1. Post #1
    I'm The Archangel Of Virtue
    February 2010
    4,051 Posts
    Hello once again, For another addition to my dead space mod i need help creating the 2 useful tools that are essential to dead space, Stasis and Kinesis. To make this easy on everyone, someone could make 2 sweps with the same animation that looks something like this (BELOW)

WHAT THE SWEPS WOULD BE FIRST PERSON (below)

Both the Stasis and Kinesis sweps will look the same. But they will act very differently.

THE KINESIS GUN

The kinesis gun will function pretty much exactly like the gravity gun, If you fire and it has nothing to pick up, it makes a sound just like how the grav gun makes that like sad "oouu" sound(make it pickupfail.wav) and only have a white light appear at the hand (PICTURE #1)
    If however you are pointing at a prop or something that can be picked up (even ragdolls can be picked up) then the white ball of light will appear at your hand and another ball of light will fly to the object, attaching to it, and bringing it back to the player. this makes one sound for shooting successfully (pickup.wav) and the looping holding sound (holding.wav).(PICTURE #2)

Like the Gravity gun it can simply drop the objects or shoot them far away (PICTURE #3)

Last note: the only difference between this gun and the grav gun is that it does not drag objects (like when its just out of your reach but it slowly pulls it until it its in grab distance) it will only pickup what the player aimed at

PICTURE #1:

PICTURE #2:
    I know you cant clearly see it but the white ball traveled from the players hand to the object
    notice how the white ball is still attached to the object (NO not the flashlight circle) and pay attention to how there is a semi transparent new ball on the players hand again

PICTURE #3:
    when the player decides to SHOOT or THRUST the object away, the white ball lunges at the object, making the object flash white for a second and then fly away.

THE STASIS GUN

This one will be a little more tricky than the Kinesis gun. This gun shoots a blue ball (PICTURE #1), and if that ball comes in contact with a prop or an npc/entity it will make it go into slow motion, and for props slow motion AND lower gravity. So to make this code, i suggest having it slow the host_timescale or phys_timescale to preferably 0.1 to 0.3, and gravity, not super low. For npcs, as long as they are slowed down and their voices sound longer and more slow thats good. Also when the target is under the effect of Stasis, they have a bluish glow emitting from them, and they also gain an overall shade of blue. (PICTURE #2)

The stasis effect should only last for 10 to 15 seconds. and the fire rate of this gun should be extremely slow.

when stasis is shot add a code for a sound (make it stashot.wav) and if it the stasis ball impacts anything a sound should emit from the impact (stahit.wav)

PICTURE #1:

stasis fire effect

PICTURE #2:
    door hit by stasis
    some dead bodies affected by stasis
    Npcs hit by stasis should have a more solid blue glow unlike the corpses

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS POST THEM HERE OR HIT ME UP ON STEAM http://steamcommunity.com/id/HunterIsSexy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2010
    399 Posts
    Why not ask for a Dead Space gamemode already?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2010
    4,051 Posts
    Why not ask for a Dead Space gamemode already?
    Thats what Im making..... Im just getting help from around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    October 2009
    5,853 Posts
    Thats what Im making..... Im just getting help from around.
    you are asking help for every single thing

Once you get SOMETING done by yourself and not by someone else then come back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2010
    4,051 Posts
    you are asking help for every single thing

Once you get SOMETING done by yourself and not by someone else then come back
    I have... The hurt sounds, Idle sounds (not yet uploaded), and im working on sweps and npcs... that good enough?

And im sorry that i thought asking for each thing i truly need help on INDIVIDUALLY would be easier on most people then 1 giant request thread, so not one person has to do everything i request...
    That so bad?

Edited:

If anyone wants to help work on this hit me up on steam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    February 2010
    4,051 Posts
    If you want you could make these not even sweps and rather just special scripts that are fired when someone presses g or h or something

7. Post #7
    help
    January 2012
    276 Posts
    I have... The hurt sounds, Idle sounds (not yet uploaded), and im working on sweps and npcs... that good enough?
    seeing as the hurt sounds is really not that hard whatsoever and you aren't working on sweps. bro you just asked in the op if you could have some help with the sweps.

goodluck with the npcs, lol.

8. Post #8
    February 2010
    4,051 Posts
    seeing as the hurt sounds is really not that hard whatsoever and you aren't working on sweps. bro you just asked in the op if you could have some help with the sweps.

goodluck with the npcs, lol.
    Not those sweps, im working on like the pulse rifle, plasma cutter, linegun. those are the ones im working on, These two (stasis and kinesis) dont even need to be sweps. i dont really know how to go about making them? id like to know if it would be better to make them as sweps or just special scripts fired by the press of a key.

But yeah the npcs will need alot of time, but im sure they will come out great in the end!

9. Post #9
    help
    January 2012
    276 Posts
    Not those sweps, im working on like the pulse rifle, plasma cutter, linegun. those are the ones im working on, These two (stasis and kinesis) dont even need to be sweps. i dont really know how to go about making them? id like to know if it would be better to make them as sweps or just special scripts fired by the press of a key.

But yeah the npcs will need alot of time, but im sure they will come out great in the end!
    ok make sure to give credit where credit is due (70% of mod) have fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)