1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,940 Posts
    It appears that talking about Spoony in the comments and forums on TGWTG is a reason to get permabanned now. Doesn't matter if you talk about it in a civil fashion or not.
    thats just fucking wrong, seriously.

EDIT:

SHITTY PAGE KING GO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #282
    December 2007
    1,656 Posts
    Wow, WOW, fuck that! Spoony kicks ass! He's easily the most talented guy on that site. Between him and Brad Jones, I could spend all day watching their stuff.

Fuck Lupa. And just when she'd gotten me to sorta' like her for starting to review the Tremors films. Fuck, I was even gonna consider offering some of my Tremors models in case she coaxed Phelous into animating some kind of gimmicky "character invades the review" thing. Guess she can kiss THAT goodbye...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,161 Posts
    It appears that talking about Spoony in the comments and forums on TGWTG is a reason to get permabanned now. Doesn't matter if you talk about it in a civil fashion or not.
    wow what that's fucking retarded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #284
    January 2012
    288 Posts
    - Got a letter from a fan -- a suicide letter -- which turned out to be real.
    Jesus Christ that's horrible...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,161 Posts
    -snip, apparently incorrect-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,463 Posts
    Stand back, we have some internet professionals here, upholding the peace and what have you. No discussion needed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #287
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    6,214 Posts
    she didn't really do a whole lot. she just kind of said "so how about that rape joke" to Spoony, then everyone was all like "Lupa finally brought it up so now we can use it as evidence that Spoony is a dick!", then when Spoony saw that everybody thought he was a dick he flipped the fuck out (because he is kind of a dick), causing him to be fired. then he half-heartedly and sarcastically apologized later causing yet more people to think he was a dick.

that's basically everything that's happened.
    If you really think that is the whole story, you are terribly misinformed. While I don't blame Lupa entirely, I pour more of it on Holly, the PR manager of Channel Awesome.

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,463 Posts
    Honestly, that comment where she clearly talked to Scarlett and brought her in the situation was something out of high school "Oh hey, fuck your ex-boyfriend eh? We just got him in trouble. Love ya".

That alone is so unfathomably unprofessional that she needs to be punished somehow for it. Or at least a sit down with the people who run the site. Not only is that horrible PR from the person you hired to be the PR, but also using what is essentially a form of company asset as your own personal twitter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #289
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    Its not like they can deny his existance, he's still probably in most of the footage from the 4th anniversary special and he's in a lot of other peoples videos.

Just trying to forget he exists is stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #290
    July 2007
    6,214 Posts
    Its not like they can deny his existance, he's still probably in most of the footage from the 4th anniversary special and he's in a lot of other peoples videos.

Just trying to forget he exists is stupid.
    Not to mention the fact they deleted all his videos off the site under the reason "of leaving" while all of LordKat's videos are still there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #291
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    18,040 Posts
    Not to mention the fact they deleted all his videos off the site under the reason "of leaving" while all of LordKat's videos are still there.
    Okay what the fuck?

Spoony was one of the main guys for christ sake, he had his own thing under one of the tabs at the top, he was buds with most of the guys there, and they just delete his vids?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #292

December 2011
    401 Posts
    Wow, I forgot about that.

Now, that's just insane. Hell, LordKat broke a agreement with ThatGuyWithTheGlasses on his stream, yet his content is still there?

Lmao, this is beyond ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #293
    July 2007
    6,214 Posts
    Okay what the fuck?

Spoony was one of the main guys for christ sake, he had his own thing under one of the tabs at the top, he was buds with most of the guys there, and they just delete his vids?
    Personally I think while he was friends with most of the reviewers, I think he didn't get along well with the behind the scenes guys who ran the site.

14. Post #294

December 2011
    401 Posts
    Oh Holly~

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,901 Posts
    Discussing the controversy has been bannable on Spoony's forums for nearly a week now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #296

December 2011
    401 Posts
    Discussing the controversy has been bannable on Spoony's forums for nearly a week now

They're just bannable, right?

No permas?

17. Post #297
    July 2007
    6,214 Posts
    Yes, but not a permaban. Not saying it is right, but a temp ban is always better than a permaban.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #298

December 2011
    401 Posts
    Noah's twitter is a goldmine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #299
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    both parties have been like "we might mention each other in a few months and see what happens......"

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,544 Posts
    everything i've just read is fucking stupid

there is no real world

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)