1. Post #6801
    June 2012
    1,708 Posts
    Well, Nanobalaclava is a balaclava, which is what Spy uses.

Point and Shoot is a magician hat, but we don't have any magicians in the game so each class can use it.
    The Private Eye was a joke about the Demoman's good eye, yet later they updated it so the Spy and the Medic could wear it as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

2. Post #6802
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    The Private Eye was a joke about the Demoman's good eye, yet later they updated it so the Spy and the Medic could wear it as well.
    actually it was submitted as a Demoman hat, got added to the game as a Spy hat, and then later updated for Demoman. And then much later for Medic. And then added to a set for Medic and basically became more of a Medic hat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #6803
    May 2009
    358 Posts
    And the Point and Shoot is a hat worn by a magician but can be worn by 9 classes who are not magicians.

I cast Maggot Missile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #6804
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 China Show Events

5. Post #6805
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    Have a preview, it's coming, the calming before the schema themed storm

(this uses some voodoo magic on c_models, so hopefully Valve is open to it)

All the scripting is done, the media is being created now! Shooting for early next week, maybe even tomorrow!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 14Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6806
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    probably some kind of promo for the sandvich & the companion cube toys. We've discussed this before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events

7. Post #6807
    Bonk Boy! NaNaNaNaNa...
    July 2006
    865 Posts

All the scripting is done, the media is being created now! Shooting for early next week, maybe even tomorrow!

Yess! can you force c_models to only display in the highest detail LOD on first person?

An issue with c_models on lower specs comptuer it will show lower LODS which is a problem in some cases.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #6808
    June 2012
    725 Posts

There are two sets being sold on tf2outpost right now. According to one of the traders, he asked one of the Valve employees at the signings what the code produces:

Update. Today Im met with valve employees and they said that they haven't decided what it is going to be. So to all you speculators out there "YOU ARE WRONG!" unless your guessed right.

I can't wait, I'm one of the strange people where the Scottish Resistance is my favorite form of sticky launcher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #6809
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    Yess! can you force c_models to only display in the highest detail LOD on first person?

An issue with c_models on lower specs comptuer it will show lower LODS which is a problem in some cases.
    I don't think so, no :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #6810
    April 2011
    5,479 Posts
    so Ned, which member at valve confirmed it's getting in next week?
    rate me clocks if you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #6811
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    so Ned, which member at valve confirmed it's getting in next week?
    rate me clocks if you want.
    No, I submit it next week :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #6812
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,264 Posts
    Oh yeah, that reminds me. The Point and Shoot should really be an "unusualable" hat so that there could be an Orbiting Fire one.

100 buds pls (themed))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

13. Post #6813
    June 2012
    1,708 Posts
    Oh yeah, that reminds me. The Point and Shoot should really be an "unusualable" hat so that there could be an Orbiting Fire one.

100 buds pls (themed))
    Well technicaly every Unusual effect would be themed in some obscure way to a traders mind, bubbles are themed to water spells, ghosts are themed to re-animating spells, and nuts and bots are themed to levitation spells, any fire unusual would probably fit the hat best though, because of the description. That hat would be the most expensive unusual of all time...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #6814
    R R E R R R
    October 2009
    5,219 Posts
    Well, Nanobalaclava is a balaclava, which is what Spy uses.

Point and Shoot is a magician hat, but we don't have any magicians in the game so each class can use it.
    They gave Monday Night Combat's assassin head to the pyro, the class that hates assassins.
    I think giving a stealthy helmet to the pyro would fit slightly better than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #6815
    July 2011
    663 Posts
    actually it was submitted as a Demoman hat, got added to the game as a Spy hat, and then later updated for Demoman. And then much later for Medic. And then added to a set for Medic and basically became more of a Medic hat
    It got updated for the Demo and Medic at the same time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #6816
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    three days later for medic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #6817
    June 2012
    1,708 Posts
    It got updated for the Demo and Medic at the same time
    Actually it got updated for the Demoman on July 9th, then 3 days after updated for the Medic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

18. Post #6818
    April 2011
    8,344 Posts

It's like you've made a major update yourself.

It shall be called "The Ballad of ned_ballad"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #6819
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    I might have lied and this might be ready to go tonight :x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #6820
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    963 Posts
    I was just checking through the pyromania bundle in the Mann.co store and clicked on pyro

Valve, this is just cruel to taunt us with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #6821
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    lol not only do they show 4 miscs, but clipping on the weapon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

22. Post #6822
    April 2011
    8,344 Posts
    So...

Tonight is... the... night...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #6823
    QUACK MASTER
    July 2011
    1,839 Posts
    I should invest in a burning nanobalaclava if it's going to be for pyro, right? :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #6824
    September 2011
    4,409 Posts
    You and this topic in general are one of the reasons that makes me enjoy TF2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #6825
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,294 Posts
    All the flareguns do that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #6826
    April 2011
    5,479 Posts
    No, I submit it next week :P
    oh... now my dreams are crushed. I literally thought it was coming next week.

27. Post #6827
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    7,899 Posts
    Don't taunt me like this ned.

Please don't. :smith:

28. Post #6828
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    Don't taunt me like this ned.

Please don't. :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #6829
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    Clearly they're adding 2 more misc slots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #6830
    September 2011
    4,409 Posts
    Hey ned, I have an idea
    What about taking the Treasure Hat's particle effect (coins are falling from the crate) and set it on the Scout's new backpack?

This particle is only used on the Treasure Hat, it'd be great to see it more often. Plus it'd make the backpack so much better.

Also I am a little whiny kid and the Haunted quality's color needs to be changed, it's the same as the Unusual quality's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #6831
    May 2012
    788 Posts
    Also I am a little whiny kid and the Haunted quality's color needs to be changed, it's the same as the Unusual quality's
    We should probably make the UHHHH and Unusual Haunted Metal Scrap haunted type items first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #6832
    April 2011
    5,479 Posts
    Hey ned, I have an idea
    What about taking the Treasure Hat's particle effect (coins are falling from the crate) and set it on the Scout's new backpack?

This particle is only used on the Treasure Hat, it'd be great to see it more often. Plus it'd make the backpack so much better.
    Would it work that well though? The duffel bag is full of just regular dollars, not coins.

33. Post #6833
    August 2011
    2,065 Posts
    We need a falling dosh effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

34. Post #6834
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,285 Posts
    it would have to be very, VERY different from the paper trail effect from the intelligence, because i can see a falling dollar effect very easily being confused for the intelligence trail in normal gameplay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

35. Post #6835
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    9,018 Posts
    Someone should take the effect from Harold Lott and re made it for TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #6836
    Ginger gizzard amateur~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    5,135 Posts
    it would have to be very, VERY different from the paper trail effect from the intelligence, because i can see a falling dollar effect very easily being confused for the intelligence trail in normal gameplay
    because scouts wearing the duffel bag are outlined and have a part of your HUD pointing at them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #6837
    April 2012
    566 Posts
    Yeah great way to confuse people with the intel.
    And what happens if you have the duffel and intel? double the paper double the clipping?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

38. Post #6838
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,285 Posts
    because scouts wearing the duffel bag are outlined and have a part of your HUD pointing at them?
    i meant the enemy team

as in, a scout running around a corner with a paper trail following him is probably going to get mistaken for somebody carrying the intel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #6839
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,693 Posts
    What's weird about Pyromania and the updates following it until now haven't added the new Valve logo video. They did so with Portal 2, so I have to wonder what's preventing them from doing so.

it'd be HILARIOUS to freak out 10-year olds though   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

40. Post #6840
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,265 Posts
    wonder how good the stickyjumper would look with a proper LOD

because i'm pretty sure it has the same SR syndrome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)