1. Post #81
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    TF2 updates.

Hope. Despair. Joy. Anger.

An emotional roller-coaster.
    Don't forget the rainbows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

2. Post #82
    January 2012
    63 Posts
    If engie doesn't get a set maybe MvM will be Engineer Update 2 : Electric Boogaloo .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #83

March 2012
    1,136 Posts
    I just got the perfect music when the clock hits:

04:00:00

Yes, you know what it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,614 Posts
    Damn you SVDL. Seeing your sniper set get in made me re-watch Leon. It's been so long since I last watched it, so I forgot how it ended. Now that I seen it again, I'm sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    If engie doesn't get a set maybe MvM will be Engineer Update 2 : Electric Boogaloo .
    Engineer would be tied in somehow with the Tobors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,102 Posts
    Another parody cover I found that I made in a short time. What do you guys think?
    EDIT: By the way, if you guys want me to make more, just tell me. I also have a Photoshop canvas for you guys to make your own. I mostly use the images of wiki renders for the characters, but if someone wanted to go the extra mile and make their own renders, that would be really cool!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

7. Post #87
    May 2009
    358 Posts
    Weather update confirmed
    I would actually be unreasonably excited if weather could spontaneously occur on stock maps, or was a server variable, or something like that. And I don't know why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #88
    August 2009
    2,055 Posts
    Anyone else think something might happen on the Blog when the countdown timer hits 12 24 12?

My fingers are crossed for TOBOR
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    4,271 Posts
    Since there is a new thread, I shall now post the grand unified theory I came up with while half asleep!

Guys, this morning when I was laying in bed half awake, I think I inadvertently figured out who and what the Pyro is.

Page 834 of the Poopy Joe files has a large portion of it redacted, along with the word "Incinerate" stamped onto it. Well, maybe what was in that document was somehow related to the town (which is clearly related to Mann Co. in some way, shape, or form), and that the word "Incinerate" was an order to "remove the evidence", so to speak.

Perhaps the Pyro is not so much a mercenary is he/she is a tool? Someone who does the administrators will when it comes to removing evidence, or anything else that may involve loose ends?

Just a theory fueled by being half awake.

I just had another epiphany.

If this first theory is true, then those senators must be dead. The Admin told them something that was redacted, and must be incinerated. Therefore, the senators must be dead.

They were loose ends. I highly doubt that the administrator would let them live if they knew something that would compromise her operation, or Mann Co. She probably had the Pyro burn down that western town and kill the senators, while the document slipped away somehow.

Maybe the western town is where the hearing was held to discuss what Hale did with the Australium.
    While that is a possibility, I do not think that is the case. If you go the the Poopy Joe files, it shows you where the hearing was held. The building, although not easy to tell at first, was a modern building. It has tiles on the floor, and styrofoam tiles for the ceiling. No, I think that the town was where they were stockpiling Australium. After all, the admin says to the senators...

"Very well. For    [redacted]    years I have been stockpiling Australium to   [redacted]   "
    She was clearly stating that Australium was stockpiled somewhere, and I think it's safe to say that because the pyro was burning down that western town, then that is where she was stockpiling it, and that she was having him/her/IT, remove the evidence.

Holy shit, I've been watching too much Monk lately.
    Feel free to explore the possibilities, and then we'll see whether or not I'm right tomorrow (unless it's not mentioned at all).

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #90

March 2012
    1,136 Posts
    Told the people from the old thread to come over to this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    Told the people from the old thread to come over to this thread.
    Here, have a cookie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

12. Post #92
    June 2012
    332 Posts
    I can't forget who suggested this in the other thread, and I deserve all your clocks, but my new spray:

Edit: fak you criper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    10,977 Posts

Edit:BTW:
    For what is that image?
    Creator of that here. It's meant to give a rough visual guide on where there will be strain on Steam's network (consisting of multiple content servers around the world). You're able to change your download region in Steam to something else in instances like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

14. Post #94
    June 2012
    332 Posts
    Creator of that here. It's meant to give a rough visual guide on where there will be strain on Steam's network (consisting of multiple content servers around the world). You're able to change your download region in Steam to something else in instances like this.
    Please don't upload it to reddit. You don't need the karma; we need the bandwidth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #95
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    10,977 Posts
    Please don't upload it to reddit. You don't need the karma; we need the bandwidth.
    Too late (though it's pretty much a dead post by now, I'm sure it didn't even hit #25 on /r/tf2's top 25 listings).

16. Post #96
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    Wouldn't the game take longer to actually initiate the update because of time zone differences if the download region was changed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    June 2012
    332 Posts
    Too late (though it's pretty much a dead post by now, I'm sure it didn't even hit #25 on /r/tf2's top 25 listings).
    Last time I checked, they were all jerking over Leon the Professional.
    To me, /r/tf2 is to TF2 what /r/atheism is to atheism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    October 2010
    651 Posts
    almost 13 22 13!

prepare for absolutely nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    May 2012
    70 Posts
    Anyone else think something might happen on the Blog when the countdown timer hits 12 24 12?

My fingers are crossed for TOBOR
    I'm wondering if they'll do something when the timer hits 13:22:13 because of the numbers shown on the Foundry room. But that's just me being really optimistic though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

20. Post #100
    June 2012
    1,648 Posts
    I'm wondering if they'll do something when the timer hits 13:22:13 because of the numbers shown on the Foundry room. But that's just me being really optimistic though.
    Maybe a secret page? It's a little late for that though, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #101

March 2012
    1,136 Posts
    Holy crap, I can't believe that these four days came quick for me. It's like yesterday we were on the ARG, then today we're wanting to Meet the Pyro already, and tomorrow we Meet the Pyro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #102
    August 2009
    2,055 Posts
    Oh yeah, it was 13:22:13

I messed up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

23. Post #103
    Rikimaru is the best agility hero in Dota 2
    June 2011
    1,806 Posts
    Speaking of pyro, I heard he joined the saints
    ( i was bored so i made this piece of crap, and i guess srtt video has a limit because it was longer than 30 seconds,)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    November 2011
    3,159 Posts
    Wait, did somebody say weather?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #105
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    Last time I checked, they were all jerking over Leon the Professional.
    To me, /r/tf2 is to TF2 what /r/atheism is to atheism.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure all fanboys of a product claim that the competition is some combination of sheeps, fanboys, fakes, or scum of the Earth. So if a Facepuncher thinks Reddit is crap then it is guaranteed that a Redditor thinks the same of FP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    June 2012
    332 Posts
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure all fanboys of a product claim that the competition is some combination of sheeps, fanboys, fakes, or scum of the Earth. So if a Facepuncher thinks Reddit is crap then it is guaranteed that a Redditor thinks the same of FP.
    I don't think Reddit is crap. I think /r/tf2 is crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

27. Post #107
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    10,977 Posts
    Wouldn't the game take longer to actually initiate the update because of time zone differences if the download region was changed?
    To initiate it? No, it's released for everyone at one time, and not by time zone to time zone. Otherwise, people would be all over Australia's servers at this point.

28. Post #108
    November 2011
    3,159 Posts
    Another parody cover I found that I made in a short time. What do you guys think?
    You. Do the world a favor and keep posting pictures of pictures of hats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #109
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    10,977 Posts
    I'm on both sides of the pond and I don't hate either or.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    I don't think Reddit is crap. I think /r/tf2 is crap.
    Even if we won't admit it, I think around 50% of Facepunchers have a Reddit account. Sadly, I am in that 50%...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #111
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    10,977 Posts
    Wait, did somebody say weather?

Damn, I was going to post that as thread music an hour before the countdown to whatever (who knows? we may have to unlock MtP by ARG) ends. Oh well, I can still do that since it hasn't been 12 hours yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    1,413 Posts
    Even if the update doesn't turn out to be everything we hoped, the speculation is half the fun!
    Speak for yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

33. Post #113
    November 2011
    3,159 Posts
    Can you guys go rustle each others jimmies over Reddit somewhere else? We already had this shitstorm yesterday, and I'm out of weather-related music to play if there is another one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    Even if we won't admit it, I think around 50% of Facepunchers have a Reddit account. Sadly, I am in that 50%...
    it's been said a lot: reddit is actually a good place if you unsub from all the defaults
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

35. Post #115
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    10,977 Posts
    Can you guys go rustle each others jimmies over Reddit somewhere else? We already had this shitstorm yesterday, and I'm out of weather-related music to play if there is another one.
    If you can find the extended version of TWN's (practically Canada's TWC) storm watch music, there's that. Don't know where it went. It was something along the lines of "stormwatch_0001" or something like that. I can't remember, it was the middle of the night.

36. Post #116
    February 2011
    2,738 Posts
    Going back to the update, this new Scout gun will require all maps to be updated with wheelchair ramps. The whole jump = hype reset is kinda bs, It should be Double jump = hype reset.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #117
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    10,977 Posts
    it's been said a lot: reddit is actually a good place if you unsub from all the defaults
    I only have a few defaults still subscribed to. As long as you keep out of the comments, you should be fine.

38. Post #118
    July 2010
    4,096 Posts
    Going back to the update, this new Scout gun will require all maps to be updated with wheelchair ramps. The whole jump = hype reset is kinda bs, It should be Double jump = hype reset.
    most maps have them

anyway, if the strategy for this gun is what i think it is (get some long range meatshots, since it has extra accuracy, fuck shit up with speed, and use the jumps when you need to escape) then the charge time for the speed will be short
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #119
    June 2012
    332 Posts
    The whole jump = hype reset is kinda bs, It should be Double jump = hype reset.
    I really look forward to airblasting Scouts armed with that weapon. When I'm airblasted as Scout, my instinct is to immediately jump and try to reorient myself.

40. Post #120
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    This needs to be a wallpaper. http://puu.sh/DY5O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)