1. Post #1
    June 2012
    16 Posts
    Leave
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2009
    6,271 Posts
    Let me tell you, in depth, why this was an awful idea, with awful execution, by (what I so far see to be) an awful poster. First let's attack the whole concept and reasoning you have for this before I discuss each thing one by one. You basically took what was originally a poorly executed attempt at making an interactive Minecraft story and turned it into something that was even more horrible than the original thread ever could have been.

The original thread at least tried to create an interactive story with a theme and some basic (albeit garbage) story. You took everything that could have been called "good" from that and removed it, then, you decided to make something that isn't even an interactive, rather a forum roleplay, and you did so even more poorly than the first guy.

So let's begin.

I know I'm going to get hate from this, but w/e
    First off, you decided to post this even though you knew no one would like it. That's a huge lapse in judgement, and if you honestly thought "hmmm, no one will like this", why would you post it? Not only this, as I've said before, an Interactive Story only requires two basic things from the OP, and that's dedication, and proper grammar and spelling. You have neither. Rather than spelling out "whatever", you actually thought it would be a good start to skip the whole word entirely, as well as the punctuation at the end, and just look like a jackass.

So there is no real backstory. AKA this is gonna be crap.
    Again, why would you post this if you knew it would be crap. Also, what kind of "Interactive Story" is this when there's no backstory or feedback from you? You literally give us no story, and just say "okay, fill out this sheet and play make believe!" You don't give us a scenario, choices, anything. You literally did something and were so lazy in doing so that you didn't even write any kind of backstory at all. You just wanted to try and cash the possible success of the original poster and create your own interactive you'd hope would do better. Then, you passive aggressively attack your own concept, hoping that by seeming humble, people will like it more. News flash, it's still shit no matter how much you try and self pity it to make it seem better.

Basically this is somewhat of a more realistic turn to minecraft. So there are things such as maces, crossbows, waraxes, etc.
    So then how is it Minecraft? If there are no images, and it's now realistic, what connection has this to Minecraft other than the few original creatures (two) there are to the game? You literally just call it a Minecraft interactive to try and leech people who play Minecraft because you lack any originality whatsoever. (Purely noticeable by your avatar as well)

You can specialize in certain abilities such as axes etc.
    Axes aren't an ability. They're an item.

Character app thingy:

Name:
    Race (You can be some kind of monster I suppose):
    Abilities:
    Backstory (Small paragraph or w/e):
    Starting area:
    Judging by the whole "starting area" thing, you hope this to be an RPG type MMO style thing, right? Well, I can't really complain about this, other than your (again) lack of proper grammar, and not taking this seriously. "thingy", "I suppose", and "w/e" really get us excited to play along! Also, really professional.

So here's mine I guess...
    I'm simply overflowing with excitement.

Name: Matt (So creative)
    Race: Human
    Abilities: Bows, tomahawks, and daggers
    Backstory: He grew up in a small house on a mountain with his parents. One night when he was about 12, the house was attacked by a mysterious hooded man. The man shot his parents with his crossbow and left him there alone. Matt eventually grew up and married a girl named Jennifer. They lived in Matt's old house. They had 2 children, but then the mysterious man came back. He seemed more ruthless and bloodthirsty this time. Matt attempted to punch him, but the man ducked and shot Jennifer. He then killed one of the children, and set a tnt charge in the house. Matt didn't have time to grab his child. The tnt exploded and Matt hardly survived...
    Starting area: The wreckage of his mountaintop house.
    Well, I can't judge too much, it's a biography, and people get to choose what they pick. Like I said before, weapons are not abilities. Yes, they could be considered aspects of life you are skilled at, but not "abilities" but that's just arguing semantics. (though with it being a writing based post, this is unacceptable) Your backstory is pretty drab, plain, uninventative, unoriginal and written poorly in general. I'll critique that as well.

He grew up in a small house on a mountain with his parents. One night when he was about 12, the house was attacked by a mysterious hooded man.
    Woah, how original, a boys' family is attacked by a mysterious man and his parents are killed. That's totally not something that is so convoluted and overdone that it is literally the premise of multiple novels, movies and comic books. I like how a mysterious stranger just randomly kills them and never gives a reason for murdering his family or even how he did it or any details that are important to character development. Also, something tells me you're 12, considering the age of "Matt" (you) at the time of the writing.

The man shot his parents with his crossbow and left him there alone.
    Why didn't the man kill the kid? Seems awfully pointless to let the kid live.

Matt eventually grew up and married a girl named Jennifer. They lived in Matt's old house. They had 2 children, but then the mysterious man came back.
    As well as the lack of information surrounding "Jennifer", the whole concept of the "Mysterious Man" is awful. He just kills Matt and his family? Like I said before, why not kill Matt when he was a child and not wait until now? Why is this man hellbent on killing random people, especially these people? You also ignore pretty much every crucial piece of information about Matt's life. Where did he go following his parents' deaths? Who raised him? When did he meet Jennifer? Did he have other family? Did he tell anyone about the Mysterious Man? There are tons of logical questions you totally ignore just to put "Jennifer" in the story, who is probably just a girl you know in real life and have a crush on, and felt like adding her in the story would make you feel good inside.

He seemed more ruthless and bloodthirsty this time.
    A man who murdered two innocent people in front of a child seemed more ruthless and bloodthirsty this time around? What? Are you even listening to yourself?

Matt attempted to punch him, but the man ducked and shot Jennifer.
    Now you're adding detail (again poorly) into one specific aspect on this guy's life, and not any other aspect of it. That's awful writing. I'm not even going to touch the whole concept of how any of this even happened.

He then killed one of the children, and set a tnt charge in the house. Matt didn't have time to grab his child. The tnt exploded and Matt hardly survived...
    So the guy randomly kills a kid and then decides to TNT the house? The only part of this that even relates to Minecraft is the concept of TNT, which isn't just related to Mincraft. Why wouldn't the guy just TNT the house with everyone inside, making sure everyone dies? Where does he go after the explosion? If Matt survives, why doesn't the man kill him, since he obviously knows everything that happens to this guy. Your story is generic bullshit and I wrote better stories when I was in the third grade.

So go ahead and post your character so we can start! (This will probably suck though :( )
    Again, self pity and doubt in order to appear humble and thus avoid criticism. "Oh, you knew it would suck, so it's okay, we forgive you :)" No, you knew it was awful, yet you posted it anyway. Rather than pour effort into it like respectable people, you took the lazy way out and ignored everything that makes an interactive fun and enjoyable and merely slapped a bio and the words "Minecraft" together hoping to get players in your "game."

Stop posting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner x 31Dumb x 1Agree x 1Funny x 1Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2012
    942 Posts
    Name: Finkle Mc.Tickleberry
    Race: Creeper
    Abilities: Pisses acid
    Backstory: THIS IS PERSONAL STUFF. I WOULD NOT LIKE TO SHARE IT WITH YOU
    Starting area: A tunnel carved with his own piss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    Name: Cockwrinkle the Destroyer
    Race: 3rd place in the Olympics
    Abilities: Very wrinkly.
    Backstory: He wrinkled up and shat bombs onto a building. The End.
    Starting Area: Shitting bombs onto buildings somewhere in someplace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2010
    424 Posts
    *Awesome long text*
    I love you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2012
    347 Posts
    Name:creeper2001
    Race:argonian
    Sex: all the time
    Abilities:i kno all the crafting recipes without looking at the wiki
    Backstory (Small paragraph or w/e): i found minecraft from my friends at school and my favorite mod is mo creatures
    Starting area: a room made out of diamond blocks with chests filled with tnt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2012
    942 Posts
    k guz let rolply:

finkle crawls up dis hole up to sunlight. he burns cuz he is mob and blows up

de end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    May 2012
    863 Posts
    Name: jeff
    Race (You can be some kind of monster I suppose): creeper (lol im a monster)
    Abilities: exploding !
    Backstory (Small paragraph or w/e): he is jeff and he is a creper and he explode
    Starting area: A FORIST

ok i explode
    im deed now :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    wrinkle wrinkles the fuck up and shits more bombs. then he dies or something from extreme penis diarrhea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2012
    16 Posts
    Can you guys let the thread die?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2012
    942 Posts
    no.

but den finkle repawns and he finds hemon. finkel duince lek hemon so he blws p. hemon die but so do finjkle. :'c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    January 2012
    347 Posts
    creeper2001 walks to Matt and kills him with a diamond sword

Sorry Matt, you're out of the game for now buddy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13

June 2012
    712 Posts
    Wow, Loriborn, you're a dick. He just wanted to have some fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts

He isn't a dick, he is just explaining why the idea he is giving out isn't going to work in any way.

Also:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    May 2012
    863 Posts
    Loriborn was explain why this wouldn't really work, and why he's terrible at writing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2012
    942 Posts
    Kylel999 ur mean. :'c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    October 2010
    11,569 Posts
    It's like them DA OCs or some shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

June 2012
    712 Posts
    Well he didn't have to be so offensive about how he went about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    October 2010
    11,569 Posts
    That's probably just you being a wuss. He told the truth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    October 2009
    6,271 Posts
    I'm sorry I don't like when an arrogant little kid, who insult other people in threads, says that they could make better Interactive Story and then posts this shit. I mean, he claimed that the OP of the previous thread could have made it much better, and he goes off and makes this in a way to "show him up" and he puts absolutely no effort whatsoever and ends up making something even worse than the original thread. He deserved to be critiqued like he was, and I never attacked him directly. He seems to take the criticism well enough to know not to get defensive, but you're going all "white knight" for some reason. Everything I said was true, and nothing was offensive. If anything I stated offended you, then it's life that offends you and you need to grow up and leave the house for once and see the real world, because what I posted was tame in comparison to what a lot of people would have said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    256 Posts
    Perhaps you should read this post.

Loriborn was perfectly legitimate in his criticisms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Here, I made mine related to minecraft.

Name:Steve?
    Race:Steve?
    Abilities:Punching trees
    Backstory:Some Swedish bloke made a game where you can customize the texture of your character, but he needed a default texture. He made Steve?
    Starting area:Some random island.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,937 Posts
    Can we let this thread die now, please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2012
    942 Posts
    Can we let this thread die now, please?
    i refuse to listen. you rat me dumbs. :'c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

25. Post #25
    June 2012
    16 Posts
    And of course, in addition to not letting the thread die, no-one has realized this is a troll post? This forum, while some people are nice (Loriborn), the majority are dicks to everyone who doesn't have an awesome post. And no, I am not saying that you should've been less mean to mine, as mine was intended to get attention for the purpose of getting bad ratings.

(User was banned for this post ("Admitting to trolling" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,937 Posts
    And of course, in addition to not letting the thread die, no-one has realized this is a troll post? This forum, while some people are nice (Loriborn), the majority are dicks to everyone who doesn't have an awesome post. And no, I am not saying that you should've been less mean to mine, as mine was intended to get attention for the purpose of getting bad ratings.
    If you tell us, you've failed as a troll/aren't one. Just an idiot poster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    October 2009
    6,271 Posts
    as mine was intended to get attention for the purpose of getting bad ratings.
    What an awful recovery. Do you seriously expect anyone to believe that? You made a bad post, deal with it instead of trying to do this whole: "lol guys I was just trolling you and you all fell for it. It was my plan all along!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,937 Posts
    And we're not dicks, you're the dick for not reading the rules and being inconsiderate before making a thread that would waste ours and your own time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

29. Post #29
    June 2012
    370 Posts
    Loriborn made it pretty clear. You got told, and now you're backing up into the good old spam-dumb!1 and "i wuz trolen u al long!!".

Stop posting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    May 2012
    863 Posts
    "G-guys! I w-was trolling y-y-y..you all along! I-it was g-good right? And the guy w-who told me off, h-he's soooo nice!"

So you're trying to cover your tracks by saying you were trolling, sucking up to the guy who fucking told you off, and we're dicks for not saying, "Aww, it's okay pal, you said it was crappy!"? Get fucked, you mongoloid shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    Please tell me you're not so dumb as to think it's within the rules to make stupid troll threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,311 Posts
    I WAS JUST PRETENDED TO BE RETARDED GUYS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    October 2009
    6,271 Posts
    So after I went to the guy's Steam profile to see if it was even possible that this was a troll post, I found a link to his Minecraft Forums account. This is where it gets better. Apparently the guy is a shit poster there too, constantly, and I mean constantly (at least a new thread every couple of weeks) advertising for his servers. The threads aren't all the same server either, oh no, they're multiple different ones. Each post in and of itself is cringe worthy, and it's easy to see he's not trolling when he comes off as an idiot.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/user/1181710-miner340/

Just a few highlights from the list of threads he's made:

Whitelist: Yes, see below
    Locally Hosted Server (Not 24/7)
    Fun Level: 9001
    Locally hosted server? Over 9000 fun? This guy is so smart and funny!

11. Everyone diserves ice cream
    Lol so random and funny! This guy is hilarious!

Oh, here's the gold. He attempted to get whitelisted for a server a few days ago, in the thread, it asks you to put in some personal information. Guess what his age is?

22 June 2012 - 04:08 AM
    In-game name: Miner240
    Do you play any other Oni Clan Games?: No thanks
    Why you want to join: Because I joined before, got banned, and am now unbanned
    How did you hear about this server: Oneupe1even
    Assuming he's adding a bit to his age, I would assume he's younger than that. It's kind of obvious he's a bad poster and trying to cover his ass to look like a cool kid who trolls people when he really just posted idiotic shit that would have gone well at MCForums, but not here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    May 2012
    863 Posts
    So after I went to the guy's Steam profile to see if it was even possible that this was a troll post, I found a link to his Minecraft Forums account. This is where it gets better. Apparently the guy is a shit poster there too, constantly, and I mean constantly (at least a new thread every couple of weeks) advertising for his servers. The threads aren't all the same server either, oh no, they're multiple different ones. Each post in and of itself is cringe worthy, and it's easy to see he's not trolling when he comes off as an idiot.

Oh, here's the gold. He attempted to get whitelisted for a server a few days ago, in the thread, it asks you to put in some personal information. Guess what his age is?

Assuming he's adding a bit to his age, I would assume he's younger than that. It's kind of obvious he's a bad poster and trying to cover his ass to look like a cool kid who trolls people when he really just posted idiotic shit that would have gone well at MCForums, but not here.
    Loriborn, how do you do it? You're perfect at anally wrecking people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

35. Post #35
    January 2012
    183 Posts
    Reading through this made me laugh, I don't want this thread to die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    August 2011
    199 Posts
    Name:.:Xslick/shitX:.
    Race (You can be some kind of monster I suppose):damn fuckin rights im a monsta
    Abilities: can roll good j's, chillin with hoes
    Backstory (Small paragraph or w/e):fuck you snitch
    Starting area: my ghetto ass crib
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts

Good mods, and good at ravaging reputations. Damn, man. You got it all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

38. Post #38
    May 2012
    863 Posts
    Good mods, and good at ravaging reputations. Damn, man. You got it all.
    This kid had a reputation to begin with?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    September 2010
    6,645 Posts
    This kid had a reputation to begin with?
    No. But now he has negative reputation, I guess?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

40. Post #40
    June 2012
    16 Posts
    It's already quite obvious that everything said here so far was needed, as I realize that this forum is definitely not for me. Either way, Lori, the MC forum thing was very unnecessary. I am 12, and I don't honestly care what people think about that, but if you actually saw my normal account it might look somewhat better. I would post the link here but I am not sure I want to get tons of people swarming my account. Even if you find my new account, I'm not sure I care.

Edited:

I'm going to attempt suicide. Not just because of this thread, but because of other things in life. And if you think it would be funny to talk about how im not actually going to commit suicide, it probably will be since I wont be able to read it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)