1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,014 Posts
    Hello Facepunch. Need to know something.

I have no car and the only place near me is a Wal-Mart. I use this as a good excuse to do some cardio. Every other day I jog there and back (2.6 miles total). Not what this thread is for.

I went to where all the protein/supplements were and I only saw two types of creatine. One is in a big container like the whey protein (Around $15) and the other is in a bottle of about 60 caplets (Around $9).

Now I know nothing about creatine. I don't know how to use it or how much to use but I took a good look at the packaging. The bigger container says on the back that it uses "Stevia" yet I look at the sugars and it says 33g of sugar for one scoop. I'm not too sure that's good for me so I didn't get it.

The pills I weren't too sure of either. I need to know what the best choice is. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Post #2
    April 2012
    3,361 Posts
    Why are you looking into creatine in the first place?

also: https://www.truenutrition.com/p-961-...100-grams.aspx

3. Post #3
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,738 Posts
    Creatine monohydrate bye

4. Post #4
    March 2012
    99 Posts
    The powder is way better. Waaaaaaaaay better. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're going to be doing weight training, that's really what it's used for. Also Drink at least 64oz of water a day, other wise the shit is wicked hard on your kidneys and will give you cramps

5. Post #5
    April 2012
    3,361 Posts
    The powder is way better. Waaaaaaaaay better. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're going to be doing weight training, that's really what it's used for. Also Drink at least 64oz of water a day, other wise the shit is wicked hard on your kidneys and will give you cramps
    totally anecdotal and a myth. It's good to drink a lot of water, but I've never seen any evidence of needing to drink a certain amount of water for it to prevent cramps (which are anecdotal anyway)

Some review articles
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18184753

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10999421

About other forms of creatine
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21424716
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    I'm totally anecdotal and it's a myth that I don't actually like dicks in my ass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Fuarrrrkin sexier than zeez bruh
    March 2011
    1,745 Posts
    ur gey

8. Post #8
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,738 Posts
    make sure you study about cycling creatine, and DO NOT overlook post cycle treatment. This shit will give you tits like Pam Anderson if you aren't careful. And avoid stressful situations, you don't want to go into creatine-rage. P sure that's what ended WWII.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    March 2012
    99 Posts
    totally anecdotal and a myth. It's good to drink a lot of water, but I've never seen any evidence of needing to drink a certain amount of water for it to prevent cramps (which are anecdotal anyway)

Some review articles
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18184753

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10999421

About other forms of creatine
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21424716
    Creatine still puts a lot of stress on you're kidneys that drinking water can help relieve.

10. Post #10
    April 2012
    3,361 Posts
    Creatine still puts a lot of stress on you're kidneys that drinking water can help relieve.
    Creatine may only be an issue if you have kidney issues already. If you are healthy, there's nothing to worry about.

" Liver and kidney dysfunction have also been suggested on the basis of small changes in markers of organ function and of occasional case reports, but well controlled studies on the adverse effects of exogenous creatine supplementation are almost nonexistent. We have investigated liver changes during medium term (4 weeks) creatine supplementation in young athletes. None showed any evidence of dysfunction on the basis of serum enzymes and urea production. Short term (5 days), medium term (9 weeks) and long term (up to 5 years) oral creatine supplementation has been studied in small cohorts of athletes whose kidney function was monitored by clearance methods and urine protein excretion rate. We did not find any adverse effects on renal function. "'

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15273072

"Twelve pertinent articles and case reports were identified. According to the existing literature, creatine supplementation appears safe when used by healthy adults at the recommended loading (20 gm/day for five days) and maintenance doses (</=3 gm/day). In people with a history of renal disease or those taking nephrotoxic medications, creatine may be associated with an increased risk of renal dysfunction."

"Since creatine supplementation may increase creatinine levels, it may act as a false indicator of renal dysfunction. Future studies should include renal function markers other than serum creatinine and creatinine clearance."

11. Post #11
    Fuarrrrkin sexier than zeez bruh
    March 2011
    1,745 Posts
    Even if you are healthy, watch out. Creatine is serious shit man. If it affects you badly, I'd advise not even taking it once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    April 2012
    3,361 Posts
    Even if you are healthy, watch out. Creatine is serious shit man. If it affects you badly, I'd advise not even taking it once.
    actually you know what? Ruski is right, you'll probably overdose because you'll snort too much at first go
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,018 Posts
    Now I know nothing about creatine. I don't know how to use it or how much to use but I took a good look at the packaging. The bigger container says on the back that it uses "Stevia" yet I look at the sugars and it says 33g of sugar for one scoop. I'm not too sure that's good for me so I didn't get it.
    That stuff's full of Dextrose, which is a carb, it's supposedly to help put the creatine in your muscles more quickly because of the insulin reaction. I use it in my post-workout shake since it's both quickly absorbed carbs and creatine.

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    That stuff's full of Dextrose, which is a carb, it's supposedly to help put the creatine in your muscles more quickly because of the insulin reaction. I use it in my post-workout shake since it's both quickly absorbed carbs and creatine.
    yeah except its fucking dumb and unnecessary. Seriously just get straight creatine monohydrate, you are paying extra for fillers.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    yeah except its fucking dumb and unnecessary. Seriously just get straight creatine monohydrate, you are paying extra for fillers.
    http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/275/6/E974.short

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    "these findings demonstrate that insulin can enhance muscle creatine accumulation in humans but only when present at physiologically high or supraphysiological concentrations"

Dextrose isn't going to do anything close to the methodology used in this study. Especially not in a fed state.

Shit just eat something, that will spike insulin. Most dudes choke down their whey like they are Elton John choking down a dick after their workout anyway. It's really irrelevant in practice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    What kind of methodology did they use to achieve those supraphysiological concentrations? If it's impossible for the average joe to achieve, then what's the point of the study?

18. Post #18
    September 2009
    297 Posts
    Got some new protein today, each shake contains 1g of creatine. Not too sure about this either but I'm sure it's nothing bad

19. Post #19
    Dennab
    April 2012
    337 Posts
    Creatine will help a bit with strength and it's safe. Get it in monohydrate form only - it is just as effective (or more) as the other forms, and a lot cheaper.Just take 5g (1tsp) every day, at any time. No need to load or cycle.

20. Post #20
    April 2012
    3,361 Posts
    Got some new protein today, each shake contains 1g of creatine. Not too sure about this either but I'm sure it's nothing bad
    It won't do much unless you have about 3-5 of those shakes a day

21. Post #21
    July 2010
    4,007 Posts
    i insert creatine up my anus, MAXIMUM ABSORPTION