1. Post #4601
    October 2010
    67 Posts
    Honestly, I understand this community's obsession with barbed wire more than I could ever understand why the hell someone would DDoS a goddamn mod for a game, that's still in alpha. I mean seriously, do these neckbeards just become aroused at the very thought of inconveniencing others?

Edited:

Page king with a complaint wooo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #4602
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,249 Posts
    Honestly, I understand this community's obsession with barbed wire more than I could ever understand why the hell someone would DDoS a goddamn mod for a game, that's still in alpha. I mean seriously, do these neckbeards just become aroused at the very thought of inconveniencing others?

Edited:

I think it's the "I can't have fun so nobody can" mindset. Somebody died in Cherno or got banned for hacking and now they're DDOSing the game out of anger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #4603
    October 2010
    67 Posts
    Holy shit did you read it in 3 minutes.
    I read fast c:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #4604
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,154 Posts

Edited:

Some script kiddies probably got mad when they got ambushed by bandits or something

Edited:

Woah shit ninja'd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #4605
    February 2011
    4,493 Posts
    So I am writing a story based on dayz
    Was first meant to be made together with Wolfe, but plans changed and I am writing it alone.
    Here is the prologue.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14273442/Prologue.docx

Involves autistic adventures of camp autism

The last statement is a lie and is designed to make you read it actually   
    Respoting for new page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #4606
    Shark tits are best tits
    October 2010
    1,587 Posts
    We got TheAwesomePineapple rocking guitar in mumble, come on and listen while you wait for dayz!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #4607
    October 2010
    67 Posts
    We got TheAwesomePineapple rocking guitar in mumble, come on and listen while you wait for dayz!
    Oh shit that's really good

8. Post #4608
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,047 Posts
    All we need are some countersnipers. That way we'll be able to dispatch almost all well-equipped groups that pass us by...

Unless they're so well-equipped that they have counter-countersnipers.

My God.
    When we snipe we have everyone watch everyone at different spots. Triangle groups of love
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #4609
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,154 Posts
    I'm blowing everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #4610
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,390 Posts
    I think it's the "I can't have fun so nobody can" mindset. Somebody died in Cherno or got banned for hacking and now they're DDOSing the game out of anger.
    This happens way too often now, it's really sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4611
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    I joined just for the music.

Edited:

fuck dayz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

12. Post #4612
    AKA: eightDash
    March 2008
    1,309 Posts
    Just bought Arma II. Watch as the Summer Sale launches now with it 50% off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #4613
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,208 Posts
    RE: Where hell did Rocket go?
    Im here! I just moved everything to Prague. 1.7.2 has been ongoing, in between the drama that occurs when you're trying to move in a country which you don't speak the language.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

14. Post #4614
    March 2008
    1,309 Posts
    Alright, so I just bought the steam copy of Arma II. Should I get Six Updater for to install Day Z?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #4615
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,249 Posts
    Alright, so I just bought the steam copy of Arma II. Should I get Six Updater for to install Day Z?
    Don't use the Six Updater. It's an unnecessary third person in your way to playing the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

16. Post #4616
    October 2010
    67 Posts
    Nesstea is so goddamn Canadian it hurts

Edited:

And suddenly we're all fucking batman oh god what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

17. Post #4617
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,181 Posts
    Don't use the Six Updater. It's an unnecessary third person in your way to playing the game.
    too cluttered and confusing for me aswell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #4618
    'Fashion Designer'
    August 2005
    13,838 Posts
    do or else the mod won't work even if you install it properly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #4619
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    2,104 Posts
    It's actually very easy to install and play the game without it, it isn't necessary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #4620
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,249 Posts
    I didn't bother with it and mine works flawlessly. If you can't install this without the help of that software you're retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #4621
    March 2008
    1,309 Posts
    If you can't install this without the help of that software you're retarded.
    I haven't even tried yet. Arma is still downloading.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

22. Post #4622
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    2,104 Posts
    What is that supposed to mean? Is it that hard to install the beta patch, launch both ARMAII and OA, download the DayZ files, make a folder in arma 2 operation arrowhead called @DayZ, then another one in it called Addons, drop all the unarchived files in it, go to Steam and set the launch options (-mod=@Dayz) and then launch the game as Combined Operations?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

23. Post #4623
    lol what are you smoking

i run arma 2 retail and oa on steam, no problems for me after i manually updated retail a2 to 1.11, installed the beta patch for oa and run it through the beta shortcut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

24. Post #4624
    April 2007
    193 Posts
    "Full services now restored to DayZ" -Rocket

via Twitter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #4625
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

26. Post #4626
    ARERARAGI <3
    July 2007
    408 Posts
    just use armarize instead of sixupdater, it's hilariously easier
    uses same servers too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #4627
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    [Bandit:]

Now and then I think of when we were together
    Like when you said you felt so hungry you could die
    Told myself that you would not kill me
    But felt so paranoid in your company
    But that was DayZ and it's an ache I still remember

You can get addicted to a certain kind of canned goods
    Like Heinz Baked Beans in a can, always in a can
    So when we found that we could not share beans
    Well you said that we could still be friends
    But I'll admit I was mad you fucked me over

But you didn't have to steal my beans!
    Make it out like it never happened and that we weren't buddies
    And I don't even need your beans!
    But you treat me like a bandit and it feels so rough
    No you didn't have to stoop so low!
    Have your gun aimed at my head and then blow my brains out
    I guess I don't need those beans
    Now you're just some bandit that I used to know

[Bean Bandit:]

Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over
    But had me believing it was always broken zombie detection
    But I don't wanna die that way
    "Give you all the beans," you say?
    You said you could split them up
    And I wouldn't catch you hung up on some bandit that you used to know!

[Bandit:]

But you didn't have to steal my beans!
    Make it out like it never happened and that we weren't buddies
    And I don't even need your beans!
    But you treat me like a bandit and it feels so rough
    No you didn't have to stoop so low!
    Have your gun aimed at my head and then blow my brains out
    I guess I don't need those beans

[Beautiful Bandito Duet:]

Some bandit
    (I used to know)
    Some bandit
    (Now you're just some bandit that I used to know)

(I used to know)
    (That I used to know)
    (I used to know)
    Some bandit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #4628
    Shark tits are best tits
    October 2010
    1,587 Posts
    About the six updater/launcher discussion, my operation arrowhead does not like to work, and when i use the six launcher it launches it with no problems. Whereas if i load it up via steam normally, it crashes before it even fully loads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #4629
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    585 Posts
    Instead of just playing DayZ why not you try normal ArmA II now that the DayZ servers are being DDoSed
    I did just that and was awed... by the insanely fucked up command system and UI. It must have been made with "how to create the most complicated and least intuitive controls ever" in mind. No wonder Arma wasn't exactly a huge success before DayZ.
    Played it long time ago already and now DayZ was good training for mastering the FPS part but ARMA squad command... yikes. I'd call it a total waste of money if it wouldn't be for the 220 hours I played with DayZ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #4630
    the "anti-cheat" tool has been updated, its now 100% reliable thanks to a friend. But its delayed so, still report hackers.. but once they come they will be banned thus making us one of the most secure.
    Also yeah servers up and 1.7.2 is coming tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #4631
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    I don't think I'm ready for bear traps.

Edited:

I hope they spawn more often than barbed wire and tank traps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #4632
    February 2010
    1,242 Posts
    Why does the game call it a hatchet? It is NOT a hatchet, it's an axe. A fire axe most likely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

33. Post #4633
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,618 Posts
    Fun. Moved into a private Dutch server. PVP was allowed and such. Most didn't like it, but the admin thought of it to keep the tension in, which I fully agreed with. There was side-chat, and foolishly, they chatted about meeting up in Cherno. In the mean time, I had found myself an ALICE pack, fully loaded CZ550 and 1911, and a Winchester with 60 slugs as a spare.

After some careful travel, I moved into Cherno, moved up the ladder onto one of the tallest buildings in the North, and had a blast killing them all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

34. Post #4634
    Bitch please, i am FABULOUS
    July 2008
    1,374 Posts
    Deleted my m14 by accident when i wanted to drink. Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #4635
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    585 Posts
    So I am writing a story based on dayz
    Was first meant to be made together with Wolfe, but plans changed and I am writing it alone.
    Here is the prologue.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14273442/Prologue.docx

Involves autistic adventures of camp autism

The last statement is a lie and is designed to make you read it actually   
    Honestly, having been through much fan-fic I expected worse. Your writing is pretty good for a non-native English speaker and disclosing the background piece by piece is a good idea.
    DayZ currently has no plot and story-line. Feel free to create one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events

36. Post #4636
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,704 Posts
    I'd love to write fan-fic if I wasn't a crappy writer I made some pretty horrible S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan-fic back in the day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events

37. Post #4637
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    585 Posts
    Deleted my m14 by accident when i wanted to drink. Fuck.
    Same happened to my only Bison spare mag. There must be a tag for "Tragic".

Edited:

I'd love to write fan-fic if I wasn't a crappy writer I made some pretty horrible S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan-fic back in the day.
    So what's better: slow zombies with weapons or quick but unarmed zombies?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events

38. Post #4638
    August 2009
    1,514 Posts
    The Sixupdater is clunky and slow, but its nice that it'll download the latest beta patch and Dayz patch.
    Saves me 2-3 clicks man

39. Post #4639
    August 2011
    2,314 Posts
    So if you shoot someone in the leg, it usually will break their leg won't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #4640
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,154 Posts
    Wow uh what the fuck, I'm lucky as shit right now, I found my first M24 then I was all of fuck yeaaaahh, then I found a fucking M107 jesus christ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)