1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,838 Posts
    i was expecting too much since meet the spy dropped honestly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

2. Post #242
    July 2009
    4,690 Posts
    You know, it's a good thing nobody tried SHOOTING HIM RATHER THAN HIDING IN WOODEN HOUSES
    Our enemies hide in WOODEN BOXES! THE COWARDS! THE FOOLS!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,128 Posts
    You know, it's a good thing nobody tried SHOOTING HIM RATHER THAN HIDING IN WOODEN HOUSES
    I believe the video took place during a post-round humiliation. I mean, what goes on in the video is pretty much what happens to the losing team everytime!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 15Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,158 Posts
    http://www.teamfortress.com/pyromania/pyroland/

Dear god.

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if this was inspired by Gabe Newell's facination with My Little Pony.

Go ahead, rate me dumb. But it seems likely.
    Yea man it was totally inspired by MLP

So was this:

Such a ripoff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,090 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

6. Post #246
    September 2009
    12,270 Posts
    Holy Hell Facepunch. You guys critique a trailer piece meant to advertise TF2 and the SFM like it was an actual Hollywood Film.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

7. Post #247
    January 2010
    1,129 Posts
    Heck, Gabe Newell must've given the green light to O.K. the update. Did he come up with the idea? I don't know. But i'm pretty sure he liked it.
    Except we know that Valve doesn't work like a hierarchy.

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,870 Posts
    That was random yet satisfying

9. Post #249
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    I wonder why people are so mad about this, this is bonus content which is actually really great and nicely made. The game is fucking old already, most devs do not even support such content this later after this many years. So why being mad about something that is completely free and awesome to watch?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    July 2011
    6,163 Posts
    I wonder why people are so mad about this, this is bonus content which is actually really great and nicely made. The game is fucking old already, most devs do not even support such content this later after this many years. So why being mad about something that is completely free and awesome to watch?
    People hyped it up themselves and when it came out it didn't meet their outrageous expectations.

Also Valve put a rainbow in it so its a reference to mlp oh my god everything is ruined brb killing self.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #251
    July 2010
    4,404 Posts
    I loved it, and I don't get why everyone's so surprised at pyro's take on the world. s/he/it was already considered a lunatic, even compared to the other lunatics that make up the team. People seem to expect him to see the world as gritty and realistic.

Gritty and realistic is boring.

12. Post #252
    November 2010
    5,345 Posts
    I loved it, and I don't get why everyone's so surprised at pyro's take on the world. s/he/it was already considered a lunatic, even compared to the other lunatics that make up the team. People seem to expect him to see the world as gritty and realistic.

Gritty and realistic is boring.
    We already knew for around a year that Meet the Pyro would be "seen through pyro's eyes" thanks to a little leak from someone who visited Valve.

Everyone instantly knew that it would be something like how it was in the official video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,004 Posts
    I find it coincidential that pretty much all other TF2 major updates/events were (serious) and on-par with the game's (style).

Gabe Newell admits that he's a fan of the show My Little Pony, and the next major update to TF2 has rainbows, babies, sunshine, and what not.

I really, really doubt that someone didn't stand up at a brain storming session at Valve and go "It would be ironic if we make the Pyro all loving and carefree" and that was not at all inspired, or at the very least compared to such shows as My Little Pony. Heck, Gabe Newell must've given the green light to O.K. the update. Did he come up with the idea? I don't know. But i'm pretty sure he liked it.

See above.
    You realize that this script was in place since, like, Meet the Heavy, right?

14. Post #254
    i was expecting too much since meet the spy dropped honestly
    Well IMO Meet the Spy and Meet the Medic are at least equitable. I might even like Meet the Medic more. Meet the Sniper was also fantastic.

I mean Meet the Pyro is fantastic as well, but it's just not as engaging or clever as the previous few.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #255
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    19,248 Posts
    That was adorable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #256
    October 2011
    2,585 Posts
    I thought it was alright, I couldn't have thought of much else for a meet the Pyro video. I wonder if all the fumes did that to him. I'm just glad they didn't unmask the Pyro.
    It's like the opposite of this

Edited:

From garry's twitter:
    That's the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

17. Post #257
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts
    man what's with all the beef

it was short, not very complex, sure, but it was short & sweet and i got a chuckle out of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

18. Post #258
    May 2010
    11,301 Posts
    Wait, people seriously don't like this?

Because it has cute things?

Cute things which are a schizophrenic representation of brutal murder?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,859 Posts
    Yeah I don't honestly get the 'hate' surrounding the trailer either. I thought it was fucking great and hilarious.

Then again I didn't hype it up at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

20. Post #260
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,454 Posts
    The scenes where it cut back to reality were fucking dark, he trapped medic in a wooden hut and burned him alive for christ sake

I LOVE IT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 13Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    July 2011
    6,163 Posts
    The scenes where it cut back to reality were fucking dark, he trapped medic in a wooden hut and burned him alive for christ sake

I LOVE IT
    Not to mention they actually showed their horribly charred corpses at the end which surprised me, I just expected them to have them normal but on fire or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #262
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,454 Posts
    Yeah
    Pyro is pretty badass

And even though we don't have a real gender for 'it' I'm leaning male just because all the old concept art has men as the pyro
    Other than that pyro is a drug fuelled robot.

23. Post #263
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) rip $5
    December 2009
    5,837 Posts
    This has to be the darkest trailer so far, even tough most of the visuals aren't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,961 Posts
    Most of us don't see past the exterior and only see the "LAWL PONIES AND RAINBOWS" part. They forget about the parts where Pyro is a fucking insane maniac.

25. Post #265
    July 2011
    6,163 Posts
    Yeah
    Pyro is pretty badass

And even though we don't have a real gender for 'it' I'm leaning male just because all the old concept art has men as the pyro
    Other than that pyro is a drug fuelled robot.
    Well if pyro is a woman she has an very odd body shape and the strength to carry around a flamethrower and a slegehammer/fireaxe so she'd be build as fuck.

Not quite as kawaii as most of the tf2 community imagine but whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    July 2011
    65 Posts
    Kermit does not agree.

Must be one of the most brilliant things I've seen the past decade, loving it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

27. Post #267
    July 2011
    6,163 Posts
    Most of us don't see past the exterior and only see the "LAWL PONIES AND RAINBOWS" part. They forget about the parts where Pyro is a fucking insane maniac.
    I've seen people who criticise it with 'wtf is this cartoony shit'.

Did you miss the part where he buries his axe in that guys head and burns the medic alive.

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    5,717 Posts

Did you miss the part where he buries his axe in that guys head and burns the medic alive.
    and shoots the scout point blank with a flare gun

and incinerates the snipers face

all while thinking everything is pure innocence
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,715 Posts
    and shoots the scout point blank with a flare gun

and incinerates the snipers face

all while thinking everything is pure innocence
    Looks the medic in a building, sets it on fire and leaves him to slowly burn to death.
    Happy-happy fun time!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,454 Posts

It boggles the mind that people are actually capable of being that dumb
    Its quite amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    5,717 Posts
    the more i watch it the more i enjoy it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

32. Post #272
    July 2011
    6,163 Posts
    It boggles the mind that people are actually capable of being that dumb
    Its quite amazing
    If you saw the pyromania thread last night just after MtP came out oh boy oh man was that something else.

33. Post #273
    Dennab
    October 2010
    4,306 Posts
    Pyro isn't crazy.

He's just high as hell on the gas from his tank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #274
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,454 Posts
    Pyro isn't crazy.

He's just high as hell on the gas from his tank.
    Gotta make it through the war somehow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #275
    December 2009
    1,995 Posts
    I didn't hate Meet the Pyro, I was just disappointed because of its wasted potential. You can say it was perfect all you want, but that doesn't remove the fact that they could have done something better in that amount of time.

Not only that, but I was hoping for some kind of... I don't know... good ending to the "Meet the" series. Maybe I'm expecting to much, but seeing the meet the team series end is quite sad. I'll miss the new episodes dearly. Now the main thing I'll remember about them is candy land with unicorns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #276

June 2012
    29 Posts
    They shouldn't include custom items in the "Meet the" videos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux India Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    A true breast lover loves all breasts, regardless of the size.
    May 2010
    2,540 Posts
    I didn't hate Meet the Pyro, I was just disappointed because of its wasted potential. You can say it was perfect all you want, but that doesn't remove the fact that they could have done something better in that amount of time.

Not only that, but I was hoping for some kind of... I don't know... good ending to the "Meet the" series. Maybe I'm expecting to much, but seeing the meet the team series end is quite sad. I'll miss the new episodes dearly. Now the main thing I'll remember about them is candy land with unicorns.
    I'm sure they'll make more videos. Of what, I don't know. Maybe they will include Saxton Hale.

38. Post #278
    May 2007
    2,043 Posts

What specifically could they have done that would have been better?

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,287 Posts
    What specifically could they have done that would have been better?
    I've said it before but imo they dragged the candyland thing on for too long. Should have removed some of that and lengthened the interview parts a bit or just made them into monologues. But that's just my two cents.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    April 2012
    984 Posts
    The Pyroland goggles that recently got added are hilarious. Every time an enemy dies, they start laughing.

I completely forgot I was using them and played almost an hour of 2fort with them on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)