1. Post #3521
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,070 Posts
    Spawn in, see guy with AS50 and a friend sniping, sneak up, take Bizon out of his bag, friend turns around, disconnect.

Came back a few minutes later, they were still there, but they shot me as soon as I spawned in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #3522
    Followed two idiots along the beach, one guy talked to me over mic... then rain away.

They both got raped by zombies while I found two Lee Enfield mags and a belt of 7,62x51.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

3. Post #3523
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    Anyone up for a Forrest Gump run-a-thon from Kamenka to Berezino, going along the coastal road?

You know you want to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #3524
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,127 Posts

Good luck! NW airfield, Seattle 29. I also died there, so check the hangers for the loot.
    Oh god man, I was dying in the tower and took a break, decided to join this server and hop on, took some bandages and shit, saved my life thanks.

But as I was leaving, I headed past the factory area, came out of the bush and suddenly there's a survivor there, sitting, I get scared and unload 2 rounds into him, he's dead, he fires off a round as he dies, his name pops up along with another, I notice I only have 1 murder, weird. I check out the bodies and I see another one, his buddy, I feel pretty shit at this point, they don't have much I grab some ammo and turn around, then I see a third body, a guy in a ghillie suit. I didn't kill 3 people, so what I'm thinking is I just had a Mexican stand off and won.

Sorry Ryan and friend :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

5. Post #3525
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,614 Posts
    it doesn't matter how much dayz you play during the day, it's hard as hell to play at night.

6. Post #3526
    The M107 is an anti-material rifle, so does that mean it can one shot cars or something along those lines?
    *materiel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #3527
    March 2006
    4,142 Posts
    Me and my brother reached Zub after killing ~70 zeds in Mogilevka and getting our asses handed to us in Pusta. Broke my legs when a surprise zombie got me in the fort :c

~5 Winchester rounds, ~10 CZ550 rounds, no legs left. I don't think I can make it any further
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #3528
    A highly respected gentleman in Chernarus
    June 2010
    2,094 Posts
    Me and my brother reached Zub after killing ~70 zeds in Mogilevka and getting our asses handed to us in Pusta. Broke my legs when a surprise zombie got me in the fort :c

~5 Winchester rounds, ~10 CZ550 rounds, no legs left. I don't think I can make it any further
    Hey man, I'm in the area around Mogilevka and I've got plenty of morphine to spare. Need some help?

EDIT: I messaged you and shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #3529
    May 2012
    316 Posts
    Okay what the fuck.

I just left the NW Airfield, decided to head kinda South-East because there is a fuck load of massive fields there and most likely a helicopter crash or four.

About 3 minutes into my search, hey, what do you know! A fucking crashed helicopter. I crouch walk towards that motherfucker, taking care not to startle some of the military zombies, when all of a sudden I hear, *CRACK* -- SWISH. Right after that, I hear it again, *CRACK* -- SWISH.

By then I'm like "oh god a sniper fuck" and I start running towards the helicopter to get some cover. During that time, the poor guy gets off FOUR MORE SHOTS before I dive behind the helicopter (behind in relation to where it sounded like the shots were coming from), and I just wait for a few seconds. Nothing else. I quickly check to make sure there's no loot around the crashed heli, there's nothing there, so I log off.

Now, this starts to get progressively worse (and hilarious) right about now.

I'm 90% sure the guy was firing at me with an M107, the sound matches almost exactly. These have an effective range of 1200m, I believe? I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN more than 500m away, assuming he was firing from the tree-line up the hill, which is also where the shots sounded like they were coming from.

And then you factor in the fact that for the first two shots, I WAS CROUCH WALKING, LIKE WHAT THE FUCK YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY TRY TO MISS TO NOT HIT ME THEN HOLY DICK. AND AFTER SIX FUCKING SHOTS, my head is still here and my internal organs are still intact, so I started to feel pity for the guy.

Then I cursed that bastard for taking an M107 from a Helicopter Crash Site, and being absolutely shit with it. If you're reading this thread, fuck you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #3530
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,702 Posts
    it doesn't matter how much dayz you play during the day, it's hard as hell to play at night.
    Not if you have night vision goggles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #3531
    Wow ok NE airfield was a shithole, found a single gun, M4 CCO
    map needs balance, as in put one of the barracks in NE airfield and give Zeleno a working hospital and church
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

12. Post #3532
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,614 Posts
    Not if you have night vision goggles.
    I didn't D:

13. Post #3533
    Next time can you guys tell me exactly when they take off?

14. Post #3534
    April 2008
    58 Posts
    Wow ok NE airfield was a shithole, found a single gun, M4 CCO
    map needs balance, as in put one of the barracks in NE airfield and give Zeleno a working hospital and church
    the NE airfield is isolated enough that larger veteran groups usually hit it on supplies runs. I ran up there once and within 5 minutes a car rolled up with a few survivors inside and started gunning everything in sight down, including me.

15. Post #3535
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    Can someone tell me why ~70% of DayZ players hate crosshairs and sidechat?

Like, how does that make the game anything but more irritating? Do people really enjoy beating themselves up or something? I can see why people don't like third person, since it raises the camera up. I really wish they'd add a FOV slider for first person, because the 90 or whatever it is set to is abysmal.

Edited:

On that note, why does the FP server have no crosshairs or side chat, but has third person? How does that make any sense?
    Because side chat is filled with whining, and when its not filled with whining, some douche has his desktop mic on and the whole server can hear his whiny 12 year old voice or him slamming his keys in frustration.

Crosshairs should be a no brainer, it make it far too easy to shoot. If you want to be accurate, you should have to use the sights on your weapon.

Third person is ridiculous, because it gives you a HUGE situational awareness advantage, especially in urban areas. If you get into a firefight with a player, you can basically sit well out of danger behind a corner, and still see a player moving up without exposing yourself to look. It's virtually cheat mode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3536
    June 2008
    3,519 Posts
    Today went pretty well. Found guns, a water bottle, and like 8 bandages. Managed to kill 41 zombies and learned that it's a bad idea to fire off a Lee Enfield near a deer stand.

17. Post #3537
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,070 Posts
    Next time can you guys tell me exactly when they take off?
    I only saw him flying, I don't think anyone that was there when it happens posts here, if any at all.

18. Post #3538
    March 2011
    166 Posts
    Third person is ridiculous, because it gives you a HUGE situational awareness advantage, especially in urban areas. If you get into a firefight with a player, you can basically sit well out of danger behind a corner, and still see a player moving up without exposing yourself to look. It's virtually cheat mode
    "Hurr I'm so hardcore, I don't like to use this advantage that is simply part of the game, remove and disable it!!!!"

No seriously, there is no advantage because you and the other player both have it. Plus you could also play smart and not go to urban areas in the fucking first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

19. Post #3539
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,752 Posts
    learned that it's a bad idea to fire off a Lee Enfield near a deer stand.
    try a heli crash site
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

20. Post #3540
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,070 Posts
    "Hurr I'm so hardcore, I don't like to use this advantage that is simply part of the game, remove and disable it!!!!"

No seriously, there is no advantage because you and the other player both have it. Plus you could also play smart and not go to urban areas in the fucking first place.
    This guy crouch walked behind me and I couldn't hear it. So OP I'm never using it again because I'm too legit. Rocket should totally remove it.

21. Post #3541
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,839 Posts

lol not go into urban areas? did you hit your head on something? how do you expect to get loot in the beginning of the game? or food or water?. Yes it is an advantage, it doesn't matter if both have it, depending on the situation it is an advantage

If I am infront of a building and use third person I can easily look over on my right and see everything on the side of the building, if someone is on that side they can't use their third person to see where I am unless they are really close and by then it's to late, also in some situations you can see over walls and see people perfectly while when they are in third person they can't.

So no it is an advantage and it has nothing to do with players it also applies to zombies where you can just see so much more then in first.

I don't even know why I'm explaining this, it's so obvious why it's dumb. You sound like on of those people who would quit the mod if it was removed because you would actually have to play smarter instead of playing in third person all the time trying to easily see people and zombies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #3542
    February 2009
    1,977 Posts
    Well well well, look what we have here...

Too bad it takes up a backpack slot, otherwise I'd grab it :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #3543
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,070 Posts
    lol not go into urban areas? did you hit your head on something? how do you expect to get loot in the beginning of the game? or food or water?. Yes it is an advantage, it doesn't matter if both have it, depending on the situation it is an advantage

If I am infront of a building and use third person I can easily look over on my right and see everything on the side of the building, if someone is on that side they can't use their third person to see where I am unless they are really close and by then it's to late, also in some situations you can see over walls and see people perfectly while when they are in third person they can't.

So no it is an advantage and it has nothing to do with players it also applies to zombies where you can just see so much more then in first.

I don't even know why I'm explaining this, it's so obvious why it's dumb. You sound like on of those people who would quit the mod if it was removed because you would actually have to play smarter instead of playing in third person all the time trying to easily see people and zombies.
    Are you dumb? I can easily make it to Zeleno or even Stary Sobor without looting the coast. Also, just because they aren't using third person at the moment, doesn't make it OP or broken. That's like saying coming up behind someone is broken and give you too much of an advantage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #3544
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,234 Posts

NVGs are an unfair advantage, they let you see people in pitch black locations. Not that I expect logic from you. You're that rare mix of "I'm SO HARDCORE" and "asshole that likes to troll".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #3545
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,839 Posts
    Are you dumb? I can easily make it to Zeleno or even Stary Sobor without looting the coast. Also, just because they aren't using third person at the moment, doesn't make it OP or broken. That's like saying coming up behind someone is broken and give you too much of an advantage.
    Oh god this is hilarious, Urban means cities, towns and such smart one, that is what Zeleno and Stary are, so go find some weapons in the middle of a field please and tell me the results (hint: you won't get far)

Also there is a huge difference in someone coming up behind you and you not seeing them in firstperson, and you using third person to see the guy sneaking behind you, use your tiny brain

NVGs are an unfair advantage, they let you see people in pitch black locations. Not that I expect logic from you. You're that rare mix of "I'm SO HARDCORE" and "asshole that likes to troll".
    haha oh god, NVGs aren't an unfair advantage because you actually have to find them and they are rare, by that logic Thermal Vision is unfair too because it is basically an aimbot and highlights where people are.

Also what does logic have to do with having a bit of fun in the game? seriously you take the game so seriously and rage hard at everything I do it's hilarious. I heard you on mumble last night mentionming my name a couple times and being mad saying "if you see bobsynergy around the coast shoot him and tell him I said fuck you" even though I was way north, I don't shoot people by the coast, sorry but this obsession over me and peterson isn't healthy.

26. Post #3546
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts

But the people who say this about third person don't want crosshairs on for the same reason.

aughghghgghghgh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

27. Post #3547
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,070 Posts
    Oh god this is hilarious, Urban means cities, towns and such smart one, that is what Zeleno and Stary are, so go find some weapons in the middle of a field please and tell me the results (hint: you won't get far)

Also there is a huge difference in someone coming up behind you and you not seeing them in firstperson, and you using third person to see the guy sneaking behind you, use your tiny brain

haha oh god, NVGs aren't an unfair advantage because you actually have to find them and they are rare, by that logic Thermal Vision is unfair too because it is basically an aimbot and highlights where people are.

Also what does logic have to do with having a bit of fun in the game? seriously you take the game so seriously and rage hard at everything I do it's hilarious. I heard you on mumble last night mentionming my name a couple times and being mad saying "if you see bobsynergy around the coast shoot him and tell him I said fuck you" even though I was way north, I don't shoot people by the coast, sorry but this obsession over me and peterson isn't healthy.
    Except both of you have fired on us multiple times when we had no intention of PvP. No one here likes your stupid Western bandit shit and the "oh im so hardcore i dont use any of the features given to me cus im 2 legit 2 quit" attitude.

Edited:

And I've gone thru Stary and NW Airfield multiple times without PvP, sorry to burst your bubble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #3548
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts

do you ever get tired of shitting up the thread? stop trying to start arguments goddamnit, i'm so tired of reading you getting someone riled up and then you just turn around and say 'well at least im not mad at video games B)'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #3549
    May 2010
    355 Posts
    While third person might at times give an advantage by providing unrealistic sightlines, it's a much better approximation of human spacial awareness than a first-person 'I am wearing horse blinders' perspective. Especially when you take into account the fact that Arma's collision detection has a tendency to misbehave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #3550
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,822 Posts
    I finally, FINALLY. After quite literally a WEEK of playing, found an M14. 3 in fact. On the same Heli.

And then later another on a deer stand. Okay then. GOt to pop a zed from 600m though, that felt awesome.

We explored the northern wastelands for like 2 hours and didn't see anything lootable. We did see a seemingly random barbed wire set on a hill directly north of an encirclement of sandbags though... then we dismantled it.

31. Post #3551
    This game really pisses me off sometimes, not just Day Z but arma 2 in general.

The combat indoors just feels so shitty, you get stuck in/around walls all the time

Hopefully it gets fixed in Arma 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #3552
    GAY FURRY PORN CONNOISSEUR

August 2010
    2,207 Posts
    Well well well, look what we have here...

Too bad it takes up a backpack slot, otherwise I'd grab it :C
    you know you can put the m136 inside the backpack instead of picking it up as a weapon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

33. Post #3553
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,839 Posts
    Except both of you have fired on us multiple times when we had no intention of PvP. No one here likes your stupid Western bandit shit and the "oh im so hardcore i dont use any of the features given to me cus im 2 legit 2 quit" attitude.

Edited:

And I've gone thru Stary and NW Airfield multiple times without PvP, sorry to burst your bubble.
    I have never fired at you or even seen you in game so I have no idea what your talking about (believe me if I have I would take credit for it) and I don't fire at everyone, just people who get riled up over dying in a game where your going to die hundreds of times. Ask the 2 people who were part of Lucky Lukes group today I let them have loot at a helicopter, talked to them and left because unlike you guys they don;t seem to get riled up when fired at (peterson shot at them yesterday, Lucky Luke looked like he was a good sport about it)

Sorry to burst your bubble but Stary is an Urban area, my post was about not going through urban areas can you actually read the post before you reply? Ataxia said not to go through them AT ALL.

I'm not serious about that crap at all, I always posted it in jest as I know people who don't mind and find it pretty funny, yet you guys take it so seriously and rage it's honestly very entertaining.

do you ever get tired of shitting up the thread? stop trying to start arguments goddamnit, i'm so tired of reading you getting someone riled up and then you just turn around and say 'well at least im not mad at video games B)'
    Explain how I am getting people riled up? was posting in response to how Ataxia posted.

I didn't tell xxncxx to not read the post and not know what Urban means then ask if I was dumb nor did I tell dogmachines to have an obsession over me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #3554
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,052 Posts
    I have never fired at you or even seen you in game so I have no idea what your talking about (believe me if I have I would take credit for it) and I don't fire at everyone, just people who get riled up over dying in a game where your going to die hundreds of times. Ask the 2 people who were part of Lucky Lukes group today I let them have loot at a helicopter, talked to them and left because unlike you guys they don;t seem to get riled up when fired at (peterson shot at them yesterday, Lucky Luke looked like he was a good sport about it)

Sorry to burst your bubble but Stary is an Urban area, my post was about not going through urban areas can you actually read the post before you reply? Ataxia said not to go through them AT ALL.

I'm not serious about that crap at all, I always posted it in jest as I know people who don't mind and find it pretty funny, yet you guys take it so seriously and rage it's honestly very entertaining.

Explain how I am getting people riled up? was posting in response to how Ataxia posted.

I didn't tell xxncxx to not read the post and not know what Urban means then ask if I was dumb nor did I tell dogmachines to have an obsession over me.
    im not getting into this again tonight. you know what i'm talking about. stop doing it. it's really irritating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #3555
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,839 Posts
    im not getting into this again tonight. you know what i'm talking about. stop doing it. it's really irritating.
    Doing what? I responded to saying how third person is dumb and I had one guy jump on me with something at least related to the conversation but escalated it by calling me dumb and the other just has some weird obsession.

You can't just keep quoting me and going "I know what your doing stop it" and walk away, either say something or don't bother cause that's more irritating then anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #3556
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,234 Posts
    Doing what? I responded to saying how third person is dumb and I had one guy jump on me with something at least related to the conversation but escalated it by calling me dumb and the other just has some weird obsession.

You can't just keep quoting me and going "I know what your doing stop it" and walk away, either say something or don't bother cause that's more irritating then anything
    If calling you on your bullshit is obsession, then I guess I am obsessed. In reality I'll stop calling attention to you being an asshole the moment you stop being an asshole.

37. Post #3557
    PAST TENSE DIG
    October 2007
    7,701 Posts
    My friend and I are raiding barns and traversing the wilderness, and we find a barn with loads of shotgun shells, an Enfield, Winchester, crossbow AND a double barreled shotgun. what the fuck
    Earlier we were looting deer stands, found a dead guy near one, took his stuff (Revolver, canteen, meat, other goodies too), then promptly found an AKM and three mags in the stand he died next to.
    And then the next stand we find, we find yet another AKM, this time with two mags.
    Why cant we either have more people to hold all of these guns or at least find some matches? :V

38. Post #3558
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,081 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHcPCWaCj4&feature=plcp
    Raiding the Test Alliance camp, stole some vehicles, blew up the rest at the end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

39. Post #3559
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    11,070 Posts

Stopped reading here, confirmed troll.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #3560
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    446 Posts
    Where is everyone at in the FP server?