1. Post #1
    May 2011
    1,911 Posts
    [release]

http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/

DAY 1:
    New game mode, Doomsday, is announced.
    Doomsday pits BLU against RED, with only one team getting the honor of transporting a suitcase nuke full of recalled Mann Co. Australium to American monkeynaut Poopy Joe’s rocket, so he can blast off and hunt down Soviet space chimp Vladimir Bananas. It's the same spirit of competitive enterprise that stalled the moon landing by three years when Buzz Aldrin suplexed Neil Armstrong into a pile of folding chairs at Astromania '69! Both teams will attempt to get the necessary fuel up a preposterously slow-moving elevator and into Poopy Joe’s Australium-powered rocket to the stars.
    Looks like a mix of KotH and scavenge from L4D2, but nobody knows how it'll play out for sure.

Secret link, click the banana on the bottom of the update page.

DAY 2:

- New hidden link! Look to the right of yesterday's banana. Leads to a comic.

New item sets!
    -Scout gets the Public Enemy set, includes a new Scattergun that turns him into a Ferrari and he also gets a Pistol.
    -Soldier gets the Dumpster Diver set, includes a Rocket Launcher that can shoot three rockets at once at the cost of accuracy.
    -Sniper gets the Urban Professional set, includes a new Sniper that decapitates, therefore making it the highlight of the update. Also includes an SMG but who cares everyone uses Jarate anyway.
    -Pyro gets a flare gun that knocks people back and that's it. He'll probably get some more toys in Day 3.
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 129Dumb Dumb x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    8,014 Posts
    My PANTS

are on FIRE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 25Dumb Dumb x 5Zing Zing x 5Funny Funny x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FAT FETISH
    June 2010
    826 Posts
    Oh god whats going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    April 2012
    5,287 Posts
    At first I didn't believe... but

5. Post #5
    As a wise man once said: Never ask Fatfatfatty for computer advice
    March 2009
    12,836 Posts
    hot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 16 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,344 Posts
    IT'S HAPPENING!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,947 Posts
    Oh hello

Meet

The

Pyro

8. Post #8
    Clicked for RickRoll...

WAIT HOLY SHIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    912 Posts
    Excitement!

10. Post #10
    June 2009
    476 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 34Funny x 6Optimistic x 1Dumb x 1Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,334 Posts
    so the new gamemode is kinda like KOTH mixed with L4D2's gas collecting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 28 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,596 Posts
    I'm burning alive!

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,590 Posts
    Hey, that's pretty cool!

but uh

not to sound entitled or impatient or anything

but is that really all we get to see today? a vague explanation of a new gamemode that sounds a bit like a port of that one Left 4 Dead gas can game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Dumb Dumb x 14 (list)

14. Post #14
    Dear leader of the DPRKFC
    December 2009
    14,362 Posts
    ASCEND!

15. Post #15
    Actually a Time Lord
    November 2011
    8,014 Posts
    This page is now my homepage for the next 3 days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Stick Figure Artist
    July 2009
    3,906 Posts

I'M READY VALVE

TAKE ME
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 24Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    i will be awake all 50 hours
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 7Funny x 3Optimistic x 1Informative x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,947 Posts
    Code:
    Pyromania: Day One
    June 25, 2012 - TF2 Team

You read that right (presumably): the long-awaited final Meet the Team short, Meet the Pyro, is dropping in less than three days, and we decided to assemble a massive update to celebrate it.

That only left the issue of what to call the update. Luckily, at the very moment we were thinking about it, someone turned on the radio. Guess what song was on? That's right: 'Safety Dance'.

"That's a pretty catchy song," we said. "Who sings that?" Well, we don't want to upset you, so we won't type it here, but suffice it to say the band that wrote 'Safety Dance' has the most unthinkably offensive name we've ever heard.

Then 'Rock of Ages' came on, off Def Leppard's album Pyromania, so we turned off the radio because it wasn't helping. Suddenly, no thanks at all to music, we came up with the name on our own: The Pyromania Update.

Day One of Pyromania reveals Doomsday, a new map with a brand new game mode that lets you relive one of the darkest days in TF history. It's all pretty heartwrenching, until you discover you'll get achievements, which are also detailed in today's update.

Keep your eyes open, folks. We'll be announcing a bunch of new stuff this week, right up until the premiere of Meet the Pyro this Wednesday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

19. Post #19
    Wait what the hell.
    Where's Tobor? I WANT ROBOTS, NOT THIS DUMB MONKEY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree x 24Disagree x 4Dumb x 2Friendly x 1Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,956 Posts
    Doomsday pits BLU against RED, with only one team getting the honor of transporting a suitcase nuke full of recalled Mann Co. Australium to American monkeynaut Poopy Joe’s rocket, so he can blast off and hunt down Soviet space chimp Vladimir Bananas. It's the same spirit of competitive enterprise that stalled the moon landing by three years when Buzz Aldrin suplexed Neil Armstrong into a pile of folding chairs at Astromania '69! Both teams will attempt to get the necessary fuel up a preposterously slow-moving elevator and into Poopy Joe’s Australium-powered rocket to the stars.
    I'm in tears
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,637 Posts
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    hi there
    Dennab
    September 2011
    5,898 Posts
    OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

IT'S GONNA BE GREAT AND I KNOW IT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,613 Posts
    So that's what these soldier bomb hold animations were for!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Winner x 50Agree x 4Informative x 3Dumb x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    March 2010
    251 Posts
    WEDNESDAY?!

HNNNNG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

25. Post #25
    July 2009
    5,950 Posts
    IT BEGINS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

26. Post #26
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,112 Posts
    Wait, so how does it work? They say it's a brand new gamemode but it sounds like Payload. Unless of course it is like Offensive CTF, picking up the briefcase and delivering it to the drop-off point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    December 2011
    123 Posts

MY BODY IS READY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 34Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,344 Posts
    Of course the day MtP comes out is one of my longest work days.

Fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    January 2012
    132 Posts
    Bahahahaha Yes i am new and YES I LOVE THIS!MY PANTS ARE NOW FULL OF BODILY FLUIDS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    I'LL SUCK DICK FOR SELF-MADES
    July 2011
    10,069 Posts
    I wonder what will be on the bottom of the page. It looks so empty.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Guys...

MVM

Man

Versus

Monkey

goog joj
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 26Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    February 2009
    3,879 Posts
    Oh boy here we go!
       I swear to god if the pyro turns out to be a monkey   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    August 2011
    22 Posts
    Aww yeah.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 38Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Dear leader of the DPRKFC
    December 2009
    14,362 Posts
    THIS RELATES TO THE MOONRAKER! INTO SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,164 Posts
    my donut just became awesomer.

36. Post #36
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,945 Posts
    we're the reason Poopy Joe died heh...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 27Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    April 2011
    125 Posts
    I was wondering when Valve would finally make a reference to the Men Without Hats in a blog post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,560 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic x 22Winner x 3Late x 2Agree x 2Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #39

September 2009
    3,264 Posts
    -nevermind someone pointed it out-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2009
    1,762 Posts
    Oh boy here we go!
       I swear to god if the pyro turns out to be a monkey   
    How can the Pyro be on the ship and be carrying gas cans to it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)