1. Post #4641
    May 2011
    920 Posts
    Would it be difficult for Valve to make the sniper glasses a bodygroup? It's just crazy they haven't done it yet unless it's really hard to do or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #4642
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    783 Posts
    Would it be difficult for Valve to make the sniper glasses a bodygroup? It's just crazy they haven't done it yet unless it's really hard to do or something.
    I did it for a custom model, but I never released it as it only had one HD lod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4643
    April 2011
    3,259 Posts
    I really hope MvM isn't some commander-based game mode or something. The whole "waves" thing in the sound files makes me a bit optimistic, but it's all so vague. Damn the secrets held close to Valve's breast!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4644
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,226 Posts
    A new parody cover I made.

...If only I could get a Balloonicorn myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

5. Post #4645
    March 2010
    1,043 Posts
    This sums up the update:

(User was banned for this post ("Image Macro" - Seiteki))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Dumb Dumb x 35 (list)

6. Post #4646
    December 2010
    394 Posts
    I really hope MvM isn't some commander-based game mode or something. The whole "waves" thing in the sound files makes me a bit optimistic, but it's all so vague. Damn the secrets held close to Valve's breast!
    Im hoping for something like killing floor, but with tower defense elements

7. Post #4647
    EGG CUP
    May 2011
    2,855 Posts
    This sums up the update:
    Based God can't rap.

A true summation of the update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #4648
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,453 Posts
    Based God can't rap.

A true summation of the update
    Based god CAN rap, the songs you listened to are a joke. He is a huge troll, basically.

Here's one of his better songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKNW299Dvy0

9. Post #4649
    July 2009
    4,170 Posts
    A new parody cover I made.

...If only I could get a Balloonicorn myself.
    Could you maybe make this a regular thing for updates? I really like these covers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #4650
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    you know, the more I think about it, of all the weapons that could be paintable, the Lollichop would probably be the most tolerable of them. I almost think it would be nice if it was paintable, it suites the weapon and for people who don't like it, seeing it is entirely optional.

But it's not a pattern I want to see. I'm afraid one paintable weapon will get popular and lead to another, and so on and then we have pink guns all over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #4651
    April 2012
    5,292 Posts
    you know, the more I think about it, of all the weapons that could be paintable, the Lollichop would probably be the most tolerable of them. I almost think it would be nice if it was paintable, it suites the weapon and for people who don't like it, seeing it is entirely optional.

But it's not a pattern I want to see. I'm afraid one paintable weapon will get popular and lead to another, and so on and then we have pink guns all over.
    If they ever do more with Pyroland, it seems like it'd be acceptable to have painted guns being applied exclusively to those kind of weapons. It's an entirely pointless cosmetic addition, of course, but it keeps searing pink dildo bats out of the regular game.

Or they could just come out with some weapon specific paints.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

12. Post #4652
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    if they do allow paint for weapons, they need to make an alternate to crit-glow because this can't continue like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #4653
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,226 Posts
    Could you maybe make this a regular thing for updates? I really like these covers.
    Sure, guess I can. I still have some more old ones I haven't posted either, but they either aren't finished or need to be revised a little more. I would like to incorporate new weapons, modes, and other things besides hats if I could, but that wouldn't make sense given the name of the Magazine (I count Misc items as an exception).

EDIT: Here is an older one I made around the time of the Hap/Stamp/Duel Hats, alongside when people thought the weekly updates were adding mysterious details such as doors into maps.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

14. Post #4654
    April 2011
    3,259 Posts
    if they do allow paint for weapons, they need to make an alternate to crit-glow because this can't continue like this.
    Easier to just not do it.

Also, speaking of Pyroland, I'm still amused by the Rainblower for very juvenile reasons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #4655
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    Yea, Pyroland is one of those features that is absolutely pointless but is just so much fun

Anyway, Disc Action now works on Scout. Didn't know if anyone realized it, but the higher speed cap means it works now by default. Seems the only reason it didn't work before was the speed cap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

16. Post #4656
    October 2009
    3,011 Posts
    I also like the rainblower, or any other pyroland item really. Had a game earlier where 2 of us went with it and started taunting everywhere with the lollichop and soon most of the server joined in, except for that poor bunch that didn't have any of the items... they were killed without mercy by the swarm of pyros
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #4657
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,217 Posts

I personally think we'll see the inclusion of some more ridiculous and holy-fuck-why type cosmetics and weapon reskins in pyro vision mode in days to come. It's far too robust in terms of potential to be a one off gag in my opinion. We may even see other types of vision modes (unlikely but!)

I am also willing to believe that Valve is concious enough of TF2's art style to continue to respect it. (inb4 violent "the artstyle is dead/alive" debate)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

18. Post #4658
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    it's too bad Pyroland came after some of the more obnoxious paints. Would have been nice if they were Pyroland exclusive paints.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #4659
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,226 Posts
    I wonder how many people will make the joke that various hats/miscs/weapons already cause the game to look like Pyro Vision without the goggles.

I personally think we'll see the inclusion of some more ridiculous and holy-fuck-why type cosmetics and weapon reskins in pyro vision mode in days to come. It's far too robust in terms of potential to be a one off gag in my opinion. We may even see other types of vision modes (unlikely but!)

I am also willing to believe that Valve is concious enough of TF2's art style to continue to respect it. (inb4 violent "the artstyle is dead/alive" debate)
    I think Valve will still occasionally modify Miscs to look different in Pyro Vision (such as some Demo/Solider/Pyro grenade slot miscs becoming baby bottles) but I honestly can't see Valve spending too much more time with Pyro Vision gimmicks/reskins in the future unless the items are Valve created.

I will, however, agree that Pyro Vision is oddly elaborate.

20. Post #4660
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,217 Posts
    it's too bad Pyroland came after some of the more obnoxious paints. Would have been nice if they were Pyroland exclusive paints.
    I for one think if they just made them ever so slightly duller in tone, the "more obnoxious paints" would be more reasonable. But they would also defeat their own purpose of being noticed.

In addition: I think we might during the coming Haloween see "haloween goggles" or some sort of haunted eye modifier in order to allow for year round Scream Fortress terror.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #4661
    May 2007
    302 Posts
    Pyroland probably exists as a techdemo for similar types of texture and asset swaps on the fly for other games.

22. Post #4662
    May 2008
    4,726 Posts
    Yea, Pyroland is one of those features that is absolutely pointless but is just so much fun

Anyway, Disc Action now works on Scout. Didn't know if anyone realized it, but the higher speed cap means it works now by default. Seems the only reason it didn't work before was the speed cap.
    How much faster does the scout go with the action?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #4663
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,082 Posts
    imo all paints should turn into hot pink and green in Pyrovision
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #4664
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,981 Posts
    The better question is, does it stack with the Blaster and CaC speed boost?

25. Post #4665
    May 2008
    4,726 Posts
    So in items_game we still have mysterious promo 1, 3 and 4... but they are not in the schema...

26. Post #4666
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,226 Posts
    Supposedly one of the other (first) Mysterious Promos was the Solider's Grordbort Pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #4667
    December 2010
    933 Posts
    The better question is, does it stack with the Blaster and CaC speed boost?
    I used the Crit-a-Cola with the Baby Face Blaster at full boost, and I slowed down from Blaster speed to Cola speed, so I don't think those stack. Unsure about the Disiplinary action, though.

28. Post #4668
    tso
    May 2011
    1,181 Posts
    I used the Crit-a-Cola with the Baby Face Blaster at full boost, and I slowed down from Blaster speed to Cola speed, so I don't think those stack. Unsure about the Disiplinary action, though.
    i did this as well.. so dissapointing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4669
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    505 hammer units.

A little slower than max speed with the new scattergun (520).

30. Post #4670
    May 2008
    4,726 Posts
    Crit-a-cola increases speed? Woah.

31. Post #4671
    January 2010
    1,094 Posts
    anyone know how to make bodygroups work with models in the schema, we can do our own version and send it to valve, i can add the bodygroup to the model, and someone can make the bodygroups code required for the items...

ima go talk to mecha, he said he can do it, and he can show me how   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #4672
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    Now that CaC and Bonk last substantially longer, I think alt-fire should be able to cancel them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

33. Post #4673
    May 2008
    4,726 Posts
    anyone know how to make bodygroups work with models in the schema, we can do our own version and send it to valve, i can add the bodygroup to the model, and someone can make the bodygroups code required for the items
    Valve have said they are not doing it for performance reasons.

34. Post #4674
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,920 Posts
    Now that CaC and Bonk last substantially longer, I think alt-fire should be able to cancel them.
    I think only bonk, because the bad thing about CaC is that you receive crits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #4675
    April 2011
    3,259 Posts
    Mercenary VS Military

Another possibility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #4676
    Dancing Member
    July 2009
    2,748 Posts
    Someone needs to change the taunt sound for the new flamethrower to this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #4677
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    10,947 Posts
    Any particular reason why I can't equip the goggles with the Triclops? I had to use the glitch to get it to work, and it doesn't clip. At all.

Also why can we equip the Deus Specs with them? They don't clip, but aren't even visible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #4678
    June 2012
    725 Posts
    Any particular reason why I can't equip the goggles with the Triclops? I had to use the glitch to get it to work
    Mind explaining the glitch? Sounds interesting.

39. Post #4679
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    10,947 Posts
    If you're not in a server, unequip everything, disconnect yourself from the internet, then equip whatever you want. When you go back online, it will save what you equipped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

40. Post #4680
    June 2012
    725 Posts
    If you're not in a server, unequip everything, disconnect yourself from the internet, then equip whatever you want. When you go back online, it will save what you equipped.
    Wow, so somehow it requires the internet connection to verify the appropriate equip regions?

Also, can others see the combinations when I go back online?