1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,068 Posts
    Hi, I have an Opel/Vauxhall Corsa C 1.3 CDTI but it has that normal air conditioning system that basically just pulls air into the car.

Is it possible to install a real A/C system in it? I haven't gone to Opel and ask about this with fear of looking like a fool.

Thanks.

By the way, all the other extras, is it possible to install them as well? (Like front fog lights, open-able roof, seat belt detector, etc.)

2. Post #2
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    If ac was available on your car as an option im sure you could put one into your model if im understanding what you are saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,522 Posts
    You could get an under-dash air conditioner.
    http://www.oldairproducts.com/catalo..._38000000.html

They would likely be difficult to mount on a modern car, because they are mostly designed for the flat bottomed dashboards that cars during the '50s to '80s had.

4. Post #4
    February 2010
    339 Posts

If all else fails :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    5,665 Posts

They would likely be difficult to mount on a modern car, because they are mostly designed for the flat bottomed dashboards that cars during the '50s to '80s had.
    heh the footrest looks like a foot

6. Post #6
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,048 Posts
    heh the footrest looks like a foot
    That's the handbrake

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    5,665 Posts
    whatever its both

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,068 Posts

Not really an option, unless I want to cool down/heat up my ballsack

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,196 Posts
    Any reason you couldn't mount one to the top of the glovebox?

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,068 Posts
    Would kind of block the visibility, that picture doesn't show the perspective I'm talking about, and I'd rather pay extra to install it by going to Opel (if it's possible) than have a A/C box there.

11. Post #11
    April 2007
    1,230 Posts
    Can retrofit the majority of optional extras as the wire loom is probably there so its a matter of plug and play for the most part on Corsa C's atleast. Becareful though, Vauxhall have a habbit of being completely random with what parts of the wiring loom they include so check first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,321 Posts
    I want a foot shaped gas pedal and an 8 ball on my gear shifter.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I want a foot shaped gas pedal and an 8 ball on my gear shifter.

This has been on p much every Honda I've owned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,321 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2009
    1,461 Posts
    Hi, I have an Opel/Vauxhall Corsa C 1.3 CDTI but it has that normal air conditioning system that basically just pulls air into the car.

Is it possible to install a real A/C system in it? I haven't gone to Opel and ask about this with fear of looking like a fool.

Thanks.

By the way, all the other extras, is it possible to install them as well? (Like front fog lights, open-able roof, seat belt detector, etc.)
    The A/C is usually an option, though I think all cars now should have it (they don't). The A/C is a few parts actually. The two largest ones are the condenser, which looks like a small radiator mounted in front or beside the regular radiator, and an A/C pump/compressor/etc... Along with that are refrigerant lines, and some other little pieces that would make it an extreme headache to install. It's possible, but is really something better off being bought with the car.

16. Post #16
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,103 Posts

It's scary to thing that quite a few people have done this.
    Honestly, if your car ever had an option for an AC the mounting locations and firewall openings should be present. Try and find a write-off of your car at a local scrapyard that had an AC and salvage the parts you need there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    It shouldn't be hard OP. All the mounts are there, you just have to get all the parts (which would probably be close to 1000 bucks, i know just a compressor and heat exchanger for my blazer were 500 alone) and put them in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    March 2008
    870 Posts
    Pretty much anything can be retrofitted these days as long as it was an option.

I find that newer cars are easier to retrofit stuff to because the wiring is all based on a bus - You just fit the parts, connect it up and code the feature into the car.

The hard part is getting the software to work for the coding, although it all depends on the age of your car.

You're probably best going to a Vauxhall forum and asking about retrofitting.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Should be, my AC doesnt work anymore, just saying the word "Air conditioner" and it will cost over 1000$ to repair.

Its expensive as fuck. Over 2000$ for the entire system.