1. Post #1
    April 2012
    10 Posts
    Requesting to hire a map builder to build a complete map from scratch. Will be payed $$$. But i do want someone who has had alot of experience at building maps and loves to put a decent amount of time into them :)

some idea of what you will be doing.
    *a rather medium-large map
    *Garry's mod RP based map
    *Good with lighting and mainly has a good imagination xD
    *All i will be giving you is the basic layout, (pretty much a paint design of basics and you build from it adding what you like to make it one EPIC map)
    *Will contain small town, caves, cliffs, water and so forth

I know this is a big idea and so forth but last person who was doing it had some personal issues and isn't available to continue :(

i DO NOT want people braging and complaining over this forum like my last! if you're interested, let me know simple. But keep in mind, if you're good at map building and you KNOW you can help me out, well please... go ahead.

Please email me what you have done can do, well whatever you have done. I'f i like what i see i will contact you.
    Like i said it is a big job so if your able to finish it within say at LEAST less than 5 months well that would be good, i want you to take it serious because im not wasting my money for nothing. All i am is a client trying to supply to people's domands from where im from.

any more info please ask. And thanks again for your interest :)

My details
    email- rock_da_house01@hotmail.com
    name-Brent Gillin

Steam- breno_16
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    This should be in the requests section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

3. Post #3
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,815 Posts
    How much cash are you willing to pay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,044 Posts
    How much cash are you willing to pay?
    Three dollars: $$$
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    HASHTAG!
    January 2012
    551 Posts
    -snip-

6. Post #6
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,187 Posts
    $$$

Do you have a map layout that you could show us? So we can get a better idea of what we're dealing with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    747 Posts
    Dolla dolla bills yalll

8. Post #8
    April 2012
    10 Posts
    lol, price im willing to pay was $50... And yes i have the VERY basics sketch of the map. But at the minute i've been busy with a few things so i'll have to get around to the people who are interested. Like i said if you are, and your decent at map making n such, please email me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,187 Posts
    I don't think many people here will bother to do it for $50.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2010
    1,042 Posts
    I don't think many people here will bother to do it for $50.
    Considering the size/detail the OP wants, and the 5 month deadline, I'd have to agree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #11
    October 2007
    4,760 Posts
    Considering the size/detail the OP wants, and the 5 month deadline, I'd have to agree.
    add another zero to it, that sounds about right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,273 Posts
    And one more zero and multiply it with 5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,558 Posts
    $2500? That seems a bit overkill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Why are you trying to multiply 0?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    October 2007
    4,760 Posts
    Why are you trying to multiply 0?
    lol yea we'd still have just one more 0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2012
    10 Posts
    well the last 2 guys i was talking to were happy with 50. the deadline is anywhere up to a year... im in no rush. And because i dont do maps i have no idea what you guys would charge, but i know some of you would be seedy as and ask for an over price :P like that guy up there somewhere :P but yea im sure i can work something out.

Edited:

and im not paying 500 for a f***ing map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    December 2009
    2,523 Posts
    Haha "Map Builder"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Facepunch Resident Alcoholic!
    July 2007
    7,813 Posts
    well the last 2 guys i was talking to were happy with 50. the deadline is anywhere up to a year... im in no rush. And because i dont do maps i have no idea what you guys would charge, but i know some of you would be seedy as and ask for an over price :P like that guy up there somewhere :P but yea im sure i can work something out.

Edited:

The last two guys you spoke to probably were terrible at mapping and saw it as a way to make some fast money, if you're not willing to pay somebody a decent sum of money for all of their time put into the map then I'm afraid you are going to get a terribly made map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

19. Post #19
    I make awesome maps that never see the light of day
    January 2007
    7,273 Posts
    $2500? That seems a bit overkill.
    5K per month
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    April 2012
    10 Posts
    don't worry guys. Found a decent guy, paying more obviously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    August 2010
    1,385 Posts

Edited:

Within that time has passed you probably have enough time to learn mapping yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

22. Post #22
    December 2009
    2,523 Posts
    -snip- wrong thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    September 2010
    137 Posts
    Where's that from?

---

And no one here will do it for 50. 120-200 is more like it, mappers need to eat too. Keep in mind that it is a lot of work for just 50 dollars.

24. Post #24
    December 2009
    2,523 Posts
    Where's that from?

---

And no one here will do it for 50. 120-200 is more like it, mappers need to eat too. Keep in mind that it is a lot of work for just 50 dollars.
    Err, I posted in the wrong thread. But its an official map for No More Room In Hell.

25. Post #25
    September 2010
    137 Posts
    Err, I posted in the wrong thread. But its an official map for No More Room In Hell.
    I have seen people playing that... Looks sexy, not sure if this is the wrong time to ask but can you download it on steam?

26. Post #26
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,806 Posts
    I have seen people playing that... Looks sexy, not sure if this is the wrong time to ask but can you download it on steam?
    No. And to figure that out, you could've gone to Steam Store and typed in "no more room in hell". You can get it on ModDB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    October 2007
    4,760 Posts
    No. And to figure that out, you could've gone to Steam Store and typed in "no more room in hell". You can get it on ModDB.
    What a dick....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

28. Post #28
    Wishes he could fit in with the mapping section..
    June 2010
    2,806 Posts
    What a dick....
    I'm flattered.

29. Post #29
    September 2010
    137 Posts
    What a dick....
    In reality, yes that is what I could have done. But the reaction is unbearably entertaining. Thank you for answering the question Turtleey.

30. Post #30
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    For someone who likes to defend people who incur the wrath of the mapping section, you don't half like to oppress new people into the mapping section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Facepunch Resident Alcoholic!
    July 2007
    7,813 Posts
    For someone who likes to defend people who incur the wrath of the mapping section, you don't half like to oppress new people into the mapping section.
    oh god the irony
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    October 2007
    4,760 Posts
    Thank you, someone got why I called him out on that....