1. Post #8361
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,235 Posts
    I wouldn't say it's extremely easy. It would just make for some pretty interesting situations. Like maybe someone is really low on blood and the other guy has a broken leg or something. Could potentially drive a bit of a morality discussion too. This game is all about survival and desperation.
    Like I said, all it would do is add more incentive for people to do PvP. There would be no "do I kill and eat this guy I teamed up with" because 99% of player groups are people that didn't randomly meet up in-game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #8362
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    9,057 Posts
    Whoever was in the southern airfield control tower, I got kicked because someone is using FTP in the household. High ping.

Edited:

Like I said, all it would do is add more incentive for people to do PvP. There would be no "do I kill and eat this guy I teamed up with" because 99% of player groups are people that didn't randomly meet up in-game.
    What this game needs is more incentive for players/strangers to actually work together, and make the zombies into a common threat, not just NPCs that will never do any damage to you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #8363
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    17,986 Posts
    I've been getting this "No pvp" error when I join a server, then it instantly kicks me out. It was all working before this patch but I haven't been able to get it to work since.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #8364
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,401 Posts
    Facepunch mumble is asking for a password now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #8365
    April 2007
    193 Posts
    Shamelessly stolen from Reddit

Open in a new tab if you want it to be readable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Useful Useful x 4 (list)

6. Post #8366
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    11,833 Posts
    I think that's totally up to the person. Adding in that feature wouldn't cause more incentive. People kill each other in this game because they have the possibility of having food on them, or ammo, or whatever. If you weren't a pvp oriented player before that type of feature, I highly doubt you would become one after it. I want it because it'd be realistic, would fit the tone and theme of the game, and would make random player interaction interesting past "I hope he doesn't kill me for my gun". You could develop a friendship with a random player, but what would happen if you both end up in a very desperate situation?

The teamwork incentive isn't a problem with the game, it's with the people who play. There are people who are just assholes and kill other people because they think its funny or because they're just not part of the group they're in and move on. Forcing them to play well with others isn't going to work. There's already blood transfusions that require another person, why do we NEED something else? What could you even do to make it more teamwork geared anyway? People who want to work together group up, people who don't just pvp, and they'll always be like that until THEY decide not to.

Plus, this game is supposed to be about survival and realism, that's the vision Rocket is going for. I just think it fits.

7. Post #8367
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,401 Posts
    Shamelessly stolen from Reddit

Open in a new tab if you want it to be readable.
    Oh jesus the m136 does fucking 6 million damage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

8. Post #8368
    Back in my day only cool kids had titles.
    June 2005
    5,634 Posts
    So many blood packs and yet no food or water.

Mother fucker I'm a vampire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

9. Post #8369
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    9,057 Posts
    One shot from that and Chernorus won't exist anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #8370
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,846 Posts
    Is it wrong to assume that anyone in Cherno/Elktro with a DMR is hostile?

11. Post #8371
    Is it wrong to assume that anyone in Cherno/Elktro with a DMR is hostile?
    It's wrong to assume that anyone with a gun in cherno or elektro is nonhostile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #8372
    April 2007
    193 Posts
    It's wrong to assume that anyone with a gun in cherno or elektro is nonhostile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #8373
    February 2011
    1,416 Posts
    It's wrong to assume that anyone with a gun in cherno or elektro anywhere is nonhostile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #8374
    April 2007
    193 Posts
    ...Yeah, that's exactly what I just said with a couple unnecessary words thrown in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #8375
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,239 Posts
    i like the way getting hit with a .303 lee enfield bullet does more damage than a fuckin m203 HE grenade

Edited:

I think that's totally up to the person. Adding in that feature wouldn't cause more incentive. People kill each other in this game because... (contd.)
    it'd be awesome if you could start eating another player while they're unconscious
    just to add that element of "shit shit SHIT HE'S EATING ME"

16. Post #8376
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    How come the M203 HE only does 8000 damage, and can you be hurt by M203 Smoke and Flare rounds if they direct impact?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #8377
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,239 Posts
    I'd more like to see drug stuff like getting addicted to morphine if you use it too often, same with pain killers, etc etc.

Edited:

And if you don't take them you start suffering withdrawal.
    add weed, create freedom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #8378
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    594 Posts
    Best glitch ever?
    [URL]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #8379
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,109 Posts

The Eastern Survivors have struck

Whoever owns this tent, enjoy the Coyote backpack and M9 SD!

this is just a little joke, but seriously whoever has this tent, we gave you some shit to use   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

20. Post #8380
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts

this is just a little joke, but seriously whoever has this tent, we gave you some shit to use   
    Just wait 'til the North-Side-Neutrals hear about this shit. You're starting a charity turf war, mo'fucka.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

21. Post #8381
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,841 Posts

Funny story, there actually used to be a Northern, Eastern and Southern bandit    they all got perma banned for hacking the stupid morons   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

22. Post #8382
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,109 Posts
    Just wait 'til the North-Side-Neutrals hear about this shit. You're starting a charity turf war, mo'fucka.
    Lets hope that the South Side Snipers don't get a whiff of this

23. Post #8383
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,239 Posts
    the West Side Wusses have heard, they're staying the fuck away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

24. Post #8384
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,401 Posts
    the West Side Wusses have heard, they're staying the fuck away
    Oh the Bandits in-laws are always getting themselves in trouble...

25. Post #8385
    Best glitch ever?
    [URL]
    [snip]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

26. Post #8386
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    I like you guys a lot more than I like the DayZ forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #8387
    January 2009
    426 Posts
    ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

28. Post #8388
    May 2010
    6,733 Posts
    Ffffffinally found a fucking box of matches to complete my survival gear kit, found a gps too so I won't have to rely on painstaking elevation comparisons to navigate. Time to celebrate by fucking off into the woods forever.

I hope Rocket was serious about adding more animals because I didn't search Cherno for matches for 2 goddamn days to NOT kill and eat an entire cow/goat/pig.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #8389
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,035 Posts
    Funny story, there actually used to be a Northern, Eastern and Southern bandit    they all got perma banned for hacking the stupid morons   

WE COME.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

30. Post #8390
    IDIOT WHO IS NEVER FUNNY AND CANT UNDER STAND WHEN NOT WANTED
    September 2006
    6,298 Posts
    Nevermind, finally got it to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #8391
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,724 Posts
    that's because Facepunch mods weed out the socially inept non-english speakers out unlike the dayz forums
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

32. Post #8392
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,162 Posts
    No update... I read each post to see if an update or something interesting is happening, but I always get dissapointed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

33. Post #8393
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    that's because Facepunch mods weed out the socially inept non-english speakers out unlike the dayz forums
    The spergs still manage to roam free. At least its not a free for all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

34. Post #8394
    IDIOT WHO IS NEVER FUNNY AND CANT UNDER STAND WHEN NOT WANTED
    September 2006
    6,298 Posts
    Does my character carry over to other servers? Or is my character only saved on the server he plays on? Because if that's the case, I'll play the US133 server (AKA Facepunch's server) even though there's not many people on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #8395
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,578 Posts
    Just saw this -
    http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/...60#entry298554

rocket posted:
    Posted Today, 06:32 AM
    1.7.2.2 will be released today
    Once it's released, how long does it usually take servers to update, and how long does it take for six updater to be ready with the new update?

36. Post #8396
    May 2010
    6,733 Posts
    Does my character carry over to other servers? Or is my character only saved on the server he plays on? Because if that's the case, I'll play the US133 server (AKA Facepunch's server) even though there's not many people on.

It's all persistent. Your character and tent will be the same on any DayZ server.

37. Post #8397
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,109 Posts
    It's all persistent. Your character and tent will be the same on any DayZ server.
    Only character, tents are server side.

38. Post #8398
    May 2010
    6,733 Posts
    Just saw this -
    http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/...60#entry298554

Once it's released, how long does it usually take servers to update, and how long does it take for six updater to be ready with the new update?
    Is there a changelog for 1.7.2.2 already?

39. Post #8399
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,578 Posts
    Is there a changelog for 1.7.2.2 already?
    Don't think so.

40. Post #8400
    Ffffffinally found a fucking box of matches to complete my survival gear kit, found a gps too so I won't have to rely on painstaking elevation comparisons to navigate. Time to celebrate by fucking off into the woods forever.

I hope Rocket was serious about adding more animals because I didn't search Cherno for matches for 2 goddamn days to NOT kill and eat an entire cow/goat/pig.
    finding animals is very very easy, just stick to a road and look for the big white spots on the sides with your GPS, scan them and half the time you'll find an animal

or you can go commando and hunt rabbits in the forest with a crossbow

Personally I think the forest needs more life in it, how about some deer here and there and the occasional angry bear that'll take a beating but yield two backpacks' worth of meat or some EXTREME BEAR MEAT that regains 1600 blood a piece or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)