1. Post #321
    October 2010
    1,680 Posts
    Are you sure? I know one time they put hats out that weren't in any updates yet, and crafting them worked, but the game would be like "The fuck is this?" and hang onto it till the update came out
    The game needs the schema to know all the kinds of items available, and how to craft them. The game also needs a patch/update to receive the backpack icons, the names and all the other tidbits.

So Team Fortress 2 will need both a game update and a schema update if you want to craft the new items.

I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #322
    June 2012
    1,708 Posts
    Is there a Page Monitor version for Firefox?
    I haven't tried it out my self, but this looks like it:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...pdate-scanner/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,401 Posts

guys i found something
    That was awesome. We need more though. Meet the Pyro is the perfect time for all this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #324
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    6,221 Posts
    The game needs the schema to know all the kinds of items available, and how to craft them. The game also needs a patch/update to receive the backpack icons, the names and all the other tidbits.

So Team Fortress 2 will need both a game update and a schema update if you want to craft the new items.

I think.
    That's what I mean, it was craftable through the schema but no update was even downloadable yet, so it came out as "unknown"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

5. Post #325
    October 2010
    1,680 Posts
    That's what I mean, it was craftable through the schema but no update was even downloadable yet, so it came out as "unknown"
    Exactly. My guess is that when the update ships, they'll update the schema at the same time, so we won't have any funny problems.

I'm just hoping they actually add crafting recipes for the new weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

6. Post #326
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    5,133 Posts
    Exactly. My guess is that when the update ships, they'll update the schema at the same time, so we won't have any funny problems.

If they do and people don't have any metal for the weapons, i'll craft some to give out to others.

Yes, I did say this before but if you need any of the weapons crafted just add me on Steam during the update or before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

7. Post #327
    April 2011
    870 Posts

inb4 every weapon requires one refined and a polycount weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #328
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    inb4 every weapon requires one refined and a polycount weapon.
    I think it'll be one or two reclaimed.

My guess is
    Winger + 2 Reclaimed
    Soda Popper + GRU + Reclaimed

Machina + 2 Reclaimed
    Jarate + Overdose + Reclaimed

Scrap + Scrap + Liberty Launcher + Reclaimed

Detonator + FAN + Reclaimed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #329
    May 2011
    2,871 Posts
    You're a young gabe then
    He looks better with a few pounds on him, to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

10. Post #330
    April 2011
    870 Posts
    I think it'll be one or two reclaimed.

My guess is
    Winger + 2 Reclaimed
    Soda Popper + GRU + Reclaimed

Machina + 2 Reclaimed
    Jarate + Overdose + Reclaimed

Scrap + Scrap + Liberty Launcher + Reclaimed

Detonator + FAN + Reclaimed
    Still way too much, for actually gamechanging items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #331
    The Great Thief and defense attorney's assistant's assistant
    January 2012
    3,265 Posts
    They can't be crafted for the first 2 weeks and will be put into the Teufort Support Package that can only be opened with a Key To Teufort ($2.99). After that, they get recipes and all of them are 1 refined + some specific hat.

They don't drop.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #332
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    Still way too much, for actually gamechanging items.
    I can afford to craft all of those, but I lack most of the actual weapons

My big fear is the weapons requiring any Weta weapons to craft, as those don't seem to drop frequently at all.

I think the Beggar's Bazooka will have a silly recipe though, mostly using metal, like the Original, since it's a Rocket Launcher pieced together from garbage, that shoots (presumably) garbage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #333
    April 2011
    870 Posts
    I can afford to craft all of those, but I lack most of the actual weapons

My big fear is the weapons requiring any Weta weapons to craft, as those don't seem to drop frequently at all.

I think the Beggar's Bazooka will have a silly recipe though, mostly using metal, like the Original, since it's a Rocket Launcher pieced together from garbage, that shoots (presumably) garbage.
    Yeah, you can afford this. But which casual player can?

14. Post #334
    June 2012
    1,708 Posts
    The new Scout pistol is clearly going to be 9 Jars of Mad Milk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #335
    October 2010
    1,680 Posts
    I filled my backpack with all the weapons I could get my hands on, only have like 3 slots left. And I bet one of the recipes will still ask for something I don't have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #336
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    The new Scout shotty is clearly going to be 9 Jars of Mad Milk.
    heh, I actually got the SV as my first drop after the Uber Update. That saved me such a hassle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #337
    January 2012
    509 Posts

guys i found something
    HEY BRO I MADE SOME WAFFLES, YOU WANT SOME?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,763 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #339
    May 2011
    921 Posts
    I filled my backpack with all the weapons I could get my hands on, only have like 3 slots left. And I bet one of the recipes will still ask for something I don't have.
    I know what you mean.
    http://tf2b.com/tf2/neonbooger
    I swear to god these better have recipes because I'm not converting this stuff into tokens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,388 Posts
    That's strange, I tried to craft an Ambassador with a Black Box but it ain't working. I didn't know that revolvers are considered as secondary weapons in crafting, I've always thought that they're primaries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

21. Post #341
    December 2010
    17,012 Posts
    That's strange, I tried to craft an Ambassador with a Black Box but it ain't working. I didn't know that revolvers are considered as secondary weapons in crafting, I've always thought that they're primaries.
    Spy's loadout slots are odd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #342

July 2010
    2,064 Posts
    I had a dream MtP was a 36 minute long epic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 6Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #343
    May 2011
    921 Posts
    I had a dream MtP was a 36 minute long epic.
    On the one hand I want MtP to be a long, awesome epic.
    On the other hand I want it to be shortish so I can click day 3 quickly(and not get spoiled) and get to the update!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #344
    November 2010
    1,459 Posts
    Is anyone having a "Meet the Pyro" party with their mates? My friends and I were discussing it but 4am on a workday is something of a hurdle.
    Doing one on my Garry's Mod 13 server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    July 2011
    626 Posts
    feel like watching all the "meet the" shorts when MtP gets here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #346
    October 2010
    1,680 Posts
    He looks better with a few pounds on him, to be honest.
    Someone should send him a friendly letter with some advice on how to lose weight. A bunch of extra pounds is no joke. I want the man to last a century at least, god damnit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #347
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #348
    January 2012
    92 Posts

Just a little something that I put together to help us pass the time until the update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #349
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    That's how long we had left until MTP when it was posted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #350
    May 2011
    2,871 Posts
    You need the will to do it, and a metabolism willing to cooperate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

31. Post #351
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    Page monitor said all pages updated again... Why is it doing this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #352
    October 2010
    1,680 Posts
    My guess is that after the new update, it will be a bitch to dodge those triple rockets. Just dodging one is easier said than done.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 20Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #353
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,291 Posts
    I still reckon there's the chance that this is in fact the Pyro update, not the Tobot update...    HOWEVER,      maybe the final day of this update will be the start of the next update, the Tobor update.    Overly optimistic I know, but it certainly would make the update as a whole   (if you could still consider it only one update)   to be bigger than the Uber update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #354
    June 2012
    1,708 Posts
    My guess is that after the new update, it will be a bitch to dodge those triple rockets. Just dodging one is easier said than done.

Oh god that Pink Hair and Beard...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    2,532 Posts
    That was the current time of the countdown, doesn't mean MTP is coming at that time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

36. Post #356
    July 2011
    626 Posts

gotta love sircoldfruit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #357
    June 2012
    1,708 Posts
    Anyone got the Valve time Meet the Pyro counter time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

38. Post #358
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,136 Posts
    Page monitor said all pages updated again... Why is it doing this.
    yeah it's been doing that all night, i think valve is just fucking with us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #359
    May 2008
    4,751 Posts
    4 hours exactly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #360
    July 2011
    626 Posts
    no but i bet when it gets to 0 it will be like yesterday where they will taunt you with hints of new shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)