1. Post #1
    Half Life 2: Call of Duty meets Minecraft

February 2012
    14,329 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 74Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Considering I make quite a large amount of my ISK off LP, I had expected this to have a noticeable impact on me.

Not one bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,199 Posts
    Stuff like this is why I love EVE. And never, ever want to play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 113Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2009
    3,943 Posts
    There's been quite a bit of eve news lately, huh

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,988 Posts
    It seems like this game is a lot more fun to hear about than to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 104Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    7,157 Posts
    Haha just like real life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Zing Zing x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,546 Posts
    War has changed...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,291 Posts
    the most brutal copy of excel youll ever own

to the people rating me dumb i have over 600 hours on eve, its a joke guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 78Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    7,126 Posts
    kinda like how they manipulated that guy into killing himself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member

March 2005
    3,028 Posts
    War has changed...
    War. War never changes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,546 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,634 Posts
    We all knew this was coming:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 41Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,386 Posts
    kinda like how they manipulated that guy into killing himself
    What?!?!

15. Post #15
    I'm pretty sure the guy hasn't actually killed himself, Mittani just said "If you want to hunt this guy down and make him kill himself is name is -" whatever it was. I forget the name.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member

August 2006
    1,003 Posts
    I'm glad that all CCP did was just fix this and not go any further. In a way, real life is like that for the most part. You can't revert and take away what a group of people exploited and profited from in real life, so why would it be fair to do that in a video game? Just cause it's all 1's and 0's and easy to revert all the damage doesn't mean they should. If this was real life, the only thing they could control is to take away the ability for them to keep doing it which in this case, is all they did. CCP has my respect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

17. Post #17
    I'm glad that all CCP did was just fix this and not go any further. In a way, real life is like that for the most part. You can't revert and take away what a group of people exploited and profited from in real life, so why would it be fair to do that in a video game? Just cause it's all 1's and 0's and easy to revert all the damage doesn't mean they should. If this was real life, the only thing they could control is to take away the ability for them to keep doing it. CCP has my respect.
    They haven't taken action yet. They're still examining the full extent of this before they take any action.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member

August 2006
    1,003 Posts
    Well I hope they don't. It would be more interesting to see how all of this plays out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    IM thinking i should join the goons and ditch WH space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,253 Posts
    stop thinking about it and do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,846 Posts
    Duuuude an inside source would be kickass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    IIRC there are 2 people on facepunch that are part of goonswarm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,026 Posts
    IIRC there are 2 people on facepunch that are part of goonswarm.
    Actually probably quite a few more since most of the older facepunchers are goons

24. Post #24
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts

There's plenty of facepunchers in goonswarm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,368 Posts
    I dont think they'll punish them or remove any of the rewards, I seem to remember one of the devs saying they actively encourage dick behaviour because it creates a much more dynamic world. And it's so true, the stories you get out of EVE are fucking fantastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    4,733 Posts
    Fun fact: EVE is actually fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member

June 2006
    1,105 Posts
    yeah dude. register an SA account and make a thread in "General Bullshit," as an application. A goonswarm representative will contact you through that. we're all really nice people, can't wait to have you as one of us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,923 Posts
    All of these fucking hilarious stories I keep hearing from EVE are making me really wanna play it. Yeah, the game has some of the biggest douchebags on the planet, but as someone else said, it makes the game world very dynamic. It makes me wanna get in on it, and make a story of my own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,182 Posts
    I tried the trial and it's not exactly the "Excel sheet" people make it out to be, it's just a space game where things take a little longer to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,253 Posts
    I tried the trial and it's not exactly the "Excel sheet" people make it out to be, it's just a space game where things take a little longer to do.
    It's a business simulator with space ships. Quite clearly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,291 Posts
    It's a business simulator with space ships. Quite clearly.
    only if you make it play out like that, eve can be as much of an adventure as any other MMO out there, if not more.

i just love the way it gets referred to as a spreadsheet, it does spell a hint of truth to the way a realistic economy can shape a game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #32

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    I think they're confusing EVE Online with playing as a rogue in WoW.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    26 Posts
    I was hoping for something a bit cooler than some guys finding a "glitch" in the game mechanics.

Edited:

only if you make it play out like that, eve can be as much of an adventure as any other MMO out there, if not more.

i just love the way it gets referred to as a spreadsheet, it does spell a hint of truth to the way a realistic economy can shape a game.
    I think the reference to spreadsheets is because of the absolutely horrible UI (and game mechanics).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    i always find it funny when people apply basic economic principles in this game and people get amazed about it

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    I think the reference to spreadsheets is because of the absolutely horrible UI (and game mechanics).
    To note, the UI has been vastly improved and streamlined over the last year or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    May 2011
    2,711 Posts
    Has there been a story where a group of people became so rich through in-game items that they tried to buy out CCP?

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,471 Posts
    Has there been a story where a group of people became so rich through in-game items that they tried to buy out CCP?
    No because ISK is a virtual currency which has no real-word value UNLESS you pay your subscription with it.

38. Post #38
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that actually were to happen though.

EVE breeds Deus Ex level corporate conspiracies.

It actually scares the shit out of me. If a bunch of average people can create these kinds of power and conspiracy, what do the actual executives of the world do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #39
    January 2009
    3,943 Posts
    The whole spreadsheets thing is looked at the wrong way anyway.
    Let's say you enter the job market and you're flipping burgers or laying bricks. You aren't gonna be using any spreadsheets. Your managers do, the guys in corporate do, you just haven't progressed far enough into the field to need them.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,385 Posts
    I would be a lot more inclined to play it if the subscription wasn't so costly...