1. Post #4601
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    You are completely right, Rilez. Thing is, a lot of the people in this thread are ranked players who don't give a shit about having fun and only care for stomping. I played Xin before the change because he's fun. I play Heimerdinger because he's fun. I don't really care how viable they're seen to be, they can do well all depending on the people who you play against and with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #4602
    June 2009
    2,208 Posts
    Tonnes of people have told you in the past why old eve was bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #4603
    June 2012
    7 Posts
    Yo! Got a Riot K-9 Nasus code to raffle away, believe it'll work on both EUNE and NA servers (already used on west). I'll take entrants through PM and draw a winner using random.org tomorrow (20.07) about 11:00 GMT (+0).

Please note if you're gonna use it on EUNE or NA, cos I'd love to have people from both servers be able
    to use it. I'll do separate draws for EUNE and NA. I'll just have to trust that one winner doesn't use it on both servers, but I'll do it in good faith still.

(It'll add Nasus to your champion roster as well if you don't have him already :)

Good luck!

putting this up on this page before I go to bed. Draw 1100 gmt!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #4604
    I survived the Temple of Doom
    December 2008
    6,101 Posts
    What was the rework on Kayle and Alistar? I've got both, and I enjoy both to a limited extent, but I started playing after their reworks, I think. Curious if it was their reworks that are the reason I can play them at all.
    My friend mained pre-rework Kayle and I mained pre-rework Alistar and we both went botlane and we probably lost one out of every ten games doing that.

Pre-rework Ali's stun lasted much longer (in a smaller AoE), his ult protected him a lot more, he gained a shitton more HP per level, and instead of that shitty joke of a passive he has now he had 20/40/60% extra damage to turrets. Combined with the Sheen that I used to rush on him I could crush turrets early and lategame and had a unique style of tanking (if you didn't at least try to peel me after I did my initial round of CC, you'd lose a turret almost for sure). His innate tankiness (114 HP per level!!!) let me build AD Ali, Ap Ali, Ward Bitch Ali, whatever I wanted. I think the best part was that everything I did on Alistar I found out myself, not from some guide. So that's why he was so fun, I took ownership of a champ and made him mine.

And then he got reworked and his combos that used to take skill to pull off became easymode and his innate tankiness took a huge hit, and he went from a rarely used pick to an instaban with one right way to play him, all in the name of homogenized design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #4605
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    This is what I'm talking about.

Things like this should be open for discussion. I'd rather see people actually discussing viability, not just back and forth X sucks, Y is horrible, etc.

If they suck, why? I don't care if it's Eve or whatever. If I'm dumb, tell me why I'm dumb. I'm not going to eat you alive, I want to have a discussion. What's so wrong about that?
    i think that's more of just a blanket statement rather than generalizing a group of stuff, since i don't know how you could generalize a single champion
    we already had a good discussion so i don't think there's a reason to revisit

also i just pinged the servers for 300 ping, i thought it might be ok, i went in game and got 3k ping and constant dcs

maybe i'll just quit forever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events

6. Post #4606
    Dennab
    September 2011
    1,790 Posts
    i remember you screaming about how orgasmically good xin blitz is before the rework

how good is it now?
    go try it right now

Edited:

ashe? why
    explain
    Hitting an good ashe ult in a 5v5 team fight on the right target wins you the game past 45 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #4607
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,528 Posts
    My friend mained pre-rework Kayle and I mained pre-rework Alistar and we both went botlane and we probably lost one out of every ten games doing that.

Pre-rework Ali's stun lasted much longer (in a smaller AoE), his ult protected him a lot more, he gained a shitton more HP per level, and instead of that shitty joke of a passive he has now he had 20/40/60% extra damage to turrets. Combined with the Sheen that I used to rush on him I could crush turrets early and lategame and had a unique style of tanking (if you didn't at least try to peel me after I did my initial round of CC, you'd lose a turret almost for sure). His innate tankiness (114 HP per level!!!) let me build AD Ali, Ap Ali, Ward Bitch Ali, whatever I wanted. I think the best part was that everything I did on Alistar I found out myself, not from some guide. So that's why he was so fun, I took ownership of a champ and made him mine.

And then he got reworked and his combos that used to take skill to pull off became easymode and his innate tankiness took a huge hit, and he went from a rarely used pick to an instaban with one right way to play him, all in the name of homogenized design.
    backdoor alistar was hilarious

sword of divine + bloodthirster lololol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #4608
    caw caw motherfuckers
    July 2007
    7,849 Posts
    i think that's more of just a blanket statement rather than generalizing a group of stuff, since i don't know how you could generalize a single champion
    we already had a good discussion so i don't think there's a reason to revisit
    That's fair, I just wish I could have convinced you before she got remade

While the new Eve certainly has some design problems with her new stealth, she will be in a good place if they change it

Edited:

backdoor alistar was hilarious

sword of divine + bloodthirster lololol
    iirc MacLaren was going to make a Backdooristar guide before he got remade

Not sure if he actually did or not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #4609
    I made WAYWO a better place
    September 2011
    1,311 Posts
    This is what I'm talking about.

Things like this should be open for discussion. I'd rather see people actually discussing viability, not just back and forth X sucks, Y is horrible, etc.

If they suck, why? I don't care if it's Eve or whatever. If I'm dumb, tell me why I'm dumb. I'm not going to eat you alive, I want to have a discussion. What's so wrong about that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #4610
    caw caw motherfuckers
    July 2007
    7,849 Posts
    I assume these are Eve W/L ratios? This likely includes jungle, mid, bot and troll Eve, so I'm not sure what this proves about top Eve

Edited:

This is more conclusive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

11. Post #4611
    December 2009
    11,608 Posts
    I wish Lee Sagat had been included with this patch :(

12. Post #4612
    August 2009
    676 Posts

Time to play Malz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

13. Post #4613
    June 2009
    2,208 Posts
    I assume these are Eve W/L ratios? This likely includes jungle, mid, bot and troll Eve, so I'm not sure what this proves about top Eve

Edited:

This is more conclusive
    are you serious? a list of select people who have played eve a few times with good results is more conclusive than a graph which details the entirety of eve games over a months period? what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #4614
    January 2010
    2,368 Posts
    Playing Sejuani just now. So my mid ends up being Nunu. Feeds Gragas six kills before he loses his turret at 15 minutes. Bottom lane support Lulu gets himself and our Miss Fortune killed about as many times between the two of them, then his awful pathing gets him killed another 13 times by the end of the game - he never got to be in a single team fight and never had wards out. Despite this, our top lane Xin Zhao got fed out of his mind after some seriously hot plays on his part and camping at top lane by me, so we come out okay-ish in team fights. They weren't easy but if we blew everything on Ashe their damage fell dramatically and we would be able to kill everyone else.

Enemy team makes a bad play, Sejuani ult into Xin Zhao and Miss Fortune ult melts their Ashe, Irelia, and Gragas, Amumu barely even walks away, Janna is Janna so we don't even bother chasing her. I call for Baron and we all head out on it. This being 30 minutes in, it'll at least mean we'll be able to farm and take one or two turrets and turn the game back even. Sadly it takes forever to kill the thing since, well, I'm Sejuani, and our Miss Fortune doesn't even have an Infinity Edge yet, even at 30 minutes. Just bits and pieces of a bunch of shit.

Then fed Gragas throws his ultimate out of the wall, having already respawned, blows me right the fuck back (And nearly one-shots me after Baron tanking), body slams and throws a barrel into it, and steals it.

Apparently it is my fault we lost because I suck at smiting.

I really fucking hate jungling with retards. I consider it the same as being a cop in real-life. Nobody wants you around until they need/want you. If you aren't around when they need/want you, they hate you. If you're around when they don't want/need you, they hate you. It's always damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

15. Post #4615
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,718 Posts

i still dont get the plot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

16. Post #4616
    caw caw motherfuckers
    July 2007
    7,849 Posts
    are you serious? a list of select people who have played eve a few times with good results is more conclusive than a graph which details the entirety of eve games over a months period? what?
    There were a lot of wrong ways to play the old Eve. A W/L graph says nothing how she performed because there were too many variables involved with her play. She only had one really viable build. She was also the "troll pick" which also likely resulted in a lot of losses.

My point is people that knew how to play her did well. She was viable even at high level play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #4617
    I made WAYWO a better place
    September 2011
    1,311 Posts

Edited:

This is more conclusive
    You can clearly see that all of them play eve top at 2k elo on a daily bases. And those 2 wins aren't just from a year ago when they where 1k elo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4618
    not retarded or something
    July 2008
    6,111 Posts
    oh god rammus top is hilarious, got fb on olaf and just steamrolled after that

tanky dps rammus strikes again!

19. Post #4619
    March 2009
    2,440 Posts
    picked graves and had some asshole go ezreal
    proceeded to lose b/c neither of us had enough cs to fight 1v1 and he disconnected and gave away firstblood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Taiwan Show Events

20. Post #4620
    September 2010
    1,254 Posts
    Eve goes bot with ignite and ghost and pushes lane when I'm Ashe. Malphite blames me for not being able to get cs when Eve is pushing with auto attacks and hatespike unto Twitch and Galio AND with an enemy Eve jungling. They stick around mid trying to get Nidalee when top Xin is getting owned by Fiora.

And now I think I realize why I have white hairs on my head.

21. Post #4621
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,013 Posts
    Ahhh, I was just in a game with a twitch that said his new stealth was "useless" and he wouldn't take points in it until it was the only thing left.

I wanted to kill him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #4622
    Dennab
    September 2011
    1,790 Posts
    Support heimerdinger on my team, why can't people stick with the fucking meta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

23. Post #4623
    Ask Rohan about rust keys!
    August 2011
    2,545 Posts

A++ name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #4624
    For once, don't be so weak.
    August 2011
    2,166 Posts
    Have you tried Draft?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #4625
    December 2008
    6,101 Posts
    Viktor's ult does less dps at level 2 than Rammus's does at level one. That's fucking sad.

26. Post #4626
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    play ranked or draft, the only places where people should give a shit about the meta?

27. Post #4627
    August 2011
    2,166 Posts
    Viktor's ult does less dps at level 2 than Rammus's does at level one. That's fucking sad.
    maybe flat damage but AP scaling bro

28. Post #4628
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    8,381 Posts
    I'm terrible with playing AD carry, how do improve my laning?

29. Post #4629
    August 2011
    2,166 Posts
    I'm terrible with playing AD carry, how do improve my laning?
    practice positioning and managing yours and your enemy's CS and harass.

30. Post #4630
    December 2008
    6,101 Posts
    maybe flat damage but AP scaling bro
    Viktor's total damage ratio is 2.3, rammus's is 2.4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #4631
    June 2011
    6,466 Posts

A++ name.
    oh god choking on this bagel lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

32. Post #4632
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,840 Posts
    anyone want to play a few games? i'm only level 21

33. Post #4633
    Dennab
    September 2011
    1,790 Posts
    Have you tried Draft?
    it was a ranked game, you fuckwad

he went 3/15

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Ninja101))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

34. Post #4634
    HOLY FUCK EVERYONE HAS TITLES NOW
    January 2008
    4,240 Posts

viktor's has a nuke too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

35. Post #4635
    December 2008
    6,101 Posts
    viktor's has a nuke too
    A weak one. Rammus has a much better chance of getting the entire DoT off.

36. Post #4636
    HOLY FUCK EVERYONE HAS TITLES NOW
    January 2008
    4,240 Posts
    A weak one. Rammus has a much better chance of getting the entire DoT off.
    yeah well viktor has a 0.5s silence!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #4637
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,193 Posts
    OP
    nerf please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events

38. Post #4638
    December 2008
    6,101 Posts
    Rammus has a 60 Second CD and viktor has 2 minutes.

39. Post #4639
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    lol wtf eve has perma invis now even at lvl 1

Edited:

wait they can see her if they're close

what the fuck is that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #4640
    August 2011
    2,166 Posts
    it was a ranked game, you fuckwad

he went 3/15
    because I totally knew what you were playing, dickhead

Viktor's total damage ratio is 2.3, rammus's is 2.4
    jesus nerf that shiet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)