1. Post #1
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,678 Posts
    http://garrysmod.com/post/26099399114/gmod-update-134

Garry posted:
    Iíve sent a patch to Valve which should fix the crash on startup error. This fixes only the PC version. This should hopefully be live quite soon.

Itís 11:30PM here and I donít have access to my build servers right now - so Iím sorry but I wonít be able to put out a fix for the Mac and Linux until some time tomorrow.

There were some kind of big changes in this engine update and Iíve been in a rush getting the update out to you guys so there might be some bugs due to a lack of testing. If you guys find anything let me know and Iíll get it fixed for tomorrowís patch.

Again - sorry for the downtime. This was caused by a significant Source Engine update - which I believe in the scheme of things is worth breaking GMod for 15 hours.
    Also, from the Steam news section:

Valve posted:
    Updates to Garry's Mod have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

- Fixes crash on startup
    Said significant Source engine update was related to last night's TF2 Pyromania Update in case anyone was wondering.

(User was banned for this post ("This didn't require yet another thread" - postal))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member

March 2012
    1,765 Posts
    Was a new thread really necessary? Not to be mean or anything...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2012
    243 Posts
    This is the 5th thread with the same problem I think...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member

May 2010
    64 Posts
    same problem? its fixed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Resident News Bot
    April 2011
    11,678 Posts
    This is the 5th thread with the same problem I think...
    Was a new thread really necessary? Not to be mean or anything...
    This is to inform people of the fact that a fix is out, not that I have a problem because I don't have access to a computer that can run GMod at this moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events