1. Post #1
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    Welcome to the most exciting week in TF2 we've had in years!
    In a pre-emptive strike against the 10,000 post limit (and because I need sleep eventually), here's a new OP!

Keep up to date on the ARG here: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/ARG

Tuesday:
    Valve adds 7 mysterious items that randomly drop and serve no purpose!

Wednesday:
    Valve adds a special attribute to the Eliminate the Impossible (Medic Sherlock Holmes) set that causes the descriptions of the previous day to change into a quote from "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" a Sherlock Holmes story.

Thursday:
    Valve adds an error code when crafting two banana peels. Each code shows a specific error, which, when pieced together, is assumed to form 4 QR codes that lead to images
    The images together formed this: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/image...Transcript.jpg
    It's the transcript from the Poopy Joe congressional hearing.

Friday:
    Pyro wrote a blog post! If you convert the pyro gibberish into Morse code, it spells "MONDAY" or, if you include the title "A MONDAY" but let's forget the latter and assume monday night is the night!

The server might cache this thread if many more people start viewing the thread.

All this means is that it will be unable to be read without logging in. I know r/tf2 on Reddit is lurking to get more info on this update. If the thread does get cached and you get a message telling you to log in, just create an account and try again.

Good resources for information:
    - Wiki Schema Tracker
    - HLDS Email List
    - The Emporium right here on Facepunch, read between the lines
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 18Useful x 2Agree x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Can't Keep Johnny Down
    April 2009
    2,376 Posts
    My body is god damn ready
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    OBLIVIOUS
    September 2011
    559 Posts
    new thread :D this is getting very exciting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner x 11Funny x 2Agree x 2Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,183 Posts
    I can loan bananas to people, add me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    June 2012
    1,708 Posts
    Oh my god this is going way too fast...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,940 Posts
    woah SHIT blogpost

EDIT:

I mean its a good post i just thought it appeared out of nowhere.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,002 Posts
    After six months of nothing, Valve certainly knows how to spark interest and curiosity into the game, goddamn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    OBLIVIOUS
    September 2011
    559 Posts
    Should i post my code here? I have already put it on that xpaw thing

10. Post #10

July 2010
    2,064 Posts
    After all these years, we're within days of finally seeing Meet the pyro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6 (list)

11. Post #11
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,791 Posts
    My bananas is ready.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,858 Posts
    a new flaregun. woopf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Willing to off arm for a robot arm
    September 2011
    1,303 Posts
    New flare gun so basically MtP confirmed for soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    September 2010
    203 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,940 Posts
    a new flaregun. woopf
    im betting its going to be some kind of flare that splits into 3 other lesser damage flares after a certain amount of time in the air.

At least, i want that to be a flare gun's stats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,791 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

May 2011
    24 Posts
    The way the gun looks leads me to believe that it's related to the jumper weapons... finally a flare gun jumper. Just what we've all been waiting for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    November 2009
    1,087 Posts
    The new blog post makes me believe the update may not be coming as recently as we thought...

"an upcoming update" makes me think that we won't get an update this week...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    Congrats Jalcober, I new as soon as that item was submitted it would be accepted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21

June 2012
    81 Posts
    Welcome to the most exciting week in TF2 we've had in years!
    In a pre-emptive strike against the 10,000 post limit (and because I need sleep eventually), here's a new OP!

Tuesday:
    Valve adds 7 mysterious items that randomly drop and serve no purpose!

Wednesday:
    Valve adds a special attribute to the Eliminate the Impossible (Medic Sherlock Holmes) set that causes the descriptions of the previous day to change into a quote from "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" a Sherlock Holmes story.

Thursday:
    Valve adds an error code when crafting two banana peels. Each code shows a specific error, which, when pieced together, is assumed to form 8 different PNGs.

Good resources for information:
    - Wiki Schema Tracker
    - HLDS Email List
    - The Emporium right here on Facepunch, read between the lines
    Also, the PNGs, when decoded, reveal themselves to be QR Codes pointing to fragments of a conversation involving Saxton Hale and Poopy Joe

http://tf2.com/cajtaypvdbyl.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    We created a new particle system and began playtesting it in-game.

the gun has new particles!!! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 20Optimistic Optimistic x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    May 2012
    788 Posts
    Maybe you can stick them in a medigun beam.

24. Post #24
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    6,858 Posts

It's another flaregun though

it'd be neat if pyro got his own shotgun :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 27Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    8,425 Posts
    Maybe it'll do a cone-like spray of fire, like a fire shotgun. That could be pretty fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Paltry Member
    February 2012
    5,439 Posts
    The way the gun looks leads me to believe that it's related to the jumper weapons... finally a flare gun jumper. Just what we've all been waiting for.
    I'm all for it. Nowdays I only use my secondary for jumping anyways

27. Post #27
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    I wonder if the whole set will get in, because

Oh my
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 3Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    September 2010
    19 Posts
    This QR Code is for #8, originally posted Here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    OBLIVIOUS
    September 2011
    559 Posts
    Which errors are the closest to being complete now? For some reason i can't see the images on that website

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,371 Posts
    So... many... rainbows!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

31. Post #31
    March 2012
    1,512 Posts
    Are you still playing with the schema?
    and is it possible to change the death animations associated with weapons, such as melting, being decapitated, and the headshot animations?

32. Post #32
    August 2008
    97 Posts
    What if there are clues in the video at the end of the blogpost?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    September 2011
    4,417 Posts
    Thread theme
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 32Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    July 2009
    5,440 Posts
    Maybe it'll do a cone-like spray of fire, like a fire shotgun. That could be pretty fun
    That's what the flamethrower is for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

35. Post #35
    January 2010
    3,164 Posts
    Here's one my friend found.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    April 2011
    3,392 Posts
    Wee. Flare Gun.

I really, really hope we get some functionally new weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    all of them are almost done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 India Show Events Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    AKA: eightDash
    March 2008
    1,309 Posts
    If anyone needs a banana loan add me.
    Offer still stands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    154 Posts
    incendiary-like shotgun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,365 Posts

add the section of text that we got from the 7 + 8 QR code in the OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)