1. Post #1

June 2012
    10 Posts
    I am not responsible for any damage caused to your computer

Hey guys,
    i'm going to tell you all how to install Mac OS X on your 32- or 64-bit Windows computer.

Firstly, you need a LEGAL copy from Mac OS X Snow Leopard, however there is no way you can get a Lion retail, so i'll explain how to install Snow Leopard in this tutorial.
    Upgrading to Lion is easy.
    Second, you'll need the bootloader. (http://www.mediafire.com/?4a0tlc522q7b8wc)
    And you also will need a Windows XP/Vista/7 version installed on a USB drive or another HD.

Okay, lets begin.

1. BACK UP ALL INFORMATION YOU WANT TO KEEP!!!! YOU WILL HAVE TO FORMAT YOUR WHOLE HARD DRIVE SO ALL DATA WILL BE LOST!!
    2. Burn your Empire EFI.iso to a disc with your favorite image burner
    3. Take your Empire EFI Disk and put it in your DVD drive
    4. Reboot
    5. When you see a screen with Darth Vader on it, eject your Empire EFI disc and put in your Snow Leopard DVD
    6. Wait a second or two, push the F5 button and wait for the disk icon with the label Mac OS X Install DVD to show up
    7. Use the arrow keys to move the highlighting box to the disk icon
    8. Hit Enter
    9. Wait at least 5 minutes for the language selection window to show up (If it gets stuck at the black and white text, for more than 5 minutes, take a picture of your current screen and go to an
    OSx86 forum with the pic)
    10. Select your language and click the blue arrow
    11. Now go to utilities, and then Disk Utility
    12. Now select your Hard Drive from the left box and then click the erase tab near the top of the screen.
    13. Click Options, and then make sure GUID is selected and click ok.
    14. Now make one partition that is Mac OS X Journaled.
    15. Then click Apply
    16. When it finishes, close disk utility and install as normal to the Mac OS X HD partition
    17. When the computer restarts, eject your Snow Leopard DVD

Post-installation:
    1. Boot into your Windows partition (USB or other Drive)
    2. Download Easy BCD.
    3. Install Easy BCD
    4. Run Easy BCD
    5. Click add new entry
    6. Select the Mac tab
    7. Click add entry
    8. Download the Empire EFI Disc
    9. Rename it to "nst_mac" (very important step)
    10. Copy it to C:/NST/ and replace the current file

Booting into your new Mac OS X Installation:
    1. Reboot
    2. When it asks you which os you want to boot up with pick NST Mac OS X
    3. You will now see a familiar screen, select the Mac OS X HD hard drive with the arrow keys and hit enter
    4. You now have Mac OS X running on your PC!

Drivers
    Ofcourse MAC OS X isn't supported by computers, so you have to install drivers now.

http://cheetha.net/ <- This is very recommended for installing KEXTs/Drivers
    http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/in...rdPartyDrivers <- Here are alot of drivers.
    http://www.osx86.net/ <- Also here
    Or otherwise just Google: '[DEVICE NAME] kext'

I hope you all liked my tutorial.

-Benjamin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Useful Useful x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,749 Posts
    Not very good written, also not really nice to follow.

Add some images to make it more user friendly maybe , anyways thansk or the post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3

June 2012
    10 Posts
    Not very good written, also not really nice to follow.

Add some images to make it more user friendly maybe , anyways thansk or the post.
    Hmm, yea.. Also thought the same after reading this.

Whatever, i've gotta go. I'll edit this topic later, and add pics :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,065 Posts
    To correct a misconception, you can buy a retail copy of Lion as a USB drive from Apple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    4,770 Posts
    To correct a misconception, you can buy a retail copy of Lion as a USB drive from Apple.
    But it is significantly more expensive than getting Snow Leopard and then Lion from the App store, as I recall. Aren't the flash drives like 50 bucks or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,732 Posts
    This is one out of dozens of ways that isn't always going to work, and you missed the megathread.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1179154
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,288 Posts
    Ofcourse MAC OS X isn't supported by computers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,065 Posts
    But it is significantly more expensive than getting Snow Leopard and then Lion from the App store, as I recall. Aren't the flash drives like 50 bucks or something?
    Bear in mind that folks with newer hardware(such as those with Ivy Bridge CPUs) require Lion to start with, as Snow Leopard doesn't support it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)