1. Post #5281
    Some weird shit just happened with my launcher, got invited to a game from a mate, joined queue, everything was normal, locked in, then outa nowhere everyone got unlocked and could select the same champions. Then the countdown went to 0 and held for a good 30 seconds then counted down again, then got reqeued, tried closing the game and it said there was no current game available.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #5282
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,553 Posts
    Ugh. Trundle's ganks are not what they used to be.
    Get people to bait out enemy dashes and you'll easily pick up a kill or at least force a flash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #5283
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,166 Posts
    Ugh. Trundle's ganks are not what they used to be.
    because everyone has an escape spell or what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #5284
    I survived the Temple of Doom
    December 2008
    6,106 Posts
    Yeah that. His pillar and stuff are great against people without dashes who actually have to walk. If someone pops ghost or a speedboost it's no problem but so many champs now can just dash through or away from the pillar.

Edited:

At least he can still do a lot in teamfights with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #5285
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Getting people to use their escape spells in your gank attempt is good enough. Gank again soon if they overextend and they won't be able to do it again.

6. Post #5286
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #5287
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,961 Posts
    not if it's ezreal or graves whose escape spell is generally always up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #5288
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,752 Posts
    Lee sin with 4 Bloodthirsters, boots and Guardian Angle, go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

9. Post #5289
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,523 Posts
    Just went against a Fizz/Malz duo mid as Ahri, LoL turned into a survival horror game pretty fast.

We still won because their Xin and Jayce went AFK.

Turns out the Fizz was a lvl 30 with 1100 wins

:/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

10. Post #5290
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,118 Posts

Abogabogaboga.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #5291
    I survived the Temple of Doom
    December 2008
    6,106 Posts
    Getting people to use their escape spells in your gank attempt is good enough. Gank again soon if they overextend and they won't be able to do it again.
    I wish it always worked like this. Usually once they retreat to their turret they stay there till their spells get back up.

12. Post #5292
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Is it a good idea to max out Q first on Veigar? I did that and basically spent the whole game farming AP. Had like 900 AP at the end of the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #5293
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,166 Posts
    why would you not max q on veigar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #5294
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    I didn't know! I thought people maxed his other moves first. ;x;

I thought I was being sneaky smart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

15. Post #5295
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,523 Posts
    Agree for Fiora, Disagree for Vayne.

I need a new AD carry and I just can't decide between those two

and yes I'm aware that Fiora is more of a solotop champ, I don't really care.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #5296
    March 2012
    1,089 Posts
    how does AD kayle work guys?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

17. Post #5297
    ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽
    March 2010
    8,449 Posts
    I didn't know! I thought people maxed his other moves first. ;x;

I thought I was being sneaky smart.
    His early game is terrible, therefore you should spend it farming his Q. your Q should have about +150 AP late game, otherwise you failed as veigar. Max Q, then E, W isn't worth it until late game, because like I said, he is useless until then. Plus you can't hit his W if you don't max his E anyways
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #5298
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    His early game is terrible, therefore you should spend it farming his Q. your Q should have about +150 AP late game, otherwise you failed as veigar. Max Q, then E, W isn't worth it until late game, because like I said, he is useless until then. Plus you can't hit his W if you don't max his E anyways
    http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/30088095#history

How was the build? :V

19. Post #5299
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    9,751 Posts
    how does AD kayle work guys?
    You build AD items on her and then she kills stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

20. Post #5300
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,166 Posts
    veigar is one of the few champs where archangel is actually worth it, either that or chalice upgraded to that new item
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #5301
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    I was being focused a lot and their Eve would creep up behind me sometimes. I figured after having like 200 AP farmed up I'd get some AP-defensive items.

22. Post #5302
    March 2010
    8,449 Posts
    I recommend building a Deathfire Grasp first, as it adds a huge amount onto his burst. Right afterwards probably a deathcap, then voidstaff. Veigar doesn't require survivability, as you should never ever be in the middle of a team fight, and you are made to 1-hit people as soon as you drop your E. So maxing damage would be best. A rod of ages/rylai's is viable if you really need it though.

Sorc boots/deathcap/deathfire/void staff/abyssal scepter/situational.

Late game, you should have an upwards of ~950 AP with this set-up, because your Q just makes it hilarious.

with the build, a

Stun > W > Deathfire > Q > R > AA > Ignite if you have it (Sometimes they always escape with like 40 hp, you have no idea how much this helps really).

They should either
    A. Die
    B. Lose 95% of their HP and be forced to run the fuck away

23. Post #5303
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    I had Deathfire Grasp first, actually. Replaced it with Rylai's eventually lategame.

What about the Zhonya's?

24. Post #5304
    March 2010
    8,449 Posts
    I had Deathfire Grasp first, actually. Replaced it with Rylai's eventually lategame.

What about the Zhonya's?
    Also situational. If they're focusing you in teamfights/strong AD carry. Definitely worth it. Though a deathfire > rylai's in MOST situations. If you think you're doing enough damage without it, then feel free to replace it for survivability and slow.

25. Post #5305
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,857 Posts
    The items are, mostly, fine. Deathcap is vital for veigar, Magic Pen. shoes are core and void staff, while situational, is always a good choice.

However; Rylai's really isn't necessary on Veigar for 2 reasons. The first is that you don't need survivability on veigar as you would on other APs for one reason. You deal your damage to one target in a teamfight, then afterwards you're essentially a poking cc machine until you're breathed on and die. That's also the reason why the slow is unneeded. You're veigar, you have a 2.5s AOE stun, one of the cuntiest ccs in the game.
    Same reason for Zhonyas - You don't need to hang around much longer past your EWQR combo. You can stay around because your Q is a brilliant tool for harrassing, but chances are by then you're already dead. Zhonya's will just turn your squishy ass into a target that says "SHOOT ME FIRST".
    Abyssal is a nice choice, and I suppose it works.

One important thing for veigar is Deathfire Grasp - it builds from Lucky Pick. It's a key part of your combo. You open up with your stun, then hit W - DFG before W lands - R - Q. Since you'll have a fuckton of AP, DFG will do huge amounts of damage to anyone and everyone. So replace Rylai's with that and see how you fare.
    In place of Zhonyas, maybe a Haunting Guise or AA. If you do go for archangels, buy a tear early on. Since normally a game won't last so long that you'll get a full build, a haunting guise could be a nice purchase between deathcap and abyssal. AA gives a lot of AP, which is always nice. Or, if you are getting bursted down before you can even use your combo, Zhonyas may still work.

bleh

26. Post #5306
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    Agree for Fiora, Disagree for Vayne.

I need a new AD carry and I just can't decide between those two

and yes I'm aware that Fiora is more of a solotop champ, I don't really care.
    Nobody even plays fiora in the carry lane

27. Post #5307
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    6,857 Posts
    while I see what you're doing, DFG is such a core part of Veigar's burst that only scales further into lategame when everyone gains health and veigar gains more ap, that replacing it is probably a wasted investment.

28. Post #5308
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,166 Posts
    why would you do such a thing

29. Post #5309
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Using DFG's active is important I assume. I hate the usage of active items in LoL so much, but I'll do it if I have to. Is there any way to bind slots or something?

30. Post #5310
    March 2010
    8,449 Posts
    why would you do such a thing
    because keychain is silly

Edited:

Using DFG's active is important I assume. I hate the usage of active items in LoL so much, but I'll do it if I have to. Is there any way to bind slots or something?
    Yeah, in the key binds. Do "smart cast item 1/2/etc"

31. Post #5311
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    rumble counters xin in lane hard

play rumble if you want to win games this week
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events

32. Post #5312
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Well that will useful in later games. Thanks guys!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #5313
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    14,096 Posts
    Play rumble if you want to counter x

34. Post #5314
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,374 Posts
    never play dota then

35. Post #5315
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Play rumble if you want to counter x
    rumble op

36. Post #5316
    May 2011
    3,237 Posts
    Rumble is the biggest dickface that you can have against you in toplane.
    Only one who can compete him is Yo_rick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

37. Post #5317
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    no wonder so many people are playing him now

i gotta figure out how to beat him with xin

Edited:

got my face smashed in by him (kind of) last game. no way i can trade with him
    went roaming and won anyways though

38. Post #5318
    You can't beat Rumble with Xin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #5319
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    You can't beat Rumble with Xin
    maybe

40. Post #5320
    October 2008
    1,803 Posts
    it's not actually hard

if it's blindpick THEN GOOD LUCK LOL

if it's anything else, starting rej bead 6pot actually poops through any kind of sustain he has, put together with hp regen quints or mr quints and it's actually quite pathetic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events