1. Post #201
    Dennab
    August 2008
    4,435 Posts
    It was good.
    I definitely think it was the hardest one to make, as it had completely new content, but it feels like it could have been done better.

Edited:

2. Post #202
    December 2009
    1,750 Posts
    -snip-

3. Post #203

4. Post #204
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,776 Posts
    Same shit to me only fantasies.

Really 7 dumbs? go to hell people.

You can't tell me you actually like the freaking balloon thing.
    Holy fudging cheese you are a super scrub.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    797 Posts
    The pyro will forever be a female to me.

LET ME HAVE MY FANTASIES DAMMIT.
    NO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

6. Post #206
    January 2010
    1,044 Posts
    Take it at face value and be happy you get a Meet the Team video.
    Relax and enjoy yourselves. An update is coming!

Do you believe in magic!

7. Post #207
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,776 Posts
    Pyro's voice sounds like a dude even though it's muffled and even has the body structure and height of a guy I am still not clear why his gender is questioned I think what should be asked is if he's really human.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

8. Post #208
    July 2009
    4,476 Posts
    The pyro will forever be a female to me.

LET ME HAVE MY FANTASIES DAMMIT.
    For some reason I always thought that if the Pyro was female, she would actually be some crazy old grandma as that would match the Pyro's build more than something like this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    16,891 Posts
    The TF2 community is once again divided into 2 opposite sides, first we saw this with the Mann Conomy Update.

Everyone is throwing shit back and forth at eachother
    dude they've been doing it since the fuckin pyro update lmao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    October 2009
    22 Posts
    Umm guys...take a look at this http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/pyroland/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

11. Post #211
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,288 Posts
    Felt like this song could have fit, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    5,986 Posts
    so it IS the mask.

14. Post #214
    Dennab
    August 2008
    4,435 Posts
    And then the Pyro removes its mask and goes (more) insane than it already was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,945 Posts
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. That was fucking incredible!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #216
    January 2010
    1,131 Posts
    Also, this just turned up on the Valve shop

...OK?
    Seeing as it comes bundled with an item code I might buy this thing and give the toy to my cousin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    November 2008
    850 Posts

Kr1ssyKr0n1K's (Best Gamers) take on the ending.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,423 Posts

Kr1ssyKr0n1K's (Best Gamers) take on the ending.
    hahaha its so funny because they're trolling hahahaha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    507 Posts
    The quality of these videos is simply fucking incredible. I loved it and am really excited for SFM.

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,256 Posts
    Well i feel like an idiot for saying that we would never get to see the game like the pyro now.

21. Post #221
    iOS Developer & Machinima.com Director
    February 2007
    51 Posts
    http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/pyroland/

Dear god.

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if this was inspired by Gabe Newell's facination with My Little Pony.

Go ahead, rate me dumb. But it seems likely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 35Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,620 Posts

Dear god.

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if this was inspired by Gabe Newell's facination with My Little Pony.

you're all kinds of dumb and wrong sorry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,436 Posts

Dear god.

It has bright colors and it's happy?! BOO THIS IS MLP SHIT FUCK THIS GABE BEWEWEL PONY FAGGOT DIE IN HELL.

Seriously, this has nothing to do with MLP. Grow the fuck up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 17Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    February 2007
    51 Posts
    you're all kinds of dumb and wrong sorry
    Care to explain?

*Insert ragequote here*
    From what i've seen, MLP is based on the cuteness/rainbow genre which is visibly portrayed in the "Meet the Pyro" update. I wouldn't be surprised if it was at the very least inspired by MLP to bring a sense of irony.

No need to get agressive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14 (list)

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,436 Posts
    Care to explain?

From what i've seen, MLP is based on the cuteness/rainbow genre which is visibly portrayed in the "Meet the Pyro" update. I wouldn't be surprised if it was at the very least inspired by MLP to bring a sense of irony.

No need to get agressive.
    MLP is based around ponies.
    This is based around stuff like candy land and shit.

Show me ONE MLP reference that isn't "Oh rainbows that's probably MLP related I guess yeah sure"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

26. Post #226
    February 2007
    51 Posts
    MLP is based around ponies.
    This is based around stuff like candy land and shit.

Show me ONE MLP reference that isn't "Oh rainbows that's probably MLP related I guess yeah sure"
    As I said before,

MLP is based on the cuteness/kid friendly genre which is visibly portrayed in the "Meet the Pyro" update.

EDIT: I am horrible at reading
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,436 Posts
    As I said before,

MLP is based on the cuteness/kid friendly genre which is visibly portrayed in the "Meet the Pyro" update.

Still waiting for an example. A LOT of things are "Cute" and "Kid friendly".
    You might as well of said "It's like MLP because the color blue is featured and the color blue is also present in MLP!".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #228
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    15,835 Posts
    You know, it's a good thing nobody tried SHOOTING HIM RATHER THAN HIDING IN WOODEN HOUSES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Zing Zing x 5 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,620 Posts
    Care to explain?
    As I said before,

just because you think something is a reference to something else doesn't make it so, or doesn't even make it "inspired by". having a flamethrower in a game doesn't mean it's inspired by the tf2 pyro, for example

one kid's show isn't the only thing that's been cutesy and colorful in the decades of modern media

and gabe probably isn't the one thinking up the plots to the meet the team videos. he also probably knows how people view mlp negatively and would be smart to not haphazardly shove it into a game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    February 2007
    51 Posts
    Still waiting for an example. A LOT of things are "Cute" and "Kid friendly".
    You might as well of said "It's like MLP because the color blue is featured and the color blue is also present in MLP!".
    I find it coincidential that pretty much all other TF2 major updates/events were (serious) and on-par with the game's (style).

Gabe Newell admits that he's a fan of the show My Little Pony, and the next major update to TF2 has rainbows, babies, sunshine, and what not.

I really, really doubt that someone didn't stand up at a brain storming session at Valve and go "It would be ironic if we make the Pyro all loving and carefree" and that was not at all inspired, or at the very least compared to such shows as My Little Pony. Heck, Gabe Newell must've given the green light to O.K. the update. Did he come up with the idea? I don't know. But i'm pretty sure he liked it.

just because you think something is a reference to something else doesn't make it so, or doesn't even make it "inspired by". having a flamethrower in a game doesn't mean it's inspired by the tf2 pyro, for example

one kid's show isn't the only thing that's been cutesy and colorful in the decades of modern media

and gabe probably isn't the one thinking up the plots to the meet the team videos. he also probably knows how people view mlp negatively and would be smart to not haphazardly shove it into a game
    See above.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,765 Posts
    It was good.
    I definitely think it was the hardest one to make, as it had completely new content, but it feels like it could have been done better.
    I'd say it was the easiest for that very reason.. They pulled all this rainbow-dementia shtick from the far left field with no grounding in the TF2 universe.

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,620 Posts
    I'd say it was the easiest for that very reason.. They pulled all this rainbow-dementia shtick from the far left field with no grounding in the TF2 universe.
    well technically it's 1969 in the tf2 universe now

i'd consider the pyro hallucinating fairly well grounded in reality
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    February 2007
    51 Posts
    By the way to Anonymuzz and sirdownloadsalot, thanks for replying back to my comments.

Even though we may disagree, I am glad to read about your insights/views/opinions as to how mine may be mistaken.

What I don't like, is the systematic rating that goes on with the posts (which is not the fault of either of you).

Interestingly enough, the ones who always rate my comments dumb and both of your comments good are always the same people, and some (if they even read the comments to begin with) are My Little Pony fans which (probably) bias their ratings.

I'd honestly rather have them comment as to why my comments are rated as so, rather then receiving no input, just a rating, and being rated constantly.

I just find it a bit cowardly. Maybe they don't have time to reply back, or they thing you're doing a better job at defending your point. But I still find it cowardly.

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,540 Posts
    Also is it just me or have the "Meet The" videos become showcases for new items?
    to me it seems more like "hey we already made these models and animations lets throw them in to shut those damn ponies up"

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,620 Posts
    By the way to Anonymuzz and sirdownloadsalot, thanks for replying back to my comments.

Even though we may disagree, I am glad to read about your insights/views/opinions as to how mine may be mistaken.

What I don't like, is the systematic rating that goes on with the posts (which is not the fault of either of you).

Interestingly enough, the ones who always rate my comments dumb and both of your comments good are always the same people, and some (if they even read the comments to begin with) are My Little Pony fans which (probably) bias their ratings.

I'd honestly rather have them comment as to why my comments are rated as so, rather then receiving no input, just a rating, and being rated constantly.

I just find it a bit cowardly. Maybe they don't have time to reply back, or they thing you're doing a better job at defending your point. But I still find it cowardly.
    stop caring about ratings and you'll have a much better time on facepunch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,540 Posts
    oh yeah and about the video;

they worried too much about the detail

37. Post #237
    February 2007
    51 Posts
    stop caring about ratings and you'll have a much better time on facepunch
    You're not the first person to say this to me, I just feel that ratings are a method of input. Really unhelpful input. But input none the less.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,540 Posts
    You're not the first person to say this to me, I just feel that ratings are a method of input. Really unhelpful input. But input none the less.
    ignore ratings

only read posts

if you click (list) you are a sperg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,765 Posts
    well technically it's 1969 in the tf2 universe now

i'd consider the pyro hallucinating fairly well grounded in reality
    I see what you're doing there and it still doesn't contribute to anything. Sure, the idea that the pyro has been running around spreading happiness and smiles is amusing, but it's still rather boring.

clearly im expecting too much from the team at this point~

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,540 Posts
    I see what you're doing there and it still doesn't contribute to anything. Sure, the idea that the pyro has been running around spreading happiness and smiles is amusing, but it's still rather boring.

clearly im expecting too much from the team at this point~
    truthfully what else did you expect