1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,333 Posts
    How did this shift from Spoony leaving to people bitching about the Nostalgia Critic's terrible Let's Play?

Derailed like a freight train.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,560 Posts
    Pardon me for not knowing, but can anyone tell me who these guys are and how important spoony was?
    It's a comedy website (there's also a gaming website but I don't think it'll last much longer). Of course it has other purposes, but most people come for that reason. There's like a billion people making videos on there but it's only really well known because a couple of popular reviewers are affiliated with the site, Spoony being one of them. Of course Spoony is popular because of the videos he made way back in 2007-08, now he mostly makes really long vlogs and scares the hell out of people with his twitter account. He's suspected to be suffering from some kind of mental illness and Blip revenue isn't as profitable as it used to be so this probably isn't the best place for him

Also it's hardly "unfair" OP. The man sexually harassed his coworkers and then when he got fired he let his fans harass them even more. That's not excusable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    14,376 Posts

I do hate people who say NC is a pile of shit just because of two notorious failures that even their fans hate (aka Melvin and bart's nightmare). It's a dumb generalization and it shouldn't be made, just like you don't generalize about an artist making ONE bad song and such.
    most people hate him because he overacts a fuckton and generally thinks that loud noises = funny
    yeah sure a small thing to hate but it gets really annoying especially wh-
    BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
    he pulls out that fucking overused gun sound effect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    14,947 Posts
    most people hate him because he overacts a fuckton and generally thinks that loud noises = funny
    yeah sure a small thing to hate but it gets really annoying especially wh-
    BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
    he pulls out that fucking overused gun sound effect
    That's a legitimate reason to hate him, but I'm not talking about those people, I'm just mentioning the ones who never watched a single video apart from those two specific ones and consider the whole thing bad from them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #45
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,255 Posts
    Where's that video of him yelling "BETRAYAL" when you need it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    14,947 Posts
    Where's that video of him yelling "BETRAYAL" when you need it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 14Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    May 2007
    557 Posts
    Also it's hardly "unfair" OP. The man sexually harassed his coworkers and then when he got fired he let his fans harass them even more. That's not excusable.
    JesuOtaku didn't even take offense in the first place. It wasn't harrasment. Just a joke. Wouldn't be the first rape joke. Wouldn't be Spoony's first rape joke.

Although Lupa took offence. Spoony should have apologised in that case. Instead he went into a crazy defense mode. And when he did apologize, it wasn't sincere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,560 Posts
    This got a whole bunch of people blacklisted, BTW.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,255 Posts
    That's the one

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    20,369 Posts
    and very occasionally Film Brain when he reviews a movie I know.
    Speaking of Film Brain, has he stopped artificially extending the ends of his sentences yet? Because I watched his Tekken review with Spoony and MY GOD, is he annoying!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,324 Posts
    Despite the guy's kinda annoying voice that sounds sarcastic even when it isn't, this video seems to sum it up pretty well:

Edited:

Also why has this turned into a Retsupurae discussion? I mean, I fucking love Retsupurae but it doesn't really seem relevant. Like, at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    14,947 Posts
    Speaking of Film Brain, has he stopped artificially extending the ends of his sentences yet? Because I watched his Tekken review with Spoony and MY GOD, is he annoying!
    Sadly no which is why I rarely watch him. It's getting old and annoying very fast.

Apparently the guy's French too, which is weird because he doesn't sound French at all (in opposite to Benzaie which sounds WAY too French)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,324 Posts
    Sadly no which is why I rarely watch him. It's getting old and annoying very fast.

Apparently the guy's French too, which is weird because he doesn't sound French at all (in opposite to Benzaie which sounds WAY too French)
    Wait, really? I was 100% sure he was English from his accent, and I'm English.

Edited:
    I mean he sounds like that fucking Electrical Beast guy that Retsupurae did, no way is he French.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,155 Posts
    lol @ people arguing over what sperg has the better youtube channel
    literally every person who makes video blogs/critiques/riffs/let's plays/whatever on the internet is awful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb x 41Funny x 3Disagree x 2Agree x 2Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    literally every person who makes video blogs/critiques/riffs/let's plays/whatever on the internet is awful
    Oh the irony.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,338 Posts
    Wasn't Linkara good friends with him?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    14,947 Posts
    Wait, really? I was 100% sure he was English from his accent, and I'm English.

Edited:
    I mean he sounds like that fucking Electrical Beast guy that Retsupurae did, no way is he French.
    Yeah I know, but everyone says he's French in TGWTG, so apparently he's just very good at talking with an English accent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,324 Posts
    People argue over TV shows and shit all the time, don't really see how this is much different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    People argue over TV shows and shit all the time, don't really see how this is much different.
    Shhh you're ruining his chance to call people spergs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,155 Posts
    i didn't call you dudes spergs, just people who make video blogs to rant about movies or whatever on the net
    it's like who cares, go outside
    shoulda been more clear my bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 20 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,266 Posts
    i didn't call you dudes spergs, just people who rant about movies or whatever on the net
    People who rant about movies = sperg.

Guy complaining about people who rant about movies = not sperg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    14,947 Posts
    i didn't call you dudes spergs, just people who make video blogs to rant about movies or whatever on the net
    shoulda been more clear my bad
    That's still pretty damn ironic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #63
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    4,155 Posts
    That's still pretty damn ironic.
    probs but whatever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #64

he's from england. i forget wherefrom but yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    February 2010
    7,784 Posts
    The Nostalgia Critic is funny, in my opinion, and even if you don't think he's funny he's still entertaining to watch.
    NC used to be funny until he started making his "reviews" 20-minute-long, condensed, poorly-realized MST3K style commentary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,576 Posts
    Yeah I know, but everyone says he's French in TGWTG, so apparently he's just very good at talking with an English accent.
    Film Brain is english, I followed him on Twitter for a long time.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,778 Posts
    As long as they've still got the Cinema Snob. That's the money pile right there.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 24Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,191 Posts
    Eh, maybe it's better that way, almost no one else from TGWTG (apart from Brad Jones) is funny. Maybe now he'll stop doing all those fucking dumb crossovers all the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    oh boy Internet drama

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,576 Posts
    Also I hate how spoony looks like he's smiling all of the time even when he's trying to act angry. It makes him really annoying.

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,385 Posts
    (I really don't want to sound like I follow this bunch of idiots but I do casually watch the odd video on tgwtg and I pick stuff up)

My understanding was Lupa was getting uncomfortable with a running gag started by Todd in the Shadows (I think) that then spread around, so every guy wanted her in the sack, in a creepy stalker kind of way - but everyone had words and put a stop to it a couple of weeks ago. So it seems to me that she's then taken offence to Spoony being his usual misogynist self with rape jokes off the back of that.

While apparently there was a whole month of time passed and it was dredging up a non-issue, I don't see how this is anyone else's fault but Spoony's as this situation clearly escalated. Surely Spoony must have flown off the handle in response.

(I have no idea how LordKat factors into any of this nor do I care to research it - I thought he'd already moved on anyway, wasn't his last video submitted around last year?)

And seeing as this tread has also become 'opinions on TGWTG.com' I may as well offer my opinions on people that have been discussed already:

Doug: The sooner he learns to tone his act down the better. He can be funny when he doesn't force it, but when he does...

Spoony: Better before his ego got the better of him. He still puts the work in, but his whole attitude shifted.

Film Brain: I'm not a violent person normally, but I just want to strangle this guy. So fucking annoying. Never managed to sit through a single video of his, despite him knowing his stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,324 Posts
    As long as they've still got the Cinema Snob. That's the money pile right there.

why would you watch the cinema snob on that guy with the glasses and not his own site?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,778 Posts
    why would you watch the cinema snob on that guy with the glasses and not his own site?
    I actually do watch it on his own site. I'm just sayin' is all...

As for the topic at hand, I'd say a lot of people are at fault. Spoony included. He's got a huge fucking ego about his videos and his opinions and he always has. I can see how he could piss a lot of people off. That being said, this whole thing stinks.

34. Post #74
    January 2012
    267 Posts
    B-but I think Seamus is a good LP'er
    In that video they were making fun of him because he gets paid by Machinima to make videos, not because he is a bad lp'er.

35. Post #75
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,842 Posts
    Does this mean that Spoony is no longer going to do shitty crossover reviews?

excellent

also can't wait to read the ED article on this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

36. Post #76
    February 2009
    1,605 Posts
    B-but I think Seamus is a good LP'er
    That dude is an old friend of mine, but his old LPs were pretty terrible. They probably weren't serious LPs, but he just talked about his life and shit.

37. Post #77
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,842 Posts
    oh god yes it's already updated!
    http://encyclopediadramatica.se/Spoony
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

38. Post #78
    April 2012
    5,067 Posts
    Well this is a somewhat upsetting dose of reality.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,324 Posts
    I actually do watch it on his own site. I'm just sayin' is all...
    Sorry, I didn't mean you personally. I would have said 'one' if it didn't seem so pretentious to do so.

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    12,123 Posts
    hey guys you wanna see something creepy

https://twitter.com/#!/OreoAntwiler

Edited:

oh great

i now know his name again but when i want to watch his stuff ill forget it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)