1. Post #8401
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,513 Posts
    By the way guys, am I right in thinking that desync issues are part of the 1.7.2 update?

It's the first version I've ever played, but while my friends don't experience it much, I get it a lot. When I'm trying to play with them, I'll get the yellow or red chain icon on screen and they will run on the spot, or run forwards forever, and they will see me doing the same.
    I get this problem on multiple servers.

Was it the same in previous versions or is it new in 1.7.2?
    It is a problem my end?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #8402
    May 2010
    6,690 Posts
    finding animals is very very easy, just stick to a road and look for the big white spots on the sides with your GPS, scan them and half the time you'll find an animal

or you can go commando and hunt rabbits in the forest with a crossbow

Personally I think the forest needs more life in it, how about some deer here and there and the occasional angry bear that'll take a beating but yield two backpacks' worth of meat or some EXTREME BEAR MEAT that regains 1600 blood a piece or something
    Oh god, no bears please. I mean, can you even imagine? You're strolling around with your mak or crowbar or whatever and A FUCKING BEAR comes out of the trees. You'd be so fucked. DayZ is all about realism, remember?

Imagine if Rocket coded in fucking wolves and shit. Pack predators. Hiked into the woods to get away from the zombies? You just found something a lot worse. Or rather, it found you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #8403
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,303 Posts
    Oh god, no bears please. I mean, can you even imagine? You're strolling around with your mak or crowbar or whatever and A FUCKING BEAR comes out of the trees. You'd be so fucked. DayZ is all about realism, remember?

Imagine if Rocket coded in fucking wolves and shit. Pack predators. Hiked into the woods to get away from the zombies? You just found something a lot worse. Or rather, it found you.
    Rocket would end up (accidentally) making the bear's run speed the same as zombies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

4. Post #8404
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,010 Posts
    chicken zombs pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

5. Post #8405
    December 2009
    329 Posts
    So i downloaded that latest beta patch, now i can only play on only like 6 russian servers and before i did that everything was fine. How do i fix dat?

inb4 reinstall, i dont feel like downloading 8gb again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

6. Post #8406
    July 2010
    3,640 Posts
    Bird Zombies, fuck all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #8407
    June 2008
    3,330 Posts
    So i downloaded that latest beta patch, now i can only play on only like 6 russian servers and before i did that everything was fine. How do i fix dat?

inb4 reinstall, i dont feel like downloading 8gb again.
    Just downgrade the beta patch, Chernarus mentioned the latest was incremented to 1.61 which breaks compatibility with 1.60 servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8408
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    8,671 Posts
    Was at 3800 blood with no food, went and hunted some animals, put up a fire, cooked food, got back to 12000.

Feels good man. Playing with all them bloodloss status effects is annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #8409
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,514 Posts
    Was at 9k blood 1 zombie 1 hits me knocks me out. I'm like fuck this, I quit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #8410
    February 2007
    8,671 Posts
    I hope the zombie attack animations will change. Because right now, if someone attacked me like that in real life I'd go like "Ow, the fuck you doing, ouch, stop"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #8411
    Gold Member

February 2010
    1,244 Posts
    Everytime my favorite server crashes, I end up with another m249 with 4 belts.

So far I have 4 m249 with over 3200 bullets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #8412
    IDIOT WHO IS NEVER FUNNY AND CANT UNDER STAND WHEN NOT WANTED
    September 2006
    5,882 Posts
    Zombies keep wrecking my shit. I'm trying to loot towns but most of the houses can't be opened. When I DO get into a house, zombies follow me in and I end up cornered. I have to run through a wall of zombies to escape and they hit me and cause me to bleed. I climbed up a lighthouse and jumped off the rails cause I lost so much blood and wasted my bandage.

Tips for fucking zombies up or just getting past them? They chase me for miles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #8413
    January 2011
    699 Posts
    Everytime my favorite server crashes, I end up with another m249 with 4 belts.

So far I have 4 m249 with over 3200 bullets.
    what server would this be..?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #8414
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    Zombies keep wrecking my shit. I'm trying to loot towns but most of the houses can't be opened. When I DO get into a house, zombies follow me in and I end up cornered. I have to run through a wall of zombies to escape and they hit me and cause me to bleed. I climbed up a lighthouse and jumped off the rails cause I lost so much blood and wasted my bandage.

Get down low and go, go, go!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #8415
    February 2007
    8,671 Posts

Don't even bother entering houses with just one exit. Run in bigger ones like a pub, pick up what you need and keep going. Make use of how Zombies can't run in buildings, and they lack any navigational skills.

Also
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

16. Post #8416
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,124 Posts
    First time playing and i'm closely following a crawling zombie for well over 20 minutes thinking it was another player at night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 27Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #8417
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    6,139 Posts
    First time playing and i'm closely following a crawling zombie for well over 20 minutes thinking it was another player at night.
    I found you in the supermarket with a crossbow and threw 20 flares at you.

You ran away :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #8418
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,513 Posts
    It takes forever for me to join a game, I get "waiting for character to create" and sometimes just "loading"
    Is this normal?

Can someone please answer?

19. Post #8419
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,382 Posts
    I don't understand how Zeds cannot enter buildings. I've had a few cases where I've ran into a house and theyve followed me in. Does it depend on the type of building?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #8420
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,124 Posts
    I found you in the supermarket with a crossbow and threw 20 flares at you.

You ran away :(
    lmao, thanks for the light show. there was one zombie in the back right next to the door that spooked me and I bolted right out.

21. Post #8421
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    I don't understand how Zeds cannot enter buildings. I've had a few cases where I've ran into a house and theyve followed me in. Does it depend on the type of building?
    Zeds can enter buildings. They just walk inside.

22. Post #8422
    I think I patched the server to the the latest alpha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #8423
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    I am really confused right now.
    The server is running 1.7.2.1 and Six Updater won't give me it, I only have 1.7.2

24. Post #8424
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,303 Posts
    I am really confused right now.
    The server is running 1.7.2.1 and Six Updater won't give me it, I only have 1.7.2
    Use manual install, it's much easier and more reliable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #8425
    February 2007
    8,671 Posts
    Was the Ghillie suit issue fixed in 1.7.2.1?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #8426
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    6,139 Posts
    I updated and I'm on the FP server.

It feels lonely in Elektro. There's like 5 zombies :(

27. Post #8427
    June 2012
    1,935 Posts
    It takes forever for me to join a game, I get "waiting for character to create" and sometimes just "loading"
    Is this normal?

Can someone please answer?
    Patience, young one

You must achieve inner harmony and blah blah blah to get DayZ to finish loading

In all seriousness though if it takes more than 5mins at that little loading thing just find another server

Also, unrelated, is it just me or did 90% of the Seattle servers disappear?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #8428
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,303 Posts
    Was the Ghillie suit issue fixed in 1.7.2.1?
    HOTFIX : 10 JULY 2012

Affected addons:
    * dayz_code 1.7.2.1
    * dayz_anim 0.3.1
    * dayz_server (only for servers)

Developer's Note:

Changelog:
    * [FIXED] Infected attack those they cannot see ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36375 )
    * [FIXED] Wearing clothes makes you invisible ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/36371 )
    * [FIXED] New authentication method causing lockups on full servers (Reverted use of publicVariableServer)
    * [FIXED] Pressing ALT key caused spamming of server sync ( No longer spams for sync'ing a character )
    It appears that only the invisibility issue with different outfits is fixed, not the inventory wipe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

29. Post #8429
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,514 Posts
    I don't really agree with that quick start. If your alone you don't need more than 1 blood bag. Also my concern when starting a new is 2x Canned Food, 2x Water or Soda, 1 morphine, 1 epi pen, and 1 extra bandage. I use that load out because it saves space for more supplies.

30. Post #8430
    Is it safe to use the Alpha patch?

31. Post #8431
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,303 Posts
    I don't really agree with that quick start. If your alone you don't need more than 1 blood bag. Also my concern when starting a new is 2x Canned Food, 2x Water or Soda, 1 morphine, 1 epi pen, and 1 extra bandage. I use that load out because it saves space for more supplies.
    I used to grab 3 or 4 morphine injectors partly because of legs being made of twigs in every update up to 1.7.2, now I know I can just go for 1 or 2. But the guy who made that video said that Firestations weren't worth it, they are most of the time, you can find medium-tier weaponry most of the time, such as Remington's, AK's and M1014.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #8432
    Like can I use my Ghillie on the alpha then when the official one comes out I'll be safe :ohdear:

33. Post #8433
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,808 Posts
    I just grab as many morphine as possible, as well as bloodbags. If it happens that I need more space for supplies, I just drop that shit on the ground. I usually always find an ALICE pack as well before I go to the Hospital/Tents.

I also highly prioritize finding an Axe so I can stealthkill zombies when looting, a knife for hunting and matches for grilling meat. Then I won't need any food supplies. I also prioritize (of course) two or three canteens in case I'm lost and I can't find water
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #8434
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,303 Posts
    Like can I use my Ghillie on the alpha then when the official one comes out I'll be safe :ohdear:
    I wouldn't recommend putting any outfit on right now, 1.7.2 has broken that, anyone who already had an outfit BEFORE the update is invisible and anyone who puts one on AFTER the update loses all of their inventory and also becomes invisible. 1.7.2.1 is experimental and might be even buggier with the fixes they're trying.

35. Post #8435
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    Use manual install, it's much easier and more reliable.
    The manual install says it is still 1.7.2

36. Post #8436
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,303 Posts
    The manual install says it is still 1.7.2
    Are you sure you downloaded and extracted this 1.7.2.1 download?

37. Post #8437
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,808 Posts
    s-nip--y
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

38. Post #8438
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,514 Posts
    Seems the server was just recently updated.

39. Post #8439
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    Are you sure you downloaded and extracted this 1.7.2.1 download?
    This works, thanks.

40. Post #8440
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,303 Posts
    Seems the server was just recently updated.

I'm still getting the 1.7.1.5 files :c

Edited:

Oh wait, it's just that some of the mirrors haven't updated