1. Post #81
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,558 Posts
    So what about payment?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #82

May 2012
    39 Posts
    I'm looking for a advanced Lua coder to help me with a bunch of things I need done to my DarkRP 2.4.2 server. I need you to be so advanced that you can make a completely custom game mode from scratch. I need you to be able to do this because I'm looking for a coder to be someone I can message up on steam whenever I need a coder and also I'm planning to hire a coder to make me a custom game mode in the future. I need you to be really good at coding because I don't want a big hassle with things that you cant seem to do correctly or keep needing to fix over and over. Pay for your services will be discussed when I can talk to you over steam chat and pay will vary because I need a bunch of different things done. Please PM via facepunch PM with some descriptions of some stuff you've done. Please only PM me only if your an advanced LUA coder. Thanks guys.
    So what i took from that is i need to be an advanced lua coder...

Out of my curiosity (And i can imagine of all people who read that post as well), how old are you? and how do you plan to get a hold of your mommys magic money card to pay for all this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Awesome Gmod Servers!
    September 2011
    2,073 Posts
    So what i took from that is i need to be an advanced lua coder...

Out of my curiosity (And i can imagine of all people who read that post as well), how old are you? and how do you plan to get a hold of your mommys magic money card to pay for all this?
    I thought.. that for the amount of times he put .. advanced lua coder, that once I was done reading it .. my monitor would blow up. There was too much tension in that entire paragraph, I didn't know what was going to happen.

Continue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #84

January 2012
    10 Posts
    Need a Coder!!!

Hello..... i need a new coder to my perp community (only a little website right now xD and just started 2 days ago) i dont want to pay but i can offer a admin posision. im sorry but i dont have money right now

-What we need to get
    Automatic donation
    bugs fixed
    more bugs fixed xD
    maybe a new job
    taxi driver ( job )
    Something that YOU wanna do!

Remember this is over a LONG time. this is when you are coder for our community

Steam: kim_friis2
    facepunch:pm

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    April 2010
    461 Posts
    Just my option for alpha585 post and others.

It doesn't matter about the payment. As long hes paying for each project/script you make with a negotiable price, I bet its fine for what he said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,669 Posts
    Added some new suspected scammers from the previous thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Useful Useful x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #87
    I'm a tool
    June 2009
    1,410 Posts
    Need a Coder!!!

Hello..... i need a new coder to my perp community (only a little website right now xD and just started 2 days ago) i dont want to pay but i can offer a admin posision. im sorry but i dont have money right now

-What we need to get
    Automatic donation
    bugs fixed
    more bugs fixed xD
    maybe a new job
    taxi driver ( job )
    Something that YOU wanna do!

Remember this is over a LONG time. this is when you are coder for our community

Steam: kim_friis2
    facepunch:pm

Thanks
    Hasn't this been outlined? Nobody is going to code for free for you on a community that offers nothing different except you at the front wheel. The likely-hood is that your community will shutdown within a few weeks, if not days.

Admin positions on new server's have zero value, Z-E-R-O. If you want to build up an indie server from scratch you need to know Lua, not just have a computer and a few dollars you stole from your Mum. No coder would spend time out of their schedule to code for you.

You may find a coder willing to help, but you probably won't get anything but a custom money printer and another shitty job like 'Senior Terrorist Killer Man'. I know you're probably young and crave power but you've got to let it slide. I used to want a server, I got past that, but I did everything myself. Now, whenever I code for somebody, I usually turn down admin positions.

No matter how formal you sound, or thanking, it's not even worth posting; and your just wasting other people's time. This is a hire thread, indicating that you must trade something of value in return for what you want. 'I'll pay you when the server becomes good' isn't a form of payment, that's like trading stock; it contains alot of risk that a coder won't usually take. Because even if the server did become popular, the coder wouldn't get paid. He'd just be offered Super Admin or Co-Owner.

Being co-owner is not a gift, it's a curse.

I know this argument has been portrayed, but you've got to remind them every so often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #88

July 2012
    15 Posts
    Looking for GMod scripter. We need a customized DarkRP script with: custom jobs, custom weapons, some added tools for the toolgun, some added entities (money printers, cars), a banking system (when people receive salary it needs to go to the bank account, which you can enter at the ATM machine and earns a little intrest each payday), settable jail positions.

We would need it done in maximum a week and we're willing to pay 70 euro/85 dollars.

PM me or add CAULAINCOURT250 on steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #89

January 2012
    10 Posts
    Hasn't this been outlined? Nobody is going to code for free for you on a community that offers nothing different except you at the front wheel. The likely-hood is that your community will shutdown within a few weeks, if not days.

Admin positions on new server's have zero value, Z-E-R-O. If you want to build up an indie server from scratch you need to know Lua, not just have a computer and a few dollars you stole from your Mum. No coder would spend time out of their schedule to code for you.

You may find a coder willing to help, but you probably won't get anything but a custom money printer and another shitty job like 'Senior Terrorist Killer Man'. I know you're probably young and crave power but you've got to let it slide. I used to want a server, I got past that, but I did everything myself. Now, whenever I code for somebody, I usually turn down admin positions.

No matter how formal you sound, or thanking, it's not even worth posting; and your just wasting other people's time. This is a hire thread, indicating that you must trade something of value in return for what you want. 'I'll pay you when the server becomes good' isn't a form of payment, that's like trading stock; it contains alot of risk that a coder won't usually take. Because even if the server did become popular, the coder wouldn't get paid. He'd just be offered Super Admin or Co-Owner.

Being co-owner is not a gift, it's a curse.

I know this argument has been portrayed, but you've got to remind them every so often.

funny huh. i already got a coder that know what he is doing xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Hearts
    July 2007
    3,181 Posts
    funny huh. i already got a coder that know what he is doing xD
    I don't think anyone that would "know what he is doing" would accept that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    January 2009
    262 Posts
    Scam report:

I coded him an organization addon for darkrp, he promised to pay $20 for it.
    I recent finished fixing up and added underglow for his cars for his OCRP gamemode. He asked me for a quote, I asked him how much he thought it would cost(He stated 15-20), but no price was set. When the project was finished and payment was due, I quoted 25 dollars(mainly because of the amount of work that was actually required, though he could have just paid 20).

He stated he only had 15 and said it would take a couple days to get the funds transferred to his paypal to send to me. That would be on July 20th. It is now August 2nd, and I have attempted several times to, even left a message on his Steam page. Every attempt I have made ended with him going offline. Even delaying and saying "I'll pitch in 5$ for the wait". Today, he tells me straight up that he can't pay me.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ANYONE AT CONDUIT GAMING OR JORDANLOL633(Or any aliases).

Screenshots:

His Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jordanlol633/
    Secondary Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067533769/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,248 Posts
    (For the record, if he got a VAC ban and Valve still hasn't made an announcement about wrongfully banning people, there's nothing that can be done about it)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Devolved Community Owner
    June 2005
    633 Posts
    He must of received a GAC ban from SethHack earlier before SethHack shutdown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #94

August 2012
    3 Posts
    Looking for a LUA Coder that's willing to edit some things in DarkRP. I'd like a couple of things added to the server for it not to be to much like any other server. Anyways, below is what I'm looking to be done.

Added Jobs:

-Freerunner (http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=103959)

-S.W.A.T Leader [Donator Only]

-S.W.A.T Member [Donator Only]

-Thief (Picklock)

-Professional Thief (Faster Picklock & Free Runners SWEP) [Donators Only]

-Hitman

-Black Market Dealer

-Drug Dealer

Some other things:

-When the Mayor dies, he loses his job

-(Costs x2 More than Normal Printer) Gold Printer prints x3 More money than a normal printer [Donators Only]

-(Costs x4 More than Normal Printer) Platinum Printer prints x5 more money than a normal printer [Donators Only]

-All jobs are allowed to buy "Empty Boxes"

-Shipments don't break when shot

-Automatic Donation System in F4 Menu

You may contact me at any of the options below.

Email: thegreatriverr@gmail.com

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/76561197987519020/home

We'll negotiate privately about what I'll being paying you.

Sincerely,
    Crawford
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #95

July 2012
    15 Posts
    Scam report

Pretty ironic that the last thing I said was:"We won't scam." Apparently he would...

We agreed on buying one game before we would get the script. Then he would send us the script and we would give him the other game tomorrow. He really did send us a file, but not the one we hoped for. It is a useless script. When I remembered him he would get the other game tomorrow, he blocked me and my friend, deleted us and changed his name.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/CoolDude111
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,958 Posts
    Why would you do business with someone that speaks like a 12 year old?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #97

July 2012
    15 Posts
    Why would you do business with someone that speaks like a 12 year old?
    He didn't speak like a 12 year old, and looked very mature. This is the end of our conversation, but at first he looked very trustworthy.

Edit: This is a very bad example, I see he speaks like a 12 year old in this excerpt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    Get a link to his Steam profile, nickname is useless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #99

July 2012
    15 Posts
    Get a link to his Steam profile, nickname is useless.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/CoolDude111
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198000594887

Permalink incase he changes his URL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    Hearts
    July 2007
    3,181 Posts
    -snip- Wow, I must've had this tab open for a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #102

May 2012
    21 Posts
    What I want done:
    - Fix the gamemode Basewars and help me fix a bit of the models.
    - Maybe someone to do a new HUD for the gamemode as well.

What I'm paying:
    - $30 Only because it shouldn't be a big hassle to just clean up some of the code within the gamemode and add a few models.
    - The HUD $20
    - I pay half FIRST and if I feel like I trust you.. I'll pay the whole 30 half way done.

Contact info:
    - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057377507

Extra:
    - The gamemode website is right here: http://dramaunlimited.org/lmaollama-basewars-release/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #103
    Awesome Gmod Servers!
    September 2011
    2,073 Posts
    What I want done:

What I'm paying:
    - $30 Only because it shouldn't be a big hassle to just clean up some of the code within the gamemode and add a few models.
    - The HUD $20

Contact info:

Extra:
    - The gamemode website is right here: http://dramaunlimited.org/lmaollama-basewars-release/
    Llamalords
    January 29th, 2012 - 09:40
    Why the fuck would you ever want to release this pile of shit.

Even the creator finds it to be a piece of shit. Plus there's a missing content pack.

(User was banned for this post ("Unnecessary flaming" - Autumn))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,652 Posts
    Glad to see that FreedomPuppies is on that list, I can confirm I have been scammed by him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,958 Posts
    What I want done:

What I'm paying:
    - The HUD $20
    - I pay half FIRST and if I feel like I trust you.. I'll pay the whole 30 half way done.

Contact info:

Extra:
    It's not worth it. It's code is of no quality or understand-ability in many instances.
    Trust me, I tried. Then I made my own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    December 2009
    41 Posts
    Post #61, still require a bit more work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #107

December 2011
    350 Posts
    Llamalords
    January 29th, 2012 - 09:40
    Why the fuck would you ever want to release this pile of shit.

Even the creator finds it to be a piece of shit. Plus there's a missing content pack.
    Don't give Llamalords credit for this the gamemode is actually from a very old leak of WCA RPDM the code was horrible yet Llamalords some how made it a lot worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    Awesome Gmod Servers!
    September 2011
    2,073 Posts
    Don't give Llamalords credit for this the gamemode is actually from a very old leak of WCA RPDM the code was horrible yet Llamalords some how made it a lot worse.
    I'm not giving him credit, i'm just saying he's the one who slapped it together and most likely wants no one else to touch that horribly structured gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #109

May 2012
    21 Posts
    Is anyone else down to make a better and more evolved version of BaseWars then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,874 Posts
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't basewars just spawning a limited number of items and moving them into base then fighting for basic goals (ctf/dm)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,958 Posts
    Nah, you spawn generators and turrets and other means of defence to protect your money printers and other goods. You make factories to make guns, etc. Then you have to go try and attack other people with the guns and get past their defenses.
    Pretty fun, when the gamemode isn't shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    February 2011
    39 Posts
    Hey Face,

We need a coder that can Modify/Create a "mission system" Addon For our RP Servers. It's already partially coded, i just need someone to edit/redo it with some other adjustments.

Basically NPC Setspawn locations where players can receive missions and level up after a certain number of objectives have been completed. The idea is very similar to the Radioactive gamemode mission system, if anyone remembers...

I'm a Honest LUA Coders Dream, I pay well, we're a large community, and have lots of other creative and lucrative opportunities if we decide to go there!

Scammers and BS Artists would be wise to avoid me...

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #113
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,958 Posts
    Hey Face,

We need a coder that can Modify/Create a "mission system" Addon For our RP Servers. It's already partially coded, i just need someone to edit/redo it with some other adjustments.

Basically NPC Setspawn locations where players can receive missions and level up after a certain number of objectives have been completed. The idea is very similar to the Radioactive gamemode mission system, if anyone remembers...

I'm a Honest LUA Coders Dream, I pay well, we're a large community, and have lots of other creative and lucrative opportunities if we decide to go there!

Scammers and BS Artists would be wise to avoid me...

Thanks!
    Add me up.. I made a great framework for these kinda things a while ago.
    What kinda missions are you wanting to code?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    September 2010
    8 Posts
    Hiring:

A coder to fix up Garrysbots 1.01 ( can be easily searched on garrysmod.org and find it) and to add several features such as:

Automated donation system that unlocks:
    Higher prop limit
    Donator props
    Donator Skins
    Donator Hats
    And a donator chat color

Shop:

Everytime you win a game you earn 300 points, 150 if you come in second, and 50 no matter what if you dont come in second or first. Each hat costs around 3 grand and each skin is around 6 grand, and each prop limit boost (each by like ten) costs 15k points. There should be several things to purchase and buy. Extra Core health: 15k each 10HP

Fix up all errors/bugs and make like the mode ready for gmod 13.

Payment Methods: Moneypak, or Paypal, or Western Union.

Payment: $120 - $160

Contact Information:
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...052840818/home

Please dont try to scam me, it wont work. Im paying after I see the source not before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    RiotServers.net
    July 2011
    763 Posts
    Glad to see that FreedomPuppies is on that list, I can confirm I have been scammed by him.
    I've been scammed by him too. Not very reliable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Heineken
    February 2010
    967 Posts
    HIRING!

What I want done;
    - A fully automatic donation system for OpenAura.
    - A fully automatic global ban system for OpenAura and website.

How much am I paying?
    I first want to discuss with you howlong it will take and know how hard it is to code this and come up with a reasonable price.

Timeframe:
    Will be discussed.

Payment:
    Will also be discussed.

Add me on steam, mr_heineken_nl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    January 2009
    85 Posts
    Scripter
    Hello, last year I lightly worked with lua, but over the past 3 months I have been intensely working in order to get down as many concepts as possible. If the lack of time scares you fair enough, I have not worked with a clan yet, only my own dedicated server; but a helper is a helper none-the-less. Ask and we'll see where it goes! I apologize if you're a grammar Nazi.

- What you can and can't do

can: most things with enough time; source sdk ~ hammer(mapping), (non-animated) custom models, basic 'artsy' stuff, particle effects galore,
    sooo... weather system, hud, scoreboard, 'most likely' RP jobs, money systems(data, not SQL), server network optimization, sweps, loading page; currently working on night/day script, oh boy!

i'm a stickler for making my scripts to handle large quantities of people

can't: donation systems( i have absolutely NO idea until someone explains that one to me haha ), may also be unable to fix up horrendous gamemodes, SQL systems
    i have seen some pretty extreme idealism; please be rationale about what is a team based project and what is individual

- What you want and don't want to do
    i'm willing to give anything a shot in general for educations sake, but it has to be reasonable
    i've been particularly been distanced from role-play gamemodes thus far

- How long you want the job to take
    whatever works, fair amount of free time. but if your going to give me a crap-mode or ask me to put perp into gmod13 don't expect it to be done quickly

- What you're willing to work for
    money is generous, but just being able to help other people is the important part! ~frankly that stuff scares me after reading The Great Gatsby

- How you want to be paid
    i have a PayPal if you really want to

- How you can be contacted
    By Steam

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Please dont try to scam me, it wont work. Im paying after I see the source not before.
    to be honest "I'm not giving you anything until you give me everything" sounds pretty scam-like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,958 Posts
    to be honest "I'm not giving you anything until you give me everything" sounds pretty scam-like.
    That...
    At least do a 50% up front, or something similar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #120

May 2012
    21 Posts
    If anyone's still interested to patch BaseWars up. I got $200 solid cash sitting in my paypal waiting to be spent on useless sht.

$200 for BaseWars. Anyone?

Someone took me up on the offer already. Looks like whoever rated me dumb should've spent their time getting in contact with me, cause now someone is gaining a $200 reward for a piece of cake job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)