1. Post #4001
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,087 Posts
    Why didn't they just use Action Hale or Sergeant Plushie for the split Equalizer? Or the melee from the Dumpster set for that matter?
    Like psychopath said, the silhouette of a pickaxe is recognizable as a Soldier weapon that changes based on health.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #4002
    RUDE MEANIE
    December 2011
    3,685 Posts
    Anyone got an in-game pic of the business casual misc for spy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

3. Post #4003
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    Why does the beggars bazooka have such a awkward reload system.

Why can't it be that you hold down to load more in, but by default there is 1 rocket in the chamber anyway for faster reponse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4004
    tso
    May 2011
    1,181 Posts
    its already really spammy. no need to let them fire normally as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #4005
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,721 Posts
    It was definitely unbalanced, as shown by the usage stats. There's no reason to use the stock shovel. I really thought the nerf was a good idea.
    There's no reason to ever melee as a Soldier.

The Rocketlauncher is a far far better melee weapon than the Shovel will ever be. Same with the Shotgun. Soldier is too slow to make meleeing a consistently-potent tactic, it's practically only used when in absolute dire need to survive when no ammo is loaded.

The pre-split Equalizer gave the utility of speed, that's what people used it for. The Disciplinary Action does the same thing.

The Shovel, Half-Zatoichi, Frying Pan, and Market Gardener aren't really used in serious circumstances because of the Soldier's difficulty with meleeing people due to his low runspeed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #4006
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,002 Posts
    Oh god, when you're at full boost, Heavies have the hardest time hitting you, it's so great.

7. Post #4007
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,124 Posts
    are you suppose to receive 2 items from each ash pile? a crate and a wep? cause thats what keeps happening to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #4008
    April 2012
    5,351 Posts
    It was definitely unbalanced, as shown by the usage stats. There's no reason to use the stock shovel. I really thought the nerf was a good idea.
    I do too. I'm still using The Escape Plan for the same purpose, but I like the change of gameplay it brings.

I guess I'm just sort of applying the same logic of the Ubersaw and Axstinguisher, which have mostly rendered their old counterparts nill to the point where Valve later released straight upgrades.

I'm neither mad nor happy about the change, I'm just sort of pleasantly ambivalent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #4009
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,011 Posts
    the old weapon wasn't screwed up, the item server was. Because the skins don't work, I got confused, thinking I had it equipped, when I had the speed based one.

I think old weapons should always keep their iconic appearance. I identify the Equalizer with the old skin, and so did 99% of players who didn't join today. You don't change the entire appearance of a three year old weapon and then move that skin over to a new item... it doesn't matter what most people used the weapon for previously.

Also the new skin is ugly and doesn't fit with the other original class update weapons, so it's a stark contrast to the Direct Hit and Buff Banner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #4010
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    its already really spammy. no need to let them fire normally as well
    But it would also be at the cost of -3 ammo at a time loaded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #4011

July 2010
    2,063 Posts
    Splitting the weapons was fine. Changing the appearance of a three year old weapon that looked fine, and then using the old skin on a new item... well that's just silly, pointless and confusing for the player.
    I'm using the escape plan and it's using the new skin (the one with the blood).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #4012
    April 2011
    3,392 Posts
    Voovy pls. Fix servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4013
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,721 Posts
    the old weapon wasn't screwed up, the item server was. Because the skins don't work, I got confused, thinking I had it equipped, when I had the speed based one.

I think old weapons should always keep their iconic appearance. I identify the Equalizer with the old skin, and so did 99% of players who didn't join today. You don't change the entire appearance of a three year old weapon and then move that skin over to a new item... it doesn't matter what most people used the weapon for previously.

Also the new skin is ugly and doesn't fit with the other original class update weapons, so it's a stark contrast to the Direct Hit and Buff Banner.
    I wasn't defending their decision to do that, I was merely citing their justification for doing it.

If the community lets the TF team know that they want it back to how it used to be as far as appearance goes, they'll likely respond accordingly.

14. Post #4014
    May 2011
    5,282 Posts
    Holy shit they have textures, I missed that
    Holy shit Tobor is actually happening

But seriously, guys, someone find me the page in this thread where this link was first posted: I want to see other people's reactions, because if I'm pumped, I can't imagine the hype when this was posted first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

15. Post #4015
    tso
    May 2011
    1,181 Posts
    But it would also be at the cost of -3 ammo at a time loaded.
    ah i see whatcha mean - firing always takes 3 ammo..

man that would SUCK :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

16. Post #4016
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,721 Posts
    But seriously, guys, someone find me the page in this thread where this link was first posted: I want to see other people's reactions, because if I'm pumped, I can't imagine the hype when this was posted first.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=http...w=1360&bih=622

Google the image url with site:facepunch.com will give you all of the results you need.

17. Post #4017
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    262 Posts
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1193608&page=57

18. Post #4018
    June 2012
    513 Posts
    To anyone that can't see shit like pyro sees. Make sure your TF2 run in -dxlevel 100.
    I tried this. It made the colours a bit prettier but I'm still not seeing mmph signs or lollipop flowers, I'm not sure what those are counted at (I'd imagine decals and props respectively), so I don't see why my graphical settings would change the latter, but I really have no idea what's doing this :/
    An image link using -dxlevel 100
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...5759E3D8C5F8C/
    edited out the image to a link because it was a bit big for the page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #4019
    May 2011
    5,282 Posts
    Ah, sweet beautiful hype. Thanks guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

20. Post #4020
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,287 Posts
    I love it, a shame Valve made it so that it uses the red tie on blu team though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

21. Post #4021
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    ah i see whatcha mean - firing always takes 3 ammo..

man that would SUCK :(
    No I mean...

You know that you have to hold down the button to fire 3/2/1 rockets?

I was suggesting that at least 1 rocket is loaded like a normal rocket launcher so you can at least use that quickly, but you still have to hold down fire (or alternative fire) to add the 2 other rockets (maybe take a bit longer to put in the 2 new rockets for balancing).

Compared to the default rocket launcher, the stock amount of ammo loaded for the bazooka would be 3 less than normal, and wouldn't be OP at least as far as I can see it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #4022
    January 2012
    3,791 Posts
    Splitting the weapons was fine. Changing the appearance of a three year old weapon that looked fine, and then using the old skin on a new item... well that's just silly, pointless and confusing for the player.
    How about we give the Equalizer the old look back ewhile the Escape Plan gets the new skin but without blood?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Czech Republic Show Events

23. Post #4023
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    691 Posts
    I tried this. It made the colours a bit prettier but I'm still not seeing mmph signs or lollipop flowers, I'm not sure what those are counted at (I'd imagine decals and props respectively), so I don't see why my graphical settings would change the latter, but I really have no idea what's doing this :/
    An image link using -dxlevel 100
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...5759E3D8C5F8C/
    edited out the image to a link because it was a bit big for the page.
    Did you load any FPS config or set setting to the lowest available? Try using a chris high quality config.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

24. Post #4024
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,002 Posts
    Found something interesting with the Baby Face Blaster. If you have a full boost, then switch to any other primary weapon, the boost gets "stored" on your gun, and does not reset if you change loadouts. If you switch back to the Blaster, you will have full boost. If you switch with full boost to another primary and jump around, the boost does not reset either. The boost does not apply with another primary equipped though, which is good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #4025
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,087 Posts

Sort of agree, it makes more sense artistically to have the damaging one all bloody, but I'd prefer a new skin for the Escape Plan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #4026
    June 2012
    513 Posts
    Did you load any FPS config or set setting to the lowest available? Try using a chris high quality config.
    I'm using a bit of chris' dx9frames, I'm sure it is one of those settings, I just want to know which one could remove the flowers like that so I could remove just that one. I need some of those because I have been getting framerate drops recently. Would max worldmesh vertices do it?
    And the reason I'm not going through all of those one by one is that I don't know all of the default values
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #4027
    July 2009
    6,055 Posts
    I'm so stoked for this. I gotta get one soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

28. Post #4028
    April 2012
    5,351 Posts
    Ah, sweet beautiful hype. Thanks guys
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2771667

Also here's a link to SPUFs reactions.

You know, if you want to kill some brain cells.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

29. Post #4029
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,070 Posts
    I wonder when will we get the Dr. Grordbort sets, the same time as MvM? And how many years away is that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4030
    December 2010
    17,011 Posts
    I wonder when will we get the Dr. Grordbort sets, the same time as MvM? And how many years away is that?
    ComicCon like soldier's pack probably. So a month
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #4031
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,287 Posts
    Why is everyone so obsessed with those Grodanboll packs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #4032
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,721 Posts
    Why is everyone so obsessed with those Grodanboll packs?
    New Medigun, new Scattergun, almost guaranteed that there will be new animations/taunts because it's WETA and the track record of past WETA items in-game having animations/taunts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #4033
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Late Late x 3 (list)

34. Post #4034
    September 2009
    3,486 Posts

They had no reason not to change the old Equalizer's name to Escape Plan and make the new Equalizer drop normally

Edited:

As in, without giving it out for free or anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

35. Post #4035
    December 2010
    17,011 Posts
    the new escape plan or whatever does drop, I saw someone get a drop today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #4036
    INFERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
    January 2010
    1,415 Posts
    Just heard the serial killer Pyro theme in the main menu, fuck yes this is awesome

37. Post #4037
    January 2012
    1,527 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #4038
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,219 Posts
    Very stupid question, when is CC?
    ComicCon like soldier's pack probably. So a month
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #4039
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    Very stupid question, when is CC?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=when+is+comic+con

(User was banned for this post ("Let me Google that for you." - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #4040
    k2.
    July 2011
    1,140 Posts
    so when do you guys think the normal after update fix/ what we forgot will be