1. Post #5521
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    Do Team Spirit. Painting them TS also hides clipping issues between the Shades and some hats, like the Hustler's Hallmark, for instance. Black just isn't worth it for the shades, I think.

The only item I've been pleased with in black paint is my Foster's Facade, because the paint on that texture makes it look the same color as the Pyro's gloves or the Attendant most of the time; occasionally weird lighting screws it up.

I really want that workshop-submitted paint to get in, but I'm afraid it would make my black items lose value... Besides, I doubt the team likes the idea of their losing revenue from Black paints in the store.

By the way, stats.tf also records Lack of Hue drops (270) and white drops (271). It seems too good to be true, especially since the new hats seem to have a really small number of timed drops thus far.
    Black & White never dropped afaik, so that's why they're so valuable (only on crates 1,2,3,4 I think)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events

2. Post #5522
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    Black and White are old enough items that they could show "Timed Drop" out of error, rather than actually dropping.

Check out the Pan, it has some timed dropped one also, because it's so old. 2-3 year old items are not accurate, the stats are only accurate about a year out from when they made the info public (so December or so).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

3. Post #5523
    June 2012
    332 Posts
    Black & White never dropped afaik, so that's why they're so valuable (only on crates 1,2,3,4 I think)
    That's what I'm saying. Stats.tf has a rather large number of them recorded as "timed drops," so either the paints are dropping at a really fast rate now, or stats.tf is recording them incorrectly.

Counter-argument: The low number of, say, Fed-Fightin' Fedora drops is explained by the large number of hats that can fall in any random drop, while there's a relatively limited number of paints that could drop (assuming all drop now).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #5524
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    the mints are not showing any drops at all. So not all paints have drop stats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

5. Post #5525
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    http://tf2b.com/tf2/itspancake (page 6)

Must be painful playing against this guy with all that lime paint.

Edit: and gold and pink
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #5526
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,068 Posts
    Why not Team Spirit or Value of Teamwork? That makes sense.
    Teamwork Spirit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #5527
    June 2012
    332 Posts
    Black and White are old enough items that they could show "Timed Drop" out of error, rather than actually dropping.
    It makes a lot more sense now. Still kind of weird that that many paint cans would be sitting around unused after 2-3 years; a lot of people have stopped playing, I guess.

Teamwork Spirit?
    Spirit of Teamwork.

8. Post #5528
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    Are there any team colors we're missing as paint?

I can only think of Gold/Silver and the bonk Yellow/Teal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #5529
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    update will probably hit at 6 PM Pacific
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events

10. Post #5530
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,249 Posts
    Oh look, a wild email appears!

"bug in the mailing list"

FUUUUUUUUUU-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

11. Post #5531
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    they're taking their sweet time... :/

12. Post #5532
    May 2011
    5,187 Posts
    Are there any team colors we're missing as paint?

I can only think of Gold/Silver
    So does this mean we need Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, and Black/White as team paints?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #5533
    June 2012
    1,633 Posts
    I really hope Valve fixes the Buisness Casual team color mishap, I really don't want to buy a Balaclavas Are Forever paint just to fix a Valve bug, unless... that was they're plan all along to sell more paints!
    THOSE BASTARDS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #5534
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    Gold and Silver as team colors is an entirely community created color scheme. I don't think they ever really officially made them team colors, but it seems with most recent items those are just natural team colors.

Surprised the new Pyro set didn't use silver tbh. Because of my perception of g/s as team colors now, I only see the BLU Pyro as missing team colors on his set

Edited:

I really hope Valve fixes the Buisness Casual team color mishap, I really don't want to buy a Balaclava's are Forever paint just to fix a Valve bug, unless... that was they're plan all along to sell more paints!
    THOSE BASTARDS.
    if they wanted to sell paints, they'd make the half dozen items set up for paint, paintable, and then make some other items paintable via workshop updates, like the Aspect and Hot Dogger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

15. Post #5535
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,594 Posts
    I'm fairly optimistic about bug fixes right now since F00l worked on the update.

At least I assume he's worked on it and it's not just him sending the e-mail.

16. Post #5536
    May 2008
    4,727 Posts
    This seems like a while between the incoming and the update now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #5537
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    -wrong paste-

18. Post #5538
    May 2008
    4,727 Posts
    Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
    - Fixed a problem that allowed spoofed IP addresses to make connections to the game server

Team Fortress 2
    - Teddy Roosebelt can now get assists in Pyrovision
    - Fixed Pyrovision sometimes activating in killcams for more than just weapons and cosmetics
    - Fixed exploit where the Scorch Shot could fire its short range kill pellet at the very beginning of the taunt
    - Fixed blood getting sprayed on the world in some cases in Low Violence and Pyrovision
    - Fixed decapitations creating head gibs in Low Violence and Pyrovision
    - Fixed Hitmanís Heatmaker headshot not properly getting counted on the scoreboard
    - Fixed tracers being fired for other weapons (SMGs) while in focus
    - Fixed Sydney Sleeperís bonus not properly protecting against Decapitating Headshots
    - Added team color to rainbow-showered players in Pyrovision
    - Updated localization files
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

19. Post #5539
    May 2009
    358 Posts
    FYI: There is a TF2 update incoming within the next few hours!
    You mean within the next few now-ours?

(i'm downloading an update)

20. Post #5540
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,594 Posts
    no Equalizer/Escape Plan fix
    no Sniper Sunglasses Bodygroup
    yep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #5541
    May 2008
    4,727 Posts
    Seems like a lot of heatmaker fixes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #5542
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    -clocks pls-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Late Late x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #5543
    June 2012
    332 Posts
    No Casual color fix? I hope it's there but undocumented.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #5544
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    No new schema so far

(Ned, i thought you said we were getting the community schema patched in soon!)

25. Post #5545
    December 2010
    16,947 Posts
    No new schema so far

(Ned, i thought you said we were getting the community schema patched in soon!)
    I haven't even started the real writing of it yet, still waiting for this update to cool off and when they go back to weekly workshop items.

26. Post #5546
    June 2012
    566 Posts
    Team Fortress 2
    Teddy Roosebelt can now get assists in Pyrovision
    Fixed Pyrovision sometimes activating in killcams for more than just weapons and cosmetics
    Fixed exploit where the Scorch Shot could fire its short range kill pellet at the very beginning of the taunt
    Fixed blood getting sprayed on the world in some cases in Low Violence and Pyrovision
    Fixed decapitations creating head gibs in Low Violence and Pyrovision
    Fixed Hitmanís Heatmaker headshot not properly getting counted on the scoreboard
    Fixed tracers being fired for other weapons (SMGs) while in focus
    Fixed Sydney Sleeperís bonus not properly protecting against Decapitating Headshots
    Added team color to rainbow-showered players in Pyrovision
    Updated localization files
    In case you were wondering what the new update contains.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Mexico Show Events Late Late x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #5547
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    4,858 Posts
    I haven't even started the real writing of it yet, still waiting for this update to cool off and when they go back to weekly workshop items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #5548
    September 2011
    4,269 Posts
    No tradable promo items?
    Seriously?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #5549
    August 2010
    180 Posts
    -snipLate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

30. Post #5550
    June 2012
    332 Posts
    The Rainblower is one step closer to being a "straight upgrade" for anyone who isn't blinded by the pastels.

Just downloaded; no Casual Business fix.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #5551
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,226 Posts
    Something that's been on my mind: whatever happened to the promotional items intended for certain games such as Binding of Issac, Dino D-Day, etc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #5552
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,018 Posts
    Uhm, pyroland items are still showing in killcam on non-pyrovision for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #5553
    June 2012
    332 Posts
    Uhm, pyroland items are still showing in killcam on non-pyrovision for me.
    Fixed Pyrovision sometimes activating in killcams for more than just weapons and cosmetics
    Weapons and cosmetics are intended to be shown on death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

34. Post #5554
    YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME
    August 2006
    10,018 Posts
    Weapons and cosmetics are intended to be shown on death.
    Oh fair enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #5555
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,594 Posts
    Something that's been on my mind: whatever happened to the promotional items intended for certain games such as Binding of Issac, Dino D-Day, etc?
    Dino D-Day is a terrible game and I think that the Binding of Issac promos were just wishful thinking?

36. Post #5556
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,071 Posts
    I bet you guys are ecstatic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

37. Post #5557
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,226 Posts
    I know some of the games that had developers wanting to do TF2 promos sucked, so I'm not exactly losing sleep or anything. I'm just curious as to whether Valve denied them or their plans fell through.

I think some other games like Pirates, Vikings, and Knights 2 and Lead and Gold were also considering promos. As for the Binding of Issac promo, I thought I saw a post from a dev in my lurker days saying to expect an Issac promo. Even if Valve was denying sucky games like Dino D-day, surely they would've at least taken the chance to do an Issac promo, right? (Haven't played it but I heard it was great.)

38. Post #5558
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,920 Posts
    I know some of the games that had developers wanting to do TF2 promos sucked, so I'm not exactly losing sleep or anything. I'm just curious as to whether Valve denied them or their plans fell through.

I think some other games like Pirates, Vikings, and Knights 2 and Lead and Gold were also considering promos. As for the Binding of Issac promo, I thought I saw a post from a dev in my lurker days saying to expect an Issac promo. Even if Valve was denying sucky games like Dino D-day, surely they would've at least taken the chance to do an Issac promo, right? (Haven't played it but I heard it was great.)
    I don't think we'll get a BoI promo because the missed the first time and Wrath of the Lamb has already been done. Also it's an amazing dungeon crawler.

39. Post #5559
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,226 Posts
    I think the BoI promo was intended for Wrath of the Lamb. As for the game, maybe I'll check it out during the summer sale. Super Meat Boy was pretty awesome.

40. Post #5560
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,594 Posts
    I think the BoI promo was intended for Wrath of the Lamb. As for the game, maybe I'll check it out during the summer sale. Super Meat Boy was pretty awesome.
    I used to give it shit for its art style, but I've since tried it out and I love it. Great little time-waster and it can be pretty ridiculously funny at times. I don't know if I'd dig a promotional item for it though, I can't imagine anything from that game looking too good unless it was the trademark coathanger jammed through the Pyro's head or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)