server's "valid" status. What's the point of hosting if you are given absolute minimum flexibility and have to cater to the developer's every wish in order to maintain what little control you do have?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #3597
    i am the mango master
    June 2011
    866 Posts
    After seeing the drama that erupted after the (short-lived) release of the singleplayer mission file, I decided to look into hosting details. They're ridiculously fucking strict, to the point that paying to host a server seems more a nuisance than anything else. Before it became so popular, they demanded that server providers be willing to divulge remote connection info at their request, or else lose their server's "valid" status. What's the point of hosting if you are given absolute minimum flexibility and have to cater to the developer's every wish in order to maintain what little control you do have?
    Yeah. I read the rules and my mouth was agape the entire time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

38. Post #3598
    January 2011
    699 Posts
    why hasnt there been a dayz update in a while? i hope theyre working on making zombies spawn less or fixing the loot spawns

39. Post #3599
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,580 Posts
    im gonna fucking rage in a moment. My mic doesn't work on it but it works fine on skype. I DON'T GET THIS SHIT. Teamspeak is better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

40. Post #3600
    I could host a Teamspeak 3 server quite easily but everyone already uses mumble, and mumble is far superior.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)