June 2010
    15,942 Posts
    they're making such a huge drama over it lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

2. Post #82
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    Is this still over the 1k rp compensation for people that lost content?

Funnily enough I remember them giving out that compensation to people with missing content like months ago, possibly even last year, wonder why it's such a big deal now (other than the general LoL forums being a bunch of entitled brats who didn't know about this beforehand)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,366 Posts
    Draven is such a fun champion.

Just juggling an axe at a minion wave. Then suddenly this guy is trying to sologank you.
    Nope, double juggling all up this bitch and he's dead within seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #84
    February 2009
    22,959 Posts
    yeah people still whining about not getting 1k RP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #85
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,942 Posts
    Only fun thing about Draven is his ult IMO. I'd rather get Ez then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    yeah people still whining about not getting 1k RP
    Riot just needs to sit down and tell people that that's how it is and they should get over themselves ban everyone complaining

It can only make the community better

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,624 Posts
    Love going against Draven as Ahri in mid, easy lane for me.

But then bot and top feed and we lose the game anyway.. My average Normal Blind game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    August 2010
    1,471 Posts
    Riot just needs to sit down and tell people that that's how it is and they should get over themselves ban everyone complaining

It can only make the community better
    Quite honestly I disagree with them handing out 1k RP in the first place, considering that everyone was effected about the same. Though you'd have to be absolutely retarded to make personal attacks at riot/rioters over it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #89
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,942 Posts
    Love going against Dravens as Ahri in mid, easy lane for me.

But then bot and top feed and we lose the game anyway.. My average Normal Blind game.
    Well, any AD carry mid (except maybe Cait against certain enemies) is a horrible idea

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,624 Posts
    AD Ezreal mid works just fine for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    August 2010
    1,471 Posts
    Graves works depending on the mid opponent, as well as Miss Fortune. Though most of them are pretty weak mids.

Edit: Kog is good but only as an AP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    Quite honestly I disagree with them handing out 1k RP in the first place, considering that everyone was effected about the same. Though you'd have to be absolutely retarded to make personal attacks at riot/rioters over it.
    They've always given 1K RP to players that had missing content, I said this before, the only reason people seem to be having a problem with it is cause riot has been having server downtime recently and somehow this means they shouldn't have given it out like they have always done and always will do?

Some players just need to accept that they're entitled assholes who think the 10 Win IP boost just wasn't enough for their entitled selves, it's a 670RP Ip boost and they're complaining that people shouldn't have gotten 1k RP because they didn't even experience their content being lost, they'd prefer it if riot only hand out compensation to people that are actively playing the game when their content goes missing

13. Post #93
    August 2010
    1,471 Posts
    Quite frankly I think everyone is "entitled" to having the servers work. The 10 win IP boost was over them breaking the game for a day and compensating people for it. Then they re-released the same patch and fucked everything up for practically a week. Though I understand that they hand out 1k RP to people who lose content, this time it was a direct result of that patch which EVERYONE had to suffer through. As a result, I honestly think everyone should receive some compensation.

14. Post #94
    February 2009
    22,959 Posts
    Except a lot of people just want the 1k RP because they're greedy fucks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    Quite frankly I think everyone is "entitled" to having the servers work. The 10 win IP boost was over them breaking the game for a day and compensating people for it. Then they re-released the same patch and fucked everything up for practically a week. Though I understand that they hand out 1k RP to people who lose content, this time it was a direct result of that patch which EVERYONE had to suffer through. As a result, I honestly think everyone should receive some compensation.
    This is what the IP boosts are for, and people losing content because of a patch is nothing new, it happens with almost every patch just cause of minor things like database errors and other tiny things that only happen to 0.01% of the playerbase

Server instability around patches is to be expected, nobody is entitled to having the server work 100% of the time, even the minecraft community is more accepting of server instability than this, it's a fucking disgrace

16. Post #96
    August 2010
    1,471 Posts
    Except a lot of people just want the 1k RP because they're greedy fucks
    No one would've asked for the 1k RP in the first place had it not been given out to anyone. The people want compensation in some form, and seeing that some got compensated while everyone else didn't really pisses a lot of people off. It doesn't help that condescending responses were made to the statements about it. As someone who works for a company that actually focuses on customer service, I've got to say Riot's "customer service" has been flat out awful as of late.

Edited:

This is what the IP boosts are for, and people losing content because of a patch is nothing new, it happens with almost every patch just cause of minor things like database errors and other tiny things that only happen to 0.01% of the playerbase

Server instability around patches is to be expected, nobody is entitled to having the server work 100% of the time, even the minecraft community is more accepting of server instability than this, it's a fucking disgrace
    Of course it's expected the game is slow on patch day. But it's been almost a week. This is worse than any other point that I've experienced in the two years of playing the game. The IP Boost was given to everyone for what happened on that Saturday. Everyone was fine with it, then they re-released the patch causing even further downtime. And now that people are frustrated, they spit in their faces.

I don't expect Riot's servers to be up 100% of the time, but their decisions as of late have been downright awful.

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,624 Posts
    What exactly was in the patch that fucked the game up so bad anyways?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

18. Post #98
    August 2010
    1,471 Posts
    What exactly was in the patch that fucked the game up so bad anyways?
    To be honest I really don't know, but they released quality of life changes and art changes. No Pulsefire Ezreal, no real balance changes, nothing important. And over it they released a flood of bugs, server downtime, and ridiculously long log-in ques.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    No one would've asked for the 1k RP in the first place had it not been given out to anyone. The people want compensation in some form, and seeing that some got compensated while everyone else didn't really pisses a lot of people off. It doesn't help that condescending responses were made to the statements about it. As someone who works for a company that actually focuses on customer service, I've got to say Riot's "customer service" has been flat out awful as of late.

Edited:

Of course it's expected the game is slow on patch day. But it's been almost a week. This is worse than any other point that I've experienced in the two years of playing the game. The IP Boost was given to everyone for what happened on that Saturday. Everyone was fine with it, then they re-released the patch causing even further downtime. And now that people are frustrated, they spit in their faces.

I don't expect Riot's servers to be up 100% of the time, but their decisions as of late have been downright awful.
    So what you're saying is, Riot should have stopped compensating players for lost content because the community is bad enough to see that and demand it

Oh right and the community is dumb enough to see a free IP boost and think it's for that one isolated incident and not any troubles the servers would have with that very same patch afterwards, it's not even 2 different patches it's the same patch that they had to delay to fix problems with

I think people have said this before but before the split EU had these problems a ton and no compensation was given out, now the playerbase thinks they deserve even more than what they have already gotten

20. Post #100
    August 2010
    1,471 Posts
    So what you're saying is, Riot should have stopped compensating players for lost content because the community is bad enough to see that and demand it
    No, I didn't say anything of the sort. What I feel they should've done is given even compensation across the board. Everyone was directly affected by the problems involved in the patch. Most people were unable to play the game and use their own content they've payed for. Most people who got the 1k RP just came back from not being able to log in with a little extra gift. The fact that it wasn't given to everyone is what frustrates people when everyone was thrown into the same pool of issues.

Heck, they don't even have to give those who didn't lose content 1k RP. They could just give them another IP boost or a smaller amount of RP like 300. At least something to compensate for the whole damn mess they caused.

Quite frankly this garbage would've never started if they had just pushed the patch back until they had properly tested it. They knew it was broken and forced it back to the playerbase anyway.

Edited:

Oh right and the community is dumb enough to see a free IP boost and think it's for that one isolated incident and not any troubles the servers would have with that very same patch afterwards, it's not even 2 different patches it's the same patch that they had to delay to fix problems with

I think people have said this before but before the split EU had these problems a ton and no compensation was given out, now the playerbase thinks they deserve even more than what they have already gotten
    Except it was for one isolated incident. When they announced it, Riot stated blatantly it was for the server issues caused on that day. It was in-fact entirely for the problems caused on that day.

Also people weren't quiet about that split. People were enraged for an awfully long period of time. If I dug for it I could probably find threads asking for compensation on the EU forums. They didn't exactly sit there and take it while Riot fucked them over.

21. Post #101
    December 2009
    691 Posts
    I may be dumb .. but what the hell are you all talking about ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

22. Post #102
    August 2010
    1,471 Posts
    I may be dumb .. but what the hell are you all talking about ?
    North America's been having massive server issues for a week now over a patch they released on June 20th.

Edited:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/june-20-patch-notes

Edited:

Here's one example of the drama caused by their actions:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2285786
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    December 2009
    691 Posts
    Thanks for clearing that up for me <3 lot less confused now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,151 Posts
    Just bought olaf and I have to say... he is a fucking beast.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,462 Posts
    He stopped being played when they nerfed him by slowing his walking animation as he gets bigger
    what

Edited:

hasn't it been like that since like forever lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

26. Post #106
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,942 Posts
    Just bought olaf and I have to say... he is a fucking beast.

AMON AMARTH FUCK YEAH
    I love you

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,116 Posts
    I love how NA are going through now, what EU did last year.

Seeing these shit storms brewing again is like looking into the past.

Dark days indeed.

28. Post #108
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    what

Edited:

hasn't it been like that since like forever lol
    it got changed with the riven patch on september 14th '11

29. Post #109
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,942 Posts
    but his MS got buffed

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,151 Posts
    AMON AMARTH FUCK YEAH
    I love you
    Best Olaf music in existance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,552 Posts
    -lots of text-
    Something you made me realise with this post is that the community expects this compensation of IP boosts now, so if they gave out extra stuff for server instability they'd be fucking themselves over in the long run because next time the community will expect this extra stuff and if even more troubles arives they'll want even more than that because that's what happened last time

Also regardless of what happened Riot did the right thing by compensating the people who lost their stuff regardless of if they managed to log in or not, people think they deserve this compensation too because they weren't able to access the game at all, these people also seem to forget that the server hasn't been 100% down over the past week or so, there has been plenty of uptime where you could log on and play with the risk of lag and server crashes, this uptime wasn't at the most convenient time but it still happened and players could have still logged on and been devestated that their stuff was missing

In the end I think riot should just stop giving out compensation for 1 day server issues so that it can be more appreciated when larger issues arise

(Also ban all the idiots attacking riot and the riot employees because they won't give them free stuff)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,151 Posts
    That feeling when you have to play with IRL friends, and they suck ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,942 Posts
    THIS. And even worse is that they refuse to learn.
    Friend builds PD on WW and feeds with him. "BUT I OWNED LAST GAME"
    Bitch, that's because your normal elo is low and you're playing with brainless people, ffs.

Edited:

It's funny how they all usually have like 800 elo and blame "elo hell"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,896 Posts
    so last game, I won my lane hard and was dicking around in mid, got up to unstoppable and the vlad in there told me to b because we were getting low. My Response?

"the game just told me I was unstoppable? why would I leave if they can't stop me?"
    they surrendered after I hit godlike.

I love playing Olaf

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,151 Posts
    I love all the double kills you get when people think they can take on a low hp olaf.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,896 Posts
    I love all the double kills you get when people think they can take on a low hp olaf.
    the clutch axes through the fog of war or into the jungle or under towers for kills.

37. Post #117
    August 2010
    1,471 Posts
    Something you made me realise with this post is that the community expects this compensation of IP boosts now, so if they gave out extra stuff for server instability they'd be fucking themselves over in the long run because next time the community will expect this extra stuff and if even more troubles arives they'll want even more than that because that's what happened last time

Also regardless of what happened Riot did the right thing by compensating the people who lost their stuff regardless of if they managed to log in or not, people think they deserve this compensation too because they weren't able to access the game at all, these people also seem to forget that the server hasn't been 100% down over the past week or so, there has been plenty of uptime where you could log on and play with the risk of lag and server crashes, this uptime wasn't at the most convenient time but it still happened and players could have still logged on and been devestated that their stuff was missing

In the end I think riot should just stop giving out compensation for 1 day server issues so that it can be more appreciated when larger issues arise

(Also ban all the idiots attacking riot and the riot employees because they won't give them free stuff)
    After reading your post you made me think on something. How exactly is providing good customer servers "fucking themselves in the long run"? Simply put, it's not.

If you look outside the video game industry you'll see that it's rather common for a company to give up something in order to satisfy the customer as it maintains trust.

Just the other day working at the Home Depot, we had a guy who's mower broke after the 30 day warranty. His pull string had stop working and he was upset. We offered him the option of getting his pullstring repaired, but he wanted either a refund or a new mower. Despite it being outside the policy, after it going through management and talking with the guy, we gave him a new mower and he left just fine.

This man was angry, intolerable, and unreasonable. Yet at the end of the day he's a satisfied customer and he'll probably continue to trust the Home Depot as a company. He had a bad attitude and definitely was unreasonable and acted entitled, but we helped him anyway. We have several people come in with their problems and we offer them the same options. Though, while this customer may've been out of line we served him anyway.

I think the point I'm trying to make here is that outside of the video game industry, companies are willing to make small sacrifices for customer trust. Doing something like giving away about 7$ worth of RP isn't going to hurt Riot in the long run. In fact people would be more trustworthy of them. Will people abuse it and ask for unreasonable demands sometimes? Of course, but they don't have to always give it to them. Point is that going out of their way to serve a customer is not a bad thing by any means.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    September 2010
    1,254 Posts
    That feeling when you're playing with friends and the 2 duo queue on your team are horrible and feeds bot lane and whoever comes to gank. Then they call the whole team noob when they're the only ones negative.

39. Post #119
    August 2010
    1,471 Posts
    That feeling when you're playing with friends and the 2 duo queue on your team are horrible and feeds bot lane and whoever comes to gank. Then they call the whole team noob when they're the only ones negative.
    What about that feeling when you're playing (insert role here) and then when you decide to play something else, another player does a terrible job at it. AKA Every game I'm not jungling.

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,896 Posts
    What about that feeling when you're playing (insert role here) and then when you decide to play something else, another player does a terrible job at it. AKA Every game I'm not jungling.
    except your last game where Olaf wrecked everything :V